Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 AM

47 posts, read 100,505 times

Advertisements

This is encouraging, I wasn't sure if their was anything in my price range. I'm not looking for anything real fancy but a nice location to call home. Traveling 15-20 minutes would be alright but walking to downtown would be even better. I know their are good deals in Northport but I'm from NYC and need to be around people and some sort of activities or I'll go nuts. I'm 49 so Venice seems to be a older crowd and I'm not ready for shuffleboard yet LOL. Palmer Ranch seems to be too expensive for my price range. An older house would be fine so long as it was in good condition. Paver Park looks pretty close to the city center hows that area????? Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,915,473 times
There are 137 3 bedroom 2 bath homes in Sarasota within a 5 miles radius of Main St (downtown) and under $150K. Areas that might interest you are:

Poinsettia Park
Bellevue Terrace
Sarasota Springs
Kensington Park
Ridgewood Estates
South Gate
Morning Glory Ridge
Flora Villa
Hyde Park
Phillippi Park
Shady Oaks
Paver Park
Colonial Oaks
Loma Linda

That should get you started. Good luck with your search!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:20 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMMY WACK View Post
This is encouraging, I wasn't sure if their was anything in my price range. I'm not looking for anything real fancy but a nice location to call home. Traveling 15-20 minutes would be alright but walking to downtown would be even better. I know their are good deals in Northport but I'm from NYC and need to be around people and some sort of activities or I'll go nuts. I'm 49 so Venice seems to be a older crowd and I'm not ready for shuffleboard yet LOL. Palmer Ranch seems to be too expensive for my price range. An older house would be fine so long as it was in good condition. Paver Park looks pretty close to the city center hows that area????? Thanks everyone.
Paver Park is a nice little older community, very close to downtown. These will be smallish 1950's and 1960's homes - homes of this era are very well built (I live in one) and are easily remodeled. You may even be able to snag a deal on one that is already remodeled. Also look into Arlington Park area - I think these two neighborhoods are going to be the closest to downtown and also have something in your price range.

Downtown is great, it's small but has everything, and is beautiful and vibrant. You will see plenty of people in your age group downtown.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area