Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 05:13 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times

Advertisements

Teenagers love socially awkward guys approaching middle-age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 05:16 PM

20 posts, read 31,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's cute that you think an 18-year-old woman willing to date a man twice her age isn't looking for a sugar daddy.
Well, I wasn't saying that. I mean, at ANY age, there are gold diggers out there, both men and women. That, unfortunately, comes with living in America 2014. It's just that based on my personal experiences and observations, an 18 year old woman, compared to a woman my age are at very different stages in their lives. Someone who is 36 for example, I'm sure would want someone who owns their own place with a full time career that pays nicely as to say someone who is 18 who isn't really looking for that yet.

It's really just a numbers game I've realized. Even if you strike up a conversation over similar interests, it still will inevitably lead to material possessions and status.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:19 PM

20 posts, read 31,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Teenagers love socially awkward guys approaching middle-age.
Well first off, I'm not talking about dating teenagers. Anyway, like I said, I figure my odds are better as someone who is younger tends to be more understanding than someone who may be set in their ways.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:24 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Baratheon View Post
Well first off, I'm not talking about dating teenagers.
Yes, yes you are.

teen·ag·er (tnjr)
n.
A person between the ages of 13 and 19; an adolescent.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:30 PM

173 posts, read 155,269 times
Quote:
Well, I wasn't saying that. I mean, at ANY age, there are gold diggers out there, both men and women. That, unfortunately, comes with living in America 2014. It's just that based on my personal experiences and observations, an 18 year old woman, compared to a woman my age are at very different stages in their lives. Someone who is 36 for example, I'm sure would want someone who owns their own place with a full time career that pays nicely as to say someone who is 18 who isn't really looking for that yet.

It's really just a numbers game I've realized. Even if you strike up a conversation over similar interests, it still will inevitably lead to material possessions and status.
If there is an 18 yr old at community college, they are probably looking to get their life together as well. As a woman, I wouldn't have been interested in a near 40 yo man for a relationship.

Adolescents are some of the most materialistic generation. New phones. New cars. New clothes. It's all about what's new to them.

Maybe try meeting people in the same social circles or in activity groups. Maybe a writing group or literature meet up. Because honestly, no adult seeking out an English major is going to actually be walking into a career full of money, so you'll have a degree and still be broke. Might as well embrace it!

Old 06-04-2014, 05:31 PM

22,564 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Well first off, I'm not talking about dating teenagers.
That is EXACTLY what you are talking about!

No 18 year old girl is going to want some 36 year old hanging around.... unless she DOES want a sugar daddy.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:35 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Hey all. I'm looking for advice so I can have a better chance at finding love(who isn't).

A little bit about me, well, I'm 36 but I do look like I'm in my early 20's. I've been working out since January, so I'm in good shape. White. Six feet tall. Not saying that I'm a model or anything close to that, but I don't think I'm terrible looking.

Anyways, the reason I want to start pursuing women who are around 18, is that I really I don't get along women who are around my age. I find them to be honestly looking for a guy with money than someone who actually wants to get to know you for who you are first.

So my question would be, where would be a good place to start conversation? I'm attending community college now, but even approaching women in that type of setting, they still are a little stand offish. Is there any particular location that might be better? I find it hard to believe that the mall might be the best option.

Any advice from the guys would be great. How to dress?
Of course they're stand-offish. You're twice their age, and they can tell, in spite of the fact that you think you look just a few years older than them.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:49 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,761 times
I laugh at the idea that most 18-year-olds are going to be less superficial than people in their 30s. I'll defend my age group to death when people say they are unintelligent or they've doomed the world, but everyone knows teenagers are silly about romance.

Maybe if you really did look like Jaime Lannister (confused by the Baratheon part, actually) then you wouldn't have as much of an issue.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:45 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
Dude, gross. Grow up and stop being such a creep

Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times
try foreign countries, lots of 18 year olds wanting to meet an older man to marry and come to the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland