Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 06:53 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Baratheon View Post
Hey all. I'm looking for advice so I can have a better chance at finding love(who isn't).

A little bit about me, well, I'm 36 but I do look like I'm in my early 20's. I've been working out since January, so I'm in good shape. White. Six feet tall. Not saying that I'm a model or anything close to that, but I don't think I'm terrible looking.

Anyways, the reason I want to start pursuing women who are around 18, is that I really I don't get along women who are around my age. I find them to be honestly looking for a guy with money than someone who actually wants to get to know you for who you are first.

So my question would be, where would be a good place to start conversation? I'm attending community college now, but even approaching women in that type of setting, they still are a little stand offish. Is there any particular location that might be better? I find it hard to believe that the mall might be the best option.

Any advice from the guys would be great. How to dress?
There are plenty of women on the "spectrum".

I don't necessarily think that trying to find a younger "girl" will ultimately solve your problem....They will mature eventually and leave you in the dust.

You need to just look for a woman that is perhaps a tad math/science/tech---even art oriented? Someone that may be a little quirky?

Dating an 18 year old will eventually only bring you pain if you're looking for someone for a more serious relationship. 18 yr old 'girls' (and boys) are generally wishy-washy, not mature, jealous, insecure, flaky, self absorbed, not entirely self aware, and not at all like the women they will hopefully grow up to be (maybe at 28yrs+, depending).

If you are just looking for a good time then do whatever you want, not that hard to find in any bar, but for real relationship material---gotta figure out someone that has the patience and understanding of your situation. Being on the same "wavelength" is everything in a healthy relationship.

Of course, I'm not a male---just an incredibly wise, very experienced, woman that actually has some knowledge about ummm...some spectrum stuff---(kid/and relatives) AND relationships with men.

Look around and pay attention, appreciate someone that's kinda like you. It might take some self introspection, but it will pay off eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 07:44 PM

20 posts, read 31,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
There are plenty of women on the "spectrum".

I don't necessarily think that trying to find a younger "girl" will ultimately solve your problem....They will mature eventually and leave you in the dust.

You need to just look for a woman that is perhaps a tad math/science/tech---even art oriented? Someone that may be a little quirky?

Dating an 18 year old will eventually only bring you pain if you're looking for someone for a more serious relationship. 18 yr old 'girls' (and boys) are generally wishy-washy, not mature, jealous, insecure, flaky, self absorbed, not entirely self aware, and not at all like the women they will hopefully grow up to be (maybe at 28yrs+, depending).

If you are just looking for a good time then do whatever you want, not that hard to find in any bar, but for real relationship material---gotta figure out someone that has the patience and understanding of your situation. Being on the same "wavelength" is everything in a healthy relationship.

Of course, I'm not a male---just an incredibly wise, very experienced, woman that actually has some knowledge about ummm...some spectrum stuff---(kid/and relatives) AND relationships with men.

Look around and pay attention, appreciate someone that's kinda like you. It might take some self introspection, but it will pay off eventually.
I have tried. Really I have. It's just that like I said, the women that have come on to me, or have been the most open have been around the 18 year old set. I've been to meetup groups and so far nothing has panned out for me. I think the real kicker of the situation is that the last person I talked to on this topic who turned out to be a few years younger than I am, mentioned something to the fact that the older we get, the harder it is to develop friendship. And you need some type of friendship for a relationship. Once women get past their mid-20's they give you the stare of death if you even look at them.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
That is EXACTLY what you are talking about!

No 18 year old girl is going to want some 36 year old hanging around.... unless she DOES want a sugar daddy.
I know. I used to think of that as well, but if someone is old enough to draft and sent off to war....plenty of women who are 18 tend to be more emotionally mature compared to men that age.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
try foreign countries, lots of 18 year olds wanting to meet an older man to marry and come to the US
Yeah, If I went that route, I highly doubt I'd want to come back to the states.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:25 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,499,635 times
Cool story, bro. I see a van parked in front of a high school in your future. Maybe a feature on To Catch a Predator? Aim big!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:07 PM

133 posts, read 152,254 times
I'd say you have a shot. Not a physical location, but try looking on OkCupid. You can filter out potential dates by age and such.

Honestly, I think you'll find someone. At eighteen my friends and I didn't want to date eighteen year old boys; they were gross and immature. Oh, and they sucked in bed.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustrated Hippy View Post
I'd say you have a shot. Not a physical location, but try looking on OkCupid. You can filter out potential dates by age and such.

Honestly, I think you'll find someone. At eighteen my friends and I didn't want to date eighteen year old boys; they were gross and immature. Oh, and they sucked in bed.
Thanks. At least you seem to know what I'm talking about. Maybe that swings for gals as well as dudes. I'm just trying to find someone who will give me just a chance. That's all. And in the SF Bay Area, with inflated rents and egos to boot, chances are in very short supply.

I never asked to be raised in this state....

Old 06-04-2014, 11:00 PM

833 posts, read 1,199,610 times
I think the majority of older single women want stability not so much money. If anything, the 18 year olds dating a man your age are the ones who want the money. I hope this is a troll thread...... I'm 22 and if I weren't married to the most amazing woman alive, not even I would want an 18 year old.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
I think the majority of older single women want stability not so much money. If anything, the 18 year olds dating a man your age are the ones who want the money. I hope this is a troll thread...... I'm 22 and if I weren't married to the most amazing woman alive, not even I would want an 18 year old.
LOL. Maybe it's a generational thing, but for me at least, most of the 18-21 year old women want someone they can relate to on a more mature level. And that can lead to growth.

The problem with "stability" as you state it, is that well......you need money to be stable! LOL. No joke dude. Honestly dude, tell me; do you really believe that the average 30 year old woman is going to be in any way attracted to a fellow 30 year old who is broke? Honestly? At that age, they're looking for one and one thing only man. And it's all dollar signs....

Old 06-04-2014, 11:26 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
You need to fix YOURSELF before thrusting yourself upon a young girl. Literally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland