Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 AM

90 posts, read 355,348 times

Advertisements

Crime in Seattle? I will say this Seattle Wa AKA King County has Great Hunters... Let me explain; there are people who love, and truly get there rocks off on hunting other people. ie Gary Ridge Way; Ted Bundy ect. Now not to get anyone's hairs into a bunch. There is a pending crime wave; coming straight out of Kent.

I worked for Comcast door to door sales for two years in the last 3. I can tell you with out a shadow of a doubt the crime is going to get a little more Rocky before it gets better. What the economic crash did to some people. Wiped out a majority of Kent's less desirable s ie they fell into a Depression. Year after year the crime rate in Kent rises. That little gang fight last year was nothing compared to the things to come. Ive been too the doors; Ive seen the desperation in those folks eyes.

Ive had people light a crack pipe while I'm there home trying to get them internet service. I for one know whats behind those doors. The biggest migration from Seattle has been going on slowly but surely. It's too Austin Tx in fact I was there 4 days ago and have seen many familiar faces... Now if your into riding out the wave that fine. The smart money knows crime will eventually spread out like a disease. If it isn't stemmed early; it becomes systemic. Just like a run a muck virus.

I for one Love Seattle and Call it home now; but I've decided to Sell and relocate like others in Texas very recently. The Service industry is being crushed; and the gas and Cost of Living is Sky high compared to here in Texas. Infact if you ask me; Austin is now Little Seattle. There isn't much difference other then the Cost of Living which is much cheaper. Plus I don't have too Work for daddy Gates or Amazon just to make 70K-80K a year. I do that from an Oilfield; though I admit I will most likely pay off my house there and rent it out. With the prices here; I don't even need a bank in a lot of areas. The damn realtors are verse in Contacts for house hehe. 40K 1800 ft^2 2bath... Well GL I promise to visit every year and I can only hope and prey the tide is stemmed before it gets out of hand.

The murders are tied to the property crimes that's where you crunch the numbers.....

Seattle206723 and I'm out hehe YouTube handle oooh Look what I said a while back about crime wave coming that way... August 2011 I did this video..

Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 AM

620 posts, read 1,301,044 times
I went to high school in a place called Danville, IL. Population is about 35K and its crime index is 670+ while Seattle is 2mm and a crime index of 390. I'll take Seattle any day!

Theft, burglary, and assualts are so common place back home that people no longer report it. In the last month alone, my mother's grill, gas can (with gas), and flower pots have been stolen by the people on the block. Did she report such petty items? No, of course not, and there are plenty of people who have experienced the same thing (neighbors have had lawnmowers, lawn furniture, and just about anything left outside stolen) and they aren't going to report it. It is just so common, and we are only talking about the little things. Teenagers still drive up and down blocks damaging cars for fun (one summer included spraying acid on high end cars) and there are high levels of prostitution and drugs in the historic part of town. It isn't unusual to be sitting in your living room and hear gunshots being fired as the town has a heavy presence of Gangsta Disciples, Latin Kings, and Crips.

Everyone in the region knows about Danville, and avoids it. It is a real shame since it is the hometown of Gene Hackman, the Van Dyke brothers, Donald O'Connell, Bobby Short, and Helen Morgan.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 AM

620 posts, read 1,301,044 times
That should have been 600K for Seattle. Two million is the metro region.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:10 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,564,228 times
And here comes another shooting in the ghetto of the north.
Two dead, 3 wounded in northeast Seattle shooting, suspect at large | KING5.com Seattle
Quote:
Police are searching for a gunman who ran away from the scene of a shooting that left two people dead and three more seriously wounded Wednesday morning.
It happened about 11 a.m. at Café Racer in the 5800 block of Roosevelt Way NE, just north of the University District.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 PM

510 posts, read 889,531 times
There was also a lady that was carjacked in W Seattle and killed, around the same time as the Cafe shooting.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:06 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,879,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
I guess I should mention to you guys--I only showed you st. Louis because I grew up in that area, I didn't just pull a random dirty city out of a hat but Seattle should never compete with STL and probably won't.
Honestly your line of thinking is just as annoying as those who are up in histrionics about the crime here.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 PM

807 posts, read 2,259,111 times
Belltown is starting to look really safe these days. What the hell is going on with the city this year?

Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
I can't believe people are finally waking up to the fact that seattle is the violent ghetto of the north.

nicely said!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:42 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlw2009 View Post
You don't (at least not yet and hopefully never) know what bad is.

St. Louis Sports, News, Jobs, Classifieds, Entertainment & Weather

There are 6, count them, 6 shootings/murders listed on the front page, today alone!

I am shocked and saddened to hear about these shootings in Seattle, but just remember...it can still be a lot worse.

Enter St. Louis MO:

Man wounded in downtown shooting

Drive-by shooting leaves man hospitalized

Shooting in Gravois Park leaves teen in critical

Teenager found shot dead in Walnut Park West

Stabbing leaves man in critical condition

Florissant police officer out of surgery after shooting

Here is to Seattle's health and hoping Seattle never ever ever trades places with good ol saint louie.

today's Seattle times ...

2 killed, 3 wounded in daytime shooting at UW...

Woman carjacked at gunpoint downtown.....EDIT: she died from gunshot wounds

A short time later authorities responded to another shooting downtown

Last week a man was fatally shot by a stray bullet while he and his family drove down a Seattle street. Justin Ferrari, 43, a software developer, was killed when a stranger started shooting Thursday afternoon in Seattle's Central Area. Seattle police say the gunman's intended target was another person involved in a dispute with the gunman.

Ferrari's death was the second random killing in Seattle in about a month. In late April, a 21-year-old woman who recently moved to Seattle from Albuquerque, N.M., to pursue her dream of becoming a chef died of injuries suffered in an apparently random drive-by shooting near downtown. No arrests have been made in either incident.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 PM

710 posts, read 1,398,374 times
Yeah, with today's shootings, I feel like I've unfortunately brought a little bit of Houston with me. Le sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area