Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 06:10 PM

1,336 posts, read 935,628 times

Advertisements

Re Tesla: I love everything about the sw and autonomous drive assist, but I can deal with the BORING interior of the 3.
I like the huge touchscreen, though. I am keeping my eye on the truck... that could be my Greta-mobile.

Re Greta, it's shocking how many people fall for cult of personality. Yes, Tulemutt, I know what you are thinking, but you're going for the easy assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 04:43 PM

24,419 posts, read 27,109,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Re Tesla: I love everything about the sw and autonomous drive assist, but I can deal with the BORING interior of the 3.
I like the huge touchscreen, though. I am keeping my eye on the truck... that could be my Greta-mobile.

Re Greta, it's shocking how many people fall for cult of personality. Yes, Tulemutt, I know what you are thinking, but you're going for the easy assumption.
I pre-ordered a cybertruck I want to have their ATV as well haha.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:59 PM

10,658 posts, read 7,172,540 times
I find it funny she has a mural, Global Warming although not scientifically proven is basically a religion of San Franciscans rather than the real God.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:13 PM

didn't you get the memo... it's no longer Global Warming, it's now Climate Change.
The news is, the climate is changing.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:34 PM

10,658 posts, read 7,172,540 times
Quote:
didn't you get the memo... it's no longer Global Warming, it's now Climate Change.
The news is, the climate is changing.
totally forgot since it wasnt warming.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:01 PM

24,419 posts, read 27,109,820 times
By the time Dinosaurs stopped using fossil fuels it was too late, let’s not repeat their mistakes!

Old 12-20-2019, 09:19 AM

The Left's mistake on environmental issues, climate change, etc., was to make it a divisive political issue.
As if the rest of the world doesn't care about the same issues.
There are ways to present without the attitude and hypocrisy that gets us all behind what we all want to solve.

Old 12-20-2019, 06:50 PM

35,388 posts, read 17,279,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Why not just plaster her face over the nearby hidden murals of George Washington?

Old 12-21-2019, 02:27 AM

3,976 posts, read 2,006,203 times
Quote:
The Left's mistake on environmental issues, climate change, etc., was to make it a divisive political issue.
As if the rest of the world doesn't care about the same issues.
There are ways to present without the attitude and hypocrisy that gets us all behind what we all want to solve.
I read the Greta mural took over 700 cans of aerosol paint to create.

That is some real forward thinking there.

Old 12-21-2019, 07:29 AM

21,814 posts, read 16,494,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I read the Greta mural took over 700 cans of aerosol paint to create.

That is some real forward thinking there.
You “read”, eh? Perhaps from “... the right-leaning website The Blaze ...” ?

Um: FALSE

Quote:
Did a Mural of Greta Thunberg Use 700 Gallons of Spray Paint?
A right-leaning social media activist grossly exaggerated the environmental impact of a San Francisco mural in honor of the climate change activist.

“ Some folks have been asking about the environmental impacts of the Greta mural. Read on for some details. The vast majority of the paint is water-based acrylic exterior paint that was rolled onto the building by hand. The finishing details can only be done with spray paint, but we are using spray cans without CFCs. (CFCs are tremendously damaging to the environment). We are using low pressure cans with a minimal footprint. The cans and the boxes will also be recycled, although many of the cans will first have a second life as part of a separate art project.

The cans have been picked up and delivered in an electric vehicle, and the artist and organizers have been travelling almost exclusively by way of electric car, electric scooter or on foot to the project site. The lift being used is also electric, not diesel. We are doing our best to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, in that order!”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/gr...l-spray-paint/
Some lack of any kind of thinking there. Maybe next time you “read” something you’ll take a moment’s effort to check it out through multiple credible sources?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland