Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times

Advertisements

well everyone can sleep much better now knowing that open carry apparently will be defeated this year in the senate.

what i find odd is that all those that oppose open carry are the same politically leaning people that oppose water boarding a terrorist to gain info to stop more terrorism. but yet support a president that oks predator droans launched into a neighbor hood killing innocent women and children because "intelligence" says there may be a bad guy amongst them.

instead of getting a handle on criminals with guns they take away the right already afforded to us by the second amendment that lawfully abiding citizens can own and proudly carry a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 AM

481 posts, read 943,522 times
I personally am opposed to open carry. I lived in AZ where the gun laws are very very loose and I promise you I did not feel safer, but quite the opposite. Walking into a store where a man has a 9mm strapped to his belt did not make me feel better at all.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times
It did not make you feel any safer?? I am relieved to know that someones constitutional right being upheld in the state they reside in is all about you

Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
I personally am opposed to open carry. I lived in AZ where the gun laws are very very loose and I promise you I did not feel safer, but quite the opposite. Walking into a store where a man has a 9mm strapped to his belt did not make me feel better at all.

Especially not knowing how mentally stable his is or if he's a heavy drinker. Does he have anger issues? Drug problems? A generally rotten attitude? Who examines these people before they're allowed to walk around with guns?

Old 04-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Especially not knowing how mentally stable his is or if he's a heavy drinker. Does he have anger issues? Drug problems? A generally rotten attitude? Who examines these people before they're allowed to walk around with guns?
For the love of something holy, here we go again . I dont want ill feelings between the 2 of us catlady. I am respectfully going to refrain from adding to this discussion as you already know how I feel. Have a blessed day.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Hey, what do you need a gun for?!?
Coconuts are very lethal! And, no one will ever question you walking around with one!
Plus, it won't scare tourists away!
Of course the residents of Newtown won't be scared of you either. And neither will my neighbors 10 year old. :-)

Too bad about the law though! The foreign press can't report about EVERYONE walking around with a gun.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:08 PM

18 posts, read 35,516 times
Oh darn, the law won't pass. I visualized the Newtown gangstra guys strapping their holsters around their knees down where their pants are hanging, it would eliminate quick-draw as well as running away from a crime scene quickly.

Really I'm all for concealed carry (except for coconuts) and think it is asinine that one can be arrested for the wind blowing your shirt up revealing a gun.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C. Shore View Post
Oh darn, the law won't pass. I visualized the Newtown gangstra guys strapping their holsters around their knees down where their pants are hanging, it would eliminate quick-draw as well as running away from a crime scene quickly.

Really I'm all for concealed carry (except for coconuts) and think it is asinine that one can be arrested for the wind blowing your shirt up revealing a gun.
Dude trust me, I have tried to conceal coconuts in my speedo..... its pretty horrific

Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 PM

18 posts, read 35,516 times
Gee heck OMW try the smaller ones!!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:27 PM

481 posts, read 943,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
It did not make you feel any safer?? I am relieved to know that someones constitutional right being upheld in the state they reside in is all about you
It's ones constitutional right to carry a side arm in plain view? I wasn't aware of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area