Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,142,093 times

Advertisements

Not to jack the thread or anything but....

I got 4 out of 6 on lotto two weeks ago. It paid $85. That covered my car insurance for the month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,849 times
Alright mate, better spill yer guts per the pirate code er else yer gonna be split from navel to nose by these landlubbers.... are yea in posssession of the booty all by yea savvy and if so, can yea proove it to the crew with a round of drinks????? AAARRGGGHH

Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 AM

60 posts, read 60,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post

I got 4 out of 6 on lotto two weeks ago. It paid $85. That covered my car insurance for the month.
The story teller makes no choice, soon you will not hear his voice.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:22 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acegirl View Post
Yup, I'm thinking this is the "Dixon Cox" troublemaker from yesterday... I should have noticed the similarities last night before I took the time to post.
The user name also changed on the locked thread - it's the same guy
Why do that to the CD posters? Come on.... these are good people just trying to help each other. Now I don't know what to believe

Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
perhaps it should be
Dick Head Cox

Old 08-25-2009, 04:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahMon View Post

What I am looking for is an estate that is near all beaches and entertainment, but yet out of the way so no one can just "stop by". It needs to be gated. I need something large enough to satisfy extended visits by family and friends, and enough amenities to entertain many children. It's not out of the question to buy two places next door to one another, and turn one into a guest house. I intend to buy a couple of boats also, a large cruiser, and something for the Intracoastal. How do you find people to pilot your boat for you? I want someone who is experienced and trustworthy.
Assuming you really did win a lot of money, it sounds as if you need to discuss this with a financial planner who can review the taxes, upkeep & utilities and look at long term expenditures vs future income. Most people who come into a big windfall go broke within 5 years. There's a reason. Your desire to own an "estate" on the water in an area like Casey Key with 2 residences, including a guest house, a "couple" of boats, including a large cabin cruiser with a private crew isn't unreasonable if you won over $200 million, but unless you have another source of income, you will not be able to sustain such a lifestyle for a long period. I'm sure you've read about the celebrities who died penniless after making millions and the many who claimed bankruptcy after their careers went sour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post

Congrats! Smart move. Most people just buy more tickets and lose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
The user name also changed on the locked thread - it's the same guy
Why do that to the CD posters? Come on.... these are good people just trying to help each other. Now I don't know what to believe
It's the internet, so I never know what to believe. I might be a man who calls himself justNancy. (maybe I only dated one woman in my life and her name was Nancy! lol) Seriously, the OP said he didn't like the notoriety and was seeking anonymity and then talked about building an entire compound. Well, it's fun to dream.

Last edited by justNancy; 08-25-2009 at 04:19 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 04:14 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,440 times
Hey all, this guy is a troll... he did not win the lottery. Last week his screen name was DixonCox & he was leaving his wife & kids to move to FL by himself. Now he won the lottery & apparently now his wife & kids are OK with him buying Siesta Key up, leveling all the buildings & driving around drunk in a limo...or is it a yacht?

Go back & look at his previous posts...all of DixonCox's posts have changed to the screen name YeahMon (as ZZB previously mentioned..)

Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Hey all, this guy is a troll... he did not win the lottery. Last week his screen name was DixonCox & he was leaving his wife & kids to move to FL by himself. Now he won the lottery & apparently now his wife & kids are OK with him buying Siesta Key up & driving around drunk in a limo...or is it a yacht?

Go back & look at his previous posts...
Aha! Let's get him!

http://bestsmileys.com/shooting1/7.gif (broken link)

Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 PM

917 posts, read 2,616,118 times
Congrats to ZaraZoteBuccaneer for getting the truth out of the scurvy bastard. Well done!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 PM

60 posts, read 60,058 times
Quote:
Hey all, this guy is a troll... he did not win the lottery. Last week his screen name was DixonCox & he was leaving his wife & kids to move to FL by himself. Now he won the lottery & apparently now his wife & kids are OK with him buying Siesta Key up, leveling all the buildings & driving around drunk in a limo...or is it a yacht?

Go back & look at his previous posts...all of DixonCox's posts have changed to the screen name YeahMon (as ZZB previously mentioned..)
All right. In all seriousness, I am going to come clean. Both of my posts were completely made up. I used to run a popular forum a while back, so I can get pretty creative.

All kidding aside, I would like to be friends with you guys here. I do visit Florida often, and I can contribute to this forum, as well as take from it.

I beg all of you to forgive me, and as YeahMon, I promise to be honest from here on out.

(Admit it though, I had you guys going on the "leaving my family behind" post!! LOL, and my lottery post was pretty dreamy too)

Parlay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area