Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 12:41 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Richmond vs. San Rafael. That is my answer
Which is the same as no answer at all. Thank you for proving my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 PM

422 posts, read 792,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Richmond is one of the highest crime areas in the bay area. There is an area called Point Richmond that is decent. The whole place is near a massive refinery. Personally, no way.
Yup, this area is quite bad. Similar to Oakland in crime statistics.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:33 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,744 times
You've proved mine, except you've proved nothing for yourself.

It's like you exist because you think you exist. Once you stop believing yourself, you'll cease to exist. So right, continue to troll

Old 09-14-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougstech View Post
Yup, this area is quite bad. Similar to Oakland in crime statistics.
Oakland is still worse by a big margin statistically.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 PM

Mr. Fantastic, Oakland has crime. What have you accomplished by repeating it? It's get real tedious after a while. Stay in that town called San Rafael, and let us Oaklanders enjoy our big city. Do you think we are unaware? Have we been misinformed? Ummm. No. but wait, wait. I want to know

What is your motivation?

Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 PM

We're discussing cities in the context of them being places to live for people not from the area.

I provide a balanced viewpoint of any city in question. Crime just happens to be a big part of Oakland, it's the most violent city in the state. If Oakland was known for its cotton candy, then I'd spend a lot of time typing about that. Unfortunately the truth is far more sinister.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Definately isn't balanced.

Just listen. The media might portray Oakland as a monster city. But as a resident, it's not like that at all.

Look, anything bad about Oakland, let's transform those things into a raccoon. It will not attack you, unless you corner it. If you do not corner it, you do not have to worry about a nasty, vicious bite or scratch.

There's only so much bad you can say about Oakland. But there is way more good to say about Oakland. 1/5 ..I know, because I'm not ignorant of my city. So I try to educate

Old 09-14-2010, 09:27 PM

3 posts, read 8,548 times
Is Richmand any worse than say...Baltimore Maryland? Like what I know Baltimore as...gangland shootings in tourist areas? Can't send your kids to public schools in the city cause they won't learn anything they need to get a job? Stephan and Fantastic...please quite generalizing....PLEASE. I am sure as others might be, there has to be "good" areas and "bad" areas. So, Point Richmand is..OK?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 PM

Point Richmond is pretty ok. ITs alot better than most of neighborhoods

Point Richmond has that small town feeling. Off the top of my head. It has a beach called Keller Beach, a railroad museum, marshlands, and 2 marinas (yacht clubs)..

I sent you a message. Check IT

For more opinions on Point Richmond, You should put this in your search box.
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...-richmond.html

Last edited by Stephen1110; 09-14-2010 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: More INfo

Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Definately isn't balanced.

Just listen. The media might portray Oakland as a monster city. But as a resident, it's not like that at all.

Look, anything bad about Oakland, let's transform those things into a raccoon. It will not attack you, unless you corner it. If you do not corner it, you do not have to worry about a nasty, vicious bite or scratch.

There's only so much bad you can say about Oakland. But there is way more good to say about Oakland. 1/5 ..I know, because I'm not ignorant of my city. So I try to educate
Stephen, the media doesn't create a 52% dropout rate, the media doesn't directly kill 100+ Oakland residents a year, the media doesn't create a $32,000,000 budget shortfall, and the media certainly doesn't create the image that Oakland is some criminal cesspool. People created that image through years and years of crime and mismanagement.

You can't just pretend it doesn't exist, and therefore, it disappears. Violent crime is a real problem in Oakland, the poor schools are a big problem in Oakland. Just because you turn away, doesn't mean the bogey man disappears. He gets more bold, bigger, and causes more damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland