Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:28 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,143,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Awww Man! shot down again! LOL Oh well, at least I won't need to start another college fund!

Can I interest you in another position? Ugh Oh, that sounded bad!
But, was meant with the nicest of intentions -
Ok, everyone might not believe that, so . . .
How 'bout I buy you a drink at the meet up!
Uhh! I think I'm digging a deeper hole! Hmmmm?!?
Ok, lets just be friends, - Oh, sure now I've lost all my credibility!
How 'bout I drive you to get you're license.
Help! Somebody save me! I can't see the bottom of the hole I just dug!
No worries!

I am waiting for the next meet up BH. Thank god we have no sink holes in SRQ!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 05:29 PM

3,464 posts, read 1,897,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I am in the process of gathering the information required to renew my FL driver's license.

I am personally finding the information required to be a PITA (pain in the *$$) to find, i.e. (birth certificate state certified/still hoping mine is good with the raised stamp?), social security card (mine doesn't match my name/however my SS yearly statement does), marriage license showing why my name is different than my birth certificate even though I'm no longer married, probably will bring along my divorce paperwork just for the h*ll of it, voting license listing my address that of course, does not currently match my DL.

I wonder if the terrorists had to produce this much documentation?

L M A O!!!!!!!!!!!all smiles........
wish I could help.....goodluck

Old 02-12-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Awww Man! shot down again! LOL Oh well, at least I won't need to start another college fund!

Can I interest you in another position? Ugh Oh, that sounded bad!
But, was meant with the nicest of intentions -
Ok, everyone might not believe that, so . . .
How 'bout I buy you a drink at the meet up!
Uhh! I think I'm digging a deeper hole! Hmmmm?!?
Ok, lets just be friends, - Oh, sure now I've lost all my credibility!
How 'bout I drive you to get you're license.
Help! Somebody save me! I can't see the bottom of the hole I just dug!
It can get pretty scary when the rabbit hole gets too deep!

Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 PM

20 posts, read 71,501 times
LOL! you two crack me up(Ladywithafan & Big House) Hopefully I'll be able to make it to some meetups when I move down! I need to meet some great people with a good sense of humor. Hopefully getting my lisence won't be too much of a pain when I get there, I just need to finish getting copies of all my papers before I move!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:06 PM

Luckily, unlike Jonathan Winters, I have not lost my sense of humour living in Florida, just my mind.

P.S. look for "Certifiably Jonathon" on utube/trailers...especially the one with Howie Mandel at Target

I ordered the movie, it got to my house in two days, way less stressful than dealing with renewing my driver's license....

Old 02-12-2010, 02:24 PM

20 posts, read 71,501 times
I have got to see that! It looks like an interesting dry humor film...
Here is a drivers license related link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZBqyAkNcnM

Edbassmaster is one of my top fav youtube comedic guys to watch

Old 02-13-2010, 11:59 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,092,956 times
A sense of humor is very important, because, if everyone couldn't tell, we joke around - A LOT, if they couldn't tell we were joking, then they would probably take my beer away from me!

Or even worse, not let me come here and flirt with everyone!

And where would that leave me - all alone to humor myself!

And that would be just horrible! I'd get soooo tired of playing practical jokes on myself very quickly! Hmmmm?!?! Although part of me would like it! Then again, part of me would hate it! And, that would make part of me laugh! Hmmmm!?! Because that's what practical jokes are all about.

I'm so greatful, that LWAF is cool with my humor and adores me! Because otherwise, I would probably sit here and type to myself! LOL
I hope you really come to one of these meet ups! I'm gonna schedule one, as soon as the weather warms up!

Old 02-14-2010, 05:17 AM

531 posts, read 1,162,417 times
Honestly, you're all sooo funny, and I love reading your posts! I love laughing! PLEASE let the weather warm up!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
A sense of humor is very important, because, if everyone couldn't tell, we joke around - A LOT, if they couldn't tell we were joking, then they would probably take my beer away from me!

Or even worse, not let me come here and flirt with everyone!

And where would that leave me - all alone to humor myself!

And that would be just horrible! I'd get soooo tired of playing practical jokes on myself very quickly! Hmmmm?!?! Although part of me would like it! Then again, part of me would hate it! And, that would make part of me laugh! Hmmmm!?! Because that's what practical jokes are all about.

I'm so greatful, that LWAF is cool with my humor and adores me! Because otherwise, I would probably sit here and type to myself! LOL
I hope you really come to one of these meet ups! I'm gonna schedule one, as soon as the weather warms up!

......{tapping foot, waiting patiently....amusing self by self}...

Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 AM

Default Update on my FL driver's license nightmare of a day

I actually made my appointment a month in advance for last Friday afternoon. I had all my paperwork together...or so I thought.

I went in and the gatekeeper told me I would need a copy of my divorce paperwork. There went my 9:30 a.m. slot. Went back home, pulled out my divorce papers & headed to the DL office located in the AAA buidling down on Bee Ridge. Signed in, sat down, called in my free tickets for my birthday @ McCurdy's comedy club for Saturday evening while waiting to take care of business.
About 1/2 hour later, my name was called & I handed my paper work to the DL lady. She told me I needed to have my divorce decree NOTARIZED...I was like wait a minute here, I've been divorced for 10 years, had my FL driver's license for almost 20 years...WTF?
Got in the car & headed to the Manatee court house to get a copy of the NOTARIZED divorce certificate. I figured I might as well go get my license taken care of at the big DL office by the DeSoto Square Mall. The lady looked at my paperwork & told me due to the fact that I had a ticket three years ago, I would need to take a sign test but they didn't offer those there. Another WTF?
It was time for lunch with my little friend, Jose Cuervo.
After lunch, I returned to Sarasota to see what they would have to say now that I had my notorized 10 year old divorce decree.
I didn't say anything except, "here's my paperwork" to the DL lady. I was styling now...got my photo done, did the eye test then......here it came. "Your divorce paperwork is not good enough, we need a copy of your marriage certificate." I was married in 1989 for pete's sake!!!.....I said, now wait a minute here...I've been divorced for 10 years, had my DL in Florida since 1991 and you're telling me that you need to see my marriage certificate to prove who I am? My SS# card even still has my maiden name on it but my annual letter shows my married name because I did change it but I had lost my card with my married name. DL lady told me the SS card is not a legal document. Gee, no wonder we can give them to illegal aliens in the U.S. makes sense to me!
So after dealing with four trips to RENEW my FL DL from 9 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. all I got was a 30 day extension.

Now, I have to take another day off work, send away for my marriage certificate from another state & hope that they will not ask me for anything else.

Wonder how the Haitain refugees will get driver's licenses?????????

Last edited by Ladywithafan; 03-24-2010 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area