Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordNativenowSeattle View Post
Crime in Seattle? I will say this Seattle Wa AKA King County has Great Hunters... Let me explain; there are people who love, and truly get there rocks off on hunting other people. ie Gary Ridge Way; Ted Bundy ect. Now not to get anyone's hairs into a bunch. There is a pending crime wave; coming straight out of Kent.

I worked for Comcast door to door sales for two years in the last 3. I can tell you with out a shadow of a doubt the crime is going to get a little more Rocky before it gets better. What the economic crash did to some people. Wiped out a majority of Kent's less desirable s ie they fell into a Depression. Year after year the crime rate in Kent rises. That little gang fight last year was nothing compared to the things to come. Ive been too the doors; Ive seen the desperation in those folks eyes.

Ive had people light a crack pipe while I'm there home trying to get them internet service. I for one know whats behind those doors. The biggest migration from Seattle has been going on slowly but surely. It's too Austin Tx in fact I was there 4 days ago and have seen many familiar faces... Now if your into riding out the wave that fine. The smart money knows crime will eventually spread out like a disease. If it isn't stemmed early; it becomes systemic. Just like a run a muck virus.

I for one Love Seattle and Call it home now; but I've decided to Sell and relocate like others in Texas very recently. The Service industry is being crushed; and the gas and Cost of Living is Sky high compared to here in Texas. Infact if you ask me; Austin is now Little Seattle. There isn't much difference other then the Cost of Living which is much cheaper. Plus I don't have too Work for daddy Gates or Amazon just to make 70K-80K a year. I do that from an Oilfield; though I admit I will most likely pay off my house there and rent it out. With the prices here; I don't even need a bank in a lot of areas. The damn realtors are verse in Contacts for house hehe. 40K 1800 ft^2 2bath... Well GL I promise to visit every year and I can only hope and prey the tide is stemmed before it gets out of hand.

The murders are tied to the property crimes that's where you crunch the numbers.....

Seattle206723 and I'm out hehe YouTube handle oooh Look what I said a while back about crime wave coming that way... August 2011 I did this video..

rather prescient video, I watched the whole thing. Well done.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Just read about the shooting(s) that happened today. Sounds like an unusual number of violent crimes lately. Where I'm from there are shootings all the time, usually several times per week. I'd hate to see Seattle turn into that.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:55 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,259 times
And another murder around the same time.
Quote:
A woman died after she was shot in the head Wednesday outside Town Hall in Seattle's First Hill neighborhood.
The shooting occurred at 11:33 a.m. in a parking lot near the intersection of Seneca Street and Eighth Avenue. Police and fire units rushed to the area, while other officers continued to respond to another shooting near Ravenna Park in the University District.

Read more: Woman shot in head, killed outside Seattle's Town Hall - seattlepi.com

Old 05-30-2012, 04:11 PM

251 posts, read 572,074 times
As far as people comparing Seattle to other crime ridden cities and saying "at least it's not as bad as....", just stop.

One shooting is too many, and instead of comparing Seattle to other cities, compare Seattle now to Seattle in the past.
Is it better or worse?
There's a negative trend in violent crime and it's ridiculous.
The Roosevelt shooting today was 2 miles from my daughter's school. I've never liked city living and even less so now.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Anyway, with the four murders from today, Seattle has now equaled the murder total from all of 2012 (20).

In comparison, the city of Vancouver currently has five murders.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:47 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Anyway, with the four murders from today, Seattle has now equaled the murder total from all of 2012 (20).

In comparison, the city of Vancouver currently has five murders.
Canada itself always has enjoyed a lower crime rate than America (and of course, it does has a smaller population base). And like America, it is trending down. Vancouver BC itself tends to have lower than (Canadian) average crime rates as well.

Vancouver's murder rate low by North American standards

And this particular article talks about the realities of how they handle crimes up there: The price of murder in Vancouver
I can tell you right now... there would be a public outrage if we were paying that much money despite the closure it would bring.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:50 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,562,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
You mean to say 2011?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Canada itself always has enjoyed a lower crime rate than America (and of course, it does has a smaller population base). And like America, it is trending down. Vancouver BC itself tends to have lower than (Canadian) average crime rates as well.

Vancouver's murder rate low by North American standards

And this particular article talks about the realities of how they handle crimes up there: The price of murder in Vancouver
I can tell you right now... there would be a public outrage if we were paying that much money despite the closure it would bring.
is he talking about Canada or WA?

And lets not forget several years back when Vancouver BC had a huge surge in daylight shootings including the murder of a young mother with her child in the backseat by gang members. Canada is not immune to gun violence either.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 PM

510 posts, read 889,029 times
This link shows crime in such a way that you can narrow it down to what you consider bad/really bad and where. It is based off of 911 calls.
Seattle My Neighborhood Map

Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 PM

872 posts, read 2,029,605 times
Today's happenings were just unreal. Wow is all I can say. That is absolutely insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area