Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 05:08 PM

540 posts, read 652,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistola916 View Post
I second Sacramento as well. The Bay Area, particularly San Francisco, is the worst for single men. My dating life in SF was subpar at best until I moved to Sacramento for a job. Instantly, I didn't really have to try. Most of the women were pretty outgoing and had great personalities. The girls in Sac are homegrown unlike the Bay Area, which sometimes brought a snobbish and yes, feminist attitude. It was like if you didn't contribute to social justice, the environment, and women's rights. you were not worth it. I'd got attitude from past girlfriends just because I would hold the door for them or pay for dinner. Geez!

Obviously, Sac is not the Bay.The nightlife doesn't compare to that of SF. But I've always enjoyed my visits there. The social scene is quite strong. Go figure.
Blaming an entire city of almost 1 million people for your dating woes is arrogant and crazy. Not to mention most of the people who go into the city to party are from all around the Bay Area. Even as far away as Sacramento. If you can't meet women in the city, it's YOU not the city. For me it's nothing to be approached by women , and I'm married.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:22 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,778 times
Well, there are factors here to consider as well. It all really depends on where he's looking and what caliber of chick he's after. In other words, ya can't eat a filet mignon dinner on a Jack In The Crack budget nor will you find filet mignon on their dollar menu if you know what I mean. And San Francisco is loaded with guys with lots of money, possessions, and jobs where they are in a position to hire and fire at will. Money, possessions and power, all relatives of the diamond.

I have a friend who retired a year ago and when he did so traded in his private construction company pickup truck for a brand new Lamborghini. No matter where he drives it and/or at what time of the day, hot chicks 30 and younger are all over trying to hook up with him, especially if they catch him stopped at a red light. He's pushing 60 years old. He tells me if it wasn't for his religious orientation and being married, he'd have a chick for every day of the week. He also tells me that when he was driving his company truck with his work clothes on and a AM/PM coffee in his hand, the chick phenomenon didn't occur.

Now if you go to a small town, the women there are most likely not so influenced by the mentioned money, possessions, and power deal. Personally I know chicks who migrate to the bay area from various places, including but not limited to outside the US, who come to this area exclusively to hook up with a guy that can afford her ideal living conditions and lifestyle.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:34 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,459,910 times
It's also that SF tech economy is male dominated while LA entertainment industry and NYs advertising industries are more female dominated. SF doesn't even have an adequate UC. It's not a real college town.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:06 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,778 times
Another thing to seriously consider is the fact that there is a large population of drop dead hot looking chicks in San Fran who don't go out with guys. I can't count how many times over the past 20 or so years I've met a smoking hot chicks and find out that they don't go out with the opposite sex. So if that's happened to me quite a bit, I'm sure it's happening to other guys as well.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Another thing to seriously consider is the fact that there is a large population of drop dead hot looking chicks in San Fran who don't go out with guys. I can't count how many times over the past 20 or so years I've met a smoking hot chicks and find out that they don't go out with the opposite sex. So if that's happened to me quite a bit, I'm sure it's happening to other guys as well.
No offense but I don't believe you. SF is really no gayer than any other major city.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:41 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,459,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
No offense but I don't believe you. SF is really no gayer than any other major city.
SF still is but Seattle is coming in close 2nd.

Which are the gayest cities in U.S.? - Strange Bedfellows — Politics News

Old 12-14-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
6.2% of a population being gay is nothing. Not enough to say the city has too many gay people to find a strait partner. There's more Blacks than Gays in SF which is saying a lot considering most of the Blacks moved out the city.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:13 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,334 times
SF is truly full of the following type of lady :

Career minded and always will be , though she is having some doubts as time goes by. She liked it in College where the refuge of socially conscious clubs and gatherings helped keep her mind off prosaic activities such as dating or meeting guys. Time goes by things change for the worse. The closeness of sisterhood is threatened as one by one, her female friends start to break ranks and date a guy. Qsts inevitably arise about what is she doing with this type of guy. My word he ate a hamburger and watched a football game , was that the Superbowl? Oh my goodness , what is happened around us ?
Her friends all talk about time to bite the bullet and get to get their man. Sigh. But how can you do such a thing she asks?. Shock panic as she starts to see so many career minded girls all in the hunt for a guy. The table has turned and now she has to fend off suggestions that she might be gay. Clever hints from learned ladies all knowing how to place a seed well to grow. Hmmm, she wonders to herself as to whether she is missing out. Best bet, research to see how other single ladies approach the loneliness bug by reading hip accounts of same in large metro areas. Good thing as it keeps her mind off her present state and she can now free her mind to imagine life as a young single artist in Sweet Paris. Just like college she reminds herself , as she pulls out her favorite book on Proust. She feels better now.

Next day, she has a dinner with some female friends and the subject of guys comes up. A feeling of insecurity comes about her and she is quick to respond, just like what makes her efficient in her job as development officer for medium accounts at whatever.com. The girls with the guys, now can talk at will about taking care of their man , and he being like a big baby. She skillfully disguises her outright horror and wishes she could say outright how much of a bleepin hypocrite each of her friends has become. One even has the sheer audacity to mention her bf , who happens to like only grass fed beef now. WTF! They are all traitors . She goes home and the first rumblings of the deep need for intimacy with a guy start to distract her mind. The coldness of being alone at night and always alone make her put her head in her hands and cry a little. She then pulls herself together and affirms she will try to fill the emptiness in her whole life.

The years have passed and now she is getting older and she knows it. I just wish many guys would know about ancient hindu belly dancing in SE India, she then would be satisfied. Men are so ignorant and have no feelings. She goes outside and sees a couple with a new born child out walking. No no no , do not look at that couple with their baby again, she warns herself and just imagine the world , those two overdoing it with the handholding, are bringing the child into. She feels better again.

Might try some online dating, she decides for the heck of it. There was that one guy, but he seemed more interested in looking at young tarty chicks that passed by our table at the bar. Oh men. She goes home , and this time cries her eyes out and announces she does not care anymore. She is now hitting 30 or 40 and the alarm bells are already sounding.
Two options are available to her:
1. Mellow and work on the bitterness
2. Become more sad and disgruntled to the day she dies

That about sums up the "SF" girl for you. There are quite literally countless numbers of women here the same as the above. For many, there never was the deep felt need for intimacy in the first place. It is all going through the motions so as to fit in. They are good at it. Most of their jobs require a fair degree of interoffice politics anyways. There is certain type of woman who in general comes to SF. Usually well educated, good income women, not very attractive (sorry, but it is true, go elsewhere and see) and eventually resigning themselves to a life of yoga and vegan bites at the eastern prayer and spirit center. That part of the brain which covers basic needs for human interaction, coupling and being with a significant other, has been closed off. In its place is an awkward, trite and humorless soul.

She goes home and places her head in her hands and cries.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:05 PM

82 posts, read 88,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post

Career minded and always will be , though she is having some doubts as time goes by. She liked it in College where the refuge of socially conscious clubs and gatherings helped keep her mind off prosaic activities such as dating or meeting guys. Time goes by things change for the worse. The closeness of sisterhood is threatened as one by one, her female friends start to break ranks and date a guy. Qsts inevitably arise about what is she doing with this type of guy. My word he ate a hamburger and watched a football game , was that the Superbowl? Oh my goodness , what is happened around us ?
Her friends all talk about time to bite the bullet and get to get their man. Sigh. But how can you do such a thing she asks?. Shock panic as she starts to see so many career minded girls all in the hunt for a guy. The table has turned and now she has to fend off suggestions that she might be gay. Clever hints from learned ladies all knowing how to place a seed well to grow. Hmmm, she wonders to herself as to whether she is missing out. Best bet, research to see how other single ladies approach the loneliness bug by reading hip accounts of same in large metro areas. Good thing as it keeps her mind off her present state and she can now free her mind to imagine life as a young single artist in Sweet Paris. Just like college she reminds herself , as she pulls out her favorite book on Proust. She feels better now.

Next day, she has a dinner with some female friends and the subject of guys comes up. A feeling of insecurity comes about her and she is quick to respond, just like what makes her efficient in her job as development officer for medium accounts at whatever.com. The girls with the guys, now can talk at will about taking care of their man , and he being like a big baby. She skillfully disguises her outright horror and wishes she could say outright how much of a bleepin hypocrite each of her friends has become. One even has the sheer audacity to mention her bf , who happens to like only grass fed beef now. WTF! They are all traitors . She goes home and the first rumblings of the deep need for intimacy with a guy start to distract her mind. The coldness of being alone at night and always alone make her put her head in her hands and cry a little. She then pulls herself together and affirms she will try to fill the emptiness in her whole life.

The years have passed and now she is getting older and she knows it. I just wish many guys would know about ancient hindu belly dancing in SE India, she then would be satisfied. Men are so ignorant and have no feelings. She goes outside and sees a couple with a new born child out walking. No no no , do not look at that couple with their baby again, she warns herself and just imagine the world , those two overdoing it with the handholding, are bringing the child into. She feels better again.

Might try some online dating, she decides for the heck of it. There was that one guy, but he seemed more interested in looking at young tarty chicks that passed by our table at the bar. Oh men. She goes home , and this time cries her eyes out and announces she does not care anymore. She is now hitting 30 or 40 and the alarm bells are already sounding.

That about sums up the "SF" girl for you. There are quite literally countless numbers of women here the same as the above. For many, there never was the deep felt need for intimacy in the first place. It is all going through the motions so as to fit in. They are good at it. Most of their jobs require a fair degree of interoffice politics anyways. There is certain type of woman who in general comes to SF. Usually well educated, good income women, not very attractive (sorry, but it is true, go elsewhere and see) and eventually resigning themselves to a life of yoga and vegan bites at the eastern prayer and spirit center. That part of the brain which covers basic needs for human interaction, coupling and being with a significant other, has been closed off. In its place is an awkward, trite and humorless soul.

This describes my ex girlfriend who wants to move to Portland really well.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:12 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post

Hahaha someone's been watching a few too many movies.

What I find most distressing nice again, is guys who have the nerve to say that an entire segment of women are generally not good looking.

I personally think that many men are unwilling to admit they are intimidated by a woman that has a good, high paying, prestigious job.

So instead they blame the physical appearance of the women and what they characterize as a frigid disposition for men for their difficulty in having a successful relationship.

When really, most girls I know want to be swept off their feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland