Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 02:57 PM

21,731 posts, read 16,334,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
As soon as a younger woman gets some confidence and whatnot she will dump the older guy. This is something many older guys don't understand.
"and whatnot" = suma his money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 03:25 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,059,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
As soon as a younger woman gets some confidence and whatnot she will dump the older guy. This is something many older guys don't understand.
Not always, and sometimes the relationship ends because the girl is the one who decides she needs more fun before settling which yes is totally normal. But there are exceptions I'm saying.

It works out if the commitment includes family and in-law family all together. Then there's a feeling of the old-fashioned matchmaking forces that enable the marriages of earlier times. The reason this works is it adds a new texture to the bond. It's social forces that otherwise make this unlikely a surviving relationship choice.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:40 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,685,446 times
The 18 year-old young woman may leave so that she can have more fun------with young guys. All the while, she continues to mature, while the socially awkward "old man" who is developmentally stuck at 18, or so, does not fare so well.

Let them meet again when she is 25, and she will have surpassed him.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:21 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
This is not always the case at all. Some of the older guys are the type that are 180-degree opposite of the tough guy looking for easy target. They are more like the 30+-year old virgin guy who is nonconformist to the standards of other 30-year olds and living as a fish out of water, has a heart of gold in a novel kind of way and like a kid inside an older person's body in one dimension of character while mature in other areas of life. This is special and the 35-year old nerd guy with the open minded 19-year old girl is a really cute matchup. And the more you hit the real world the more narrow your perspective in places outside what you do for a living, and the less unique your word usage and application of academics and art in your descriptions of yourself. For this reason, younger age has a creative level lost with age.

This means some older guys have a special heart and conscience for appreciating age diversity and this can yield a healthy age diverse relationship. It exists and is mutual and undervalued because of the potential for the exploiting by some awful people out there, but definitely isn't the case for ALL. Because of stigmas, you will more likely see age diverse relationships spur from hobby interest groups where people aren't as judgemental.
Wax poetics all you like, it doesn't change a thing that I said.

Also, who said anything about "tough guys" being the ones preying on easy targets? You don't have to be a tough guy to do that, nor do you have to be some kind of psycho pervert. Salespeople and canvassers do it all the time, but obviously for a different reason and to a different end. A 30+ year old virgin is perfectly capable of preying on a young, naive woman who's less likely to say "no" and scrutinize him (because of her naivete) than someone his own age.

And describing yourself as "a kid inside an older person's body" just confirms what I wrote originally.

Like I ended my last post: you're going to do what you're going to do. While I certainly have my opinions about your actions, I'm not here to stop you or call you names.

I will, however, say that I'm curious how people like you imagine it's going to work in the long run. Are picturing marriage? Because, unless you picked an especially sheltered or thick-in-the-head young woman, she's going grow up one day and become more privy to the world around her. She won't be that innocent, nonjudgmental girl that you love so much now. What then? Are you going to dump her, and find a new teenager?

Old 06-07-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Wax poetics all you like, it doesn't change a thing that I said.

Also, who said anything about "tough guys" being the ones preying on easy targets? You don't have to be a tough guy to do that, nor do you have to be some kind of psycho pervert. Salespeople and canvassers do it all the time, but obviously for a different reason and to a different end. A 30+ year old virgin is perfectly capable of preying on a young, naive woman who's less likely to say "no" and scrutinize him (because of her naivete) than someone his own age.

And describing yourself as "a kid inside an older person's body" just confirms what I wrote originally.

Like I ended my last post: you're going to do what you're going to do. While I certainly have my opinions about your actions, I'm not here to stop you or call you names.

I will, however, say that I'm curious how people like you imagine it's going to work in the long run. Are picturing marriage? Because, unless you picked an especially sheltered or thick-in-the-head young woman, she's going grow up one day and become more privy to the world around her. She won't be that innocent, nonjudgmental girl that you love so much now. What then? Are you going to dump her, and find a new teenager?
No, the older socially ackward guy matures alas as the last boat has arrived, the young girl...then they grow hand in hand into different people but in the same direction

Old 06-07-2014, 08:06 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,275,827 times
I honestly think the OP is just a troll. If he wants to find a teenager to date, he's probably already really familiar with how SnapChat and Tinder works. He's just taking everyone else for a ride at this point.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:53 AM

I miss being a teen myself. Everyone fantasizes about a fairy tale romance where you don't have to be

"High I'm in dentistry: 4 years at university , 3 years residency, hobbies: golf, time magazine, fishing

But

Hi, I am a freshie at San Francisco state. I love Rhodesian art, French films, watching doing karaoke over YouTube channel as if it's real karaoke. My mood is very influenced by like the nature around me. When I am ancy and sad I like to put that inner feeling on the outside by camping out in like golden Gate park. I love little stuffed animals and toys from trash that nobody else wants because they are so cute and one man's trash is another man's treasure. I love the ocean, Belgian chocolate, eating escargot at 6AM, riding on greyhound bus with a loud group in the back.......I am that pretty girl who talks to all the nerds, loners, international people ...I see the best in everyone

See the difference?

Last edited by EricS39; 06-08-2014 at 06:22 AM..

Old 06-08-2014, 06:45 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,275,827 times
Grow up dude. Name dropping all of your esoteric interests don't make you sound like any less like a predator. I mean if that's what you're into, go for it, but don't expect mainstream culture to accept you with wide open arms. It doesn't work that way. Not even in the Bay.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Grow up dude. Name dropping all of your esoteric interests don't make you sound like any less like a predator. I mean if that's what you're into, go for it, but don't expect mainstream culture to accept you with wide open arms. It doesn't work that way. Not even in the Bay.
The Bay is not Liberal on this area, it's Connecticut that is most Liberal on age diverse issues. In fact, in California it's a felony for an 18yo to make out with a 15yo, and still illegal for an 18yo to make out with 17yo

Old 06-08-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
And 18 year old girls are legal age so there's nothing predator-like

It doesn't matter if the guy is older or vice versa

When I was 19 a hippie lady from Ohio was my favorite cyber soulmate at that time. We went our separate ways mutually because of distance, not age. I was a kid downloading songs on napster and she got me into Crosby Nash Stills and Young, Cream, Vanilla Fudge, Jimmy Hendrix, Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, and got rock 70s into my soul and I take that forever

That would be someone my age now with someone now 18-19. Not every age gap grouping is an exploit taking advantage situation and not predatorial and to do so is to really discredit certain individuals in society because of the wicked actions of others.

I am not saying there's physical and chemical impulses between guys and girls that drive desires for people to interact with younger, but that doesn't translate to malicious intent that can be assumed

You can join for example, a Leftwing umbrella group of activists and one memorable feature is pretty 18yo girls radical cheerleading but getting enjoyment of that isn't predatorial, it's natural body chemical impulses that can stimulate benevolent behaviors in some individuals and saddistic behaviors in others, to some unquantifiable extent affecting why someone may prefer younger girls but too many moving parts to conclude someone who has a thing for younger girls is bad bad bad (or even acting benevolently on lust). The less you appreciate the other elements that drive age diversity, the more you assume OMG!!!

Last edited by EricS39; 06-08-2014 at 07:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland