Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 02:36 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Sorry we like to look good and wear nice clothes and drive nice cars? What's so bad about liking nice things? The Bay could learn a thing or two from LA in that category. There's a reason why this thread exists in the SF Subforum, and not the LA one.
But the LA fasion sense is not classy in the sense of London, Paris, or Milan. LA is full of lots of trashy douchy wannabe reality TV types with tatoos. LA is not epitamy of class.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:10 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,014,088 times
LoL, the US based company that comes up with rankings has LA at 4, behind NYC, Paris, and London. Like most bay areans, you probably know nothing of that industry but probably think you are an expert. Oh, and no bay city has ever been considered a high fashion city. People wear north face in the bay, lol. For a region so affluent and educated, you would think people know how to dress. But, I digress.

Oh and the hot bay natives are in LA, if you haven't yet figured out.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:35 AM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,082,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
LoL, the US based company that comes up with rankings has LA at 4, behind NYC, Paris, and London. Like most bay areans, you probably know nothing of that industry but probably think you are an expert. Oh, and no bay city has ever been considered a high fashion city. People wear north face in the bay, lol. For a region so affluent and educated, you would think people know how to dress. But, I digress.

Oh and the hot bay natives are in LA, if you haven't yet figured out.
The last sentence is very true. Lots of attractive girls who I went to school with moved down to LA or San Diego. The only incoming girls we get in the Bay are loads of fob Asian girls (I don't like Asian girls; too many cultural differences and they don't turn me on) and loads of weird transplants.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
The last sentence is very true. Lots of attractive girls who I went to school with moved down to LA or San Diego. The only incoming girls we get in the Bay are loads of fob Asian girls (I don't like Asian girls; too many cultural differences and they don't turn me on) and loads of weird transplants.
Are you talking about girls who grew up in SF or in the suburbs?

Old 07-22-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Are you talking about girls who grew up in SF or in the suburbs?
The Suburbs. I grew up in the suburbs.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
The Suburbs. I grew up in the suburbs.
I grew up in LA. My observations is that most of the attractive women in their 20s move there from other places but they usually don't growv up there unless they have rich parents. Attractive girls tend to grow up in suburban areas but leave once they go off to college.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
I grew up in LA. My observations is that most of the attractive women in their 20s move there from other places but they usually don't growv up there unless they have rich parents. Attractive girls tend to grow up in suburban areas but leave once they go off to college.
It depends on the suburbs. My suburban town didn't have too many attractive girls,while my next door neighbor city, Napa, had lots when I was in high school (I graduated high school in 2012). But anyway, most of the attractive girls I know left to SoCal, out of state, or to Chico. Very few stayed in the Bay and if they did, they were usually in a serious relationship. Now, there are still some attractive girls in the Bay but they are usually older than me and I'm not of moneyed status. So I'm left with little choices and it's one of the reasons why I'm leaving California in Spring, 2016.

To all the heterosexual men here.

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-49071.html

Old 07-23-2015, 07:40 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,356,034 times
Growing up in the city argument is a little different for LA because the city limits are so vast. I knew plenty of attractive men and women from the city of LA. Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Sherman Oaks, Pacific Palisades, Westwood, Brentwood, and even slightly Westchester. Others would be Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, and Torrance. But I get that SF is different because of the small city limits.

NYC is another good example, though, because I know plenty of attractive people from the further out parts of Brooklyn and Queens.

San Diego is a whole different story too. La Jolla, Point Loma, Carmel, Rancho Bernardo.

In SF, the kids only exist in the Richmond and Sunset mainly. And the majority of those are 1st generation or immigrants themselves and usually still Asian which we've settled isn't the mainstream view of "beauty" in this country.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Growing up in the city argument is a little different for LA because the city limits are so vast. I knew plenty of attractive men and women from the city of LA. Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Sherman Oaks, Pacific Palisades, Westwood, Brentwood, and even slightly Westchester. Others would be Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, and Torrance. But I get that SF is different because of the small city limits.

NYC is another good example, though, because I know plenty of attractive people from the further out parts of Brooklyn and Queens.

San Diego is a whole different story too. La Jolla, Point Loma, Carmel, Rancho Bernardo.

In SF, the kids only exist in the Richmond and Sunset mainly. And the majority of those are 1st generation or immigrants themselves and usually still Asian which we've settled isn't the mainstream view of "beauty" in this country.
LA is largely immigration as well and the San Fernando Valley despite being in LA city is an older inner ring suburb comparable to the Santa Clara Valley. SF city is the equivalent on the area from Santa Monica to Downtown.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 PM

I think the reasons they move to Social is the nightlife and beaches and weather but that's overrated. SF has decent nightlife but is more sophisticated and less Douchy than Hollywood and Orange County. Southern CAs beaches can be very cold in the summer. That's true of most of the beaches in CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland