Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 06:57 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,407 times

Advertisements

when i finally get to the sarasota area... hopefully by summer. i will be needing to start over in my hairdressing career.. this is a hard thing. i have 20 yrs worth of clientelle. its hard to leave that and start over but im so ready! im just hopeing to start out in a salon that i can build and grow quickly and also be happy.. fit in with my new family.
any reccomendations? most likely living in NP...
i was looking at emmetts spa in engelwood... any feedback on working in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 05:32 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
when i finally get to the sarasota area... hopefully by summer. i will be needing to start over in my hairdressing career.. this is a hard thing. i have 20 yrs worth of clientelle. its hard to leave that and start over but im so ready! im just hopeing to start out in a salon that i can build and grow quickly and also be happy.. fit in with my new family.
any reccomendations? most likely living in NP...
i was looking at emmetts spa in engelwood... any feedback on working in that area?
I recently went to a chain hair cuttery place called Super Cuts. They seemed busy. They have a website called Supercuts . com (w w w all one word) There should be a number of places that would hire you.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:58 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
just remember that some of the larger dept stores like Penneys and Dillards and Macys could also have hair salons--at least they do in my area (DFW)
in my area SuperCuts employs hair stylists and pays hrly pay--they are not contractors who pay rent to the shop and set their own rates like my girl does...

you might also check out senior citizen housing/managed care living if you do well with older people
I think there is often someone who comes in to those places and works with the residents who can't get out that easily

Old 02-27-2009, 08:14 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
I get my hair cut at James Griffith Salon on the Island of Venice. Everyone there is always really friendly and nice. Most of the hairdresser have been there for years so they must be happy and making money or I'd assume they'd go elsewhere. From talking with my stylist she says that you have to go through their special schooling, etc. I know that he has flown some of the girls up to NY and Chicago for special classes.

They seem to be very busy year round and not just in the winter as well. I have to book my girl at least four months in advance to get in.

Another idea along those lines is Fantastic Sam's. There is one in North Port in the North Port Commons shopping center.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:16 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
I just went to the Hair Color Center over in gulf gate by the thirsty turtle...took in a picture of what colors I wanted & came out just how I wanted it!

I think there's always room for hairdressers...shouldn't be a problem.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I just went to the Hair Color Center over in gulf gate by the thirsty turtle...took in a picture of what colors I wanted & came out just how I wanted it!

I think there's always room for hairdressers...shouldn't be a problem.
I bet you look MA-Vel-uS Dalllleeeeng!

Old 02-28-2009, 08:55 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Hey hdzup, I was looking at job website and found this one that I thought might interest your husband:
http://sarasota.employmentguide.com/...?JobID=5385902

Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Default thinking like me.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
just remember that some of the larger dept stores like Penneys and Dillards and Macys could also have hair salons--at least they do in my area (DFW)
in my area SuperCuts employs hair stylists and pays hrly pay--they are not contractors who pay rent to the shop and set their own rates like my girl does...

you might also check out senior citizen housing/managed care living if you do well with older people
I think there is often someone who comes in to those places and works with the residents who can't get out that easily
i will defenately be doing that... doing alot of housecalls at first im sure. and prob try to pick up a few housecleaning jobs until i build up.. i hate the thought of being in a supercuts.. uhhh. they have a bad rap up here.. lol.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:55 AM

Default thanx!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Hey hdzup, I was looking at job website and found this one that I thought might interest your husband:
Delivery- Route Sales - Pepsi Bottling Group (HQ) Jobs in Sarasota FL
thanx so much... i put in an application, my husband is very confident he will find work.. i am so happy for that. as soon as we get an offer, we are coming down to look for jobs! hope its soon. i will let you know... ive been making alot of phone calls..

everyone pray for us!!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I bet you look MA-Vel-uS Dalllleeeeng!
See Album!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area