Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 03:29 PM

629 posts, read 619,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Same goes for the guys. I always told my Bay Area friends how ugly I found all the guys (I'm gay) and they said I was being too picky or they took it personally that I was attacking their city. Now that they've been traveling more and some have moved to SoCal and the East Coast, they finally believe me. There's a few hot people in the Bay, but overall, it's one of the ugliest cities I've ever been to.
I agree. Masculinity is rare here as well. Both are byproducts of ultra-feminism and hipsterism IMO.

The thing is, at least with women, they're not necessarily unattractive. It's that they're actually often quite pretty, but just make an effort to look plain and unappealing. Even yoga pants can't salvage things.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:36 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I don't know, I've lived pretty much most of my life elsewhere, and I find the differences that people claim to exist to be minimal, if present at all. Most of his complaints are very generational. NY and Boston are very similar for many of these things.

I think this stuff is completely blown out of proportion.
This. The only thing in the blog I've found to be true is about the iphone focus, and that's only true of teens and women in their 20's (dudes, too), pretty much. So just going by that, I'd have to say the author's rant is absolutely generational. I couldn't relate to most of his points. A couple of 'em were more about neighborhood characteristics. There's no such thing as all women in SF living the same, dressing the same, etc. (The dude obviously has never been in the Sunset, the Richmond, or Bernal Heights, for example, or the Filmore).

Oh, and btw, SF doesn't want to be like NYC (his point #10). Not remotely. And that's a good thing.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:36 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,459,910 times
San Francisco: The Toronto Of The US

"The only cities I would recommend are Walnut creek, Berkeley or Emeryville for single dudes. Everywhere else including SF ****ing sucks for women."

Old 07-11-2015, 09:40 PM

Http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-18518.html

"Oh yeah, and though it's a bit out of the way there are tons of hot girls in the East Bay suburbs, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, Livermore, etc. My ex was from Livermore and I spent some time there, I pretty much hate her and everything about her (including Livermore), but I will admit there are hot women there. Though, from my experience with chicks from the East Bay, they tend to be freaky and wild sexually, but have a whole lot of issues, and are way more materialistic and stuck up than SF chicks"

"Okay, lets talk about the elite class. We have alot of rich people in the Bay Area. I know some of them. They are really cool people, usually.

They live in Pac Heights, The Marina, Marin, Moraga, Woodside, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Blawkhawk, Berkeley, Los Altos, San Ramon, etc.

I know these areas well. I know where they go to school. I have dated their daughters.

You are right. They are some of the coolest rich people I have ever met. Very down to earth and easy to approach. Great culture and perspective. For some reason, our rich people stay pretty open minded and aware."

"2. if you want hot bay area girls, hit up the girls from the far east bay suburbs from the I-680 corridor (Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, San Ramon, etc.). That place has good looking girls, more so with white girls but better looking. now, they're good looking but they have typical middle class suburbanite girl attitudes (materialistic, bitchy as ****, and braindead). I would try these, as I go to school in Concord but I lose my boner the minute I hear them talk...."

Old 07-12-2015, 04:36 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,278,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
"2. if you want hot bay area girls, hit up the girls from the far east bay suburbs from the I-680 corridor (Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton, San Ramon, etc.). That place has good looking girls, more so with white girls but better looking. now, they're good looking but they have typical middle class suburbanite girl attitudes (materialistic, bitchy as ****, and braindead). I would try these, as I go to school in Concord but I lose my boner the minute I hear them talk...."
I live in the tri-valley and there are a lot of attractive women. However, they tend to be more of the MILF crowd/trophy wives, etc. Its a fun place to be for me now, as I'm married and have kids. I'd probably like it even if I were not married, but in my 40s-50s.

When I was in my 20s and single, I wouldn't have liked living here. To be honest, the only place in the Bay Area that I thought had a good young professional singles scene (e.g., not a college scene) was in SF.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
I live in the tri-valley and there are a lot of attractive women. However, they tend to be more of the MILF crowd/trophy wives, etc. Its a fun place to be for me now, as I'm married and have kids. I'd probably like it even if I were not married, but in my 40s-50s.

When I was in my 20s and single, I wouldn't have liked living here. To be honest, the only place in the Bay Area that I thought had a good young professional singles scene (e.g., not a college scene) was in SF.
I guess there either middle age or still in HS. There's not much of an 18-25 scene.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:59 PM

378 posts, read 441,396 times
Default They are everywhere (I am)

Hot chicks are everywhere I go. I turn around and they are behind me.

They can smell rolls of hundred dollar bills in my wad from miles away...

Old 07-13-2015, 05:04 PM

That's not always vthe case. A lot of college girls date broke guys and a lot of rich nerds in the Silicon Valley can't find a date.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:23 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,392,581 times
I can be the omniscient observer, as an old (still somehow married) fart. This past Saturday, the City was rife with hotties. We're I a young lad, I'd have been very busy.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
I can be the omniscient observer, as an old (still somehow married) fart. This past Saturday, the City was rife with hotties. We're I a young lad, I'd have been very busy.
A lot of them are tourist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland