Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:35 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Google up what I said... and print yourself a copy.. 'Public Servant Questionaire" Public Law 93-597

No make that no less than 6 copies. Place yourself in controll.

The Govt by the CONS is here to serve the people and I am one of the people. It is me who has the controll not the Govt. Take your share, that's what the taking is.

If we choose to disagree then what will you do when the govt or an agent of the govt comes? Give them all you have and then what?

We are in a deep mess and all the Govt can think is to raise bdammed taxes and that income tax was never ever even ratified. The IRS has no grounds what so ever. I buy, well I pay into that, I pay every other tax, but I am getting sick of it, and my means are megar at best.

I can't afford a runaway Govt for which I get almost nothing. This govt spends as if they were Bevery Hills house wives!

And then they can just come to a home/farm and take what they want? Hell that's what criminals do.

I have my line. If the 'Public Servant Questionaire" Public Law 93-597 doesn't stop them nothing else will except the fear of death itself. I know all about that fear, and trust me no one wants to be first.

You google that form on the pdf and print many.... Lets see if that don't get you grinnin'.

If it doesn't then answer the questions in a dm to me. LOL

On edit: Further more I will have plenty of warning. My little patch only is known and proven to feed 3 for a year, harvest to harvest as planned. I won't be in the first million farms raided.

Please note the Govt has been and still is buying up de-hyrated foods, trail mix and everyting else, and it shows me what's up. While I don't know what last straw will break the camels back I know that last straw is nearing.

Not FEMA or anyone else is coming to take here ever.

Also I am curious as to what you might think a vast force would be made of, since under the CONS the military can not be used against the people. They can not demand housing or support of the people.

What you are telling me to worry about it illegal, and if the Govt commits illegal acts against trhe people i have every ri9ght to fight the Govt back, and take it if i can.

See the Declaration of Independance.

If it is some FEMA fat office clerks and a few of their fat body guards then I have 0 problem. The last fed I ran across here was a IRS agent and he drove a M Benz. That didn't set very well with me. Just drove in as if he owned the place, and was sent down the road with the stern message ringing in his ears to call and make an appointment just like everyone else.

I have set 2 different cops packing off here too. They don't seem to like me much when I am holding the 12 ga before they even get a chance to speak.

One of the times it was the wrong house, and the other I just came home from hunting birds. That time they wanted to know if I owned a certain dog.

With Fema I don't have to hurt anyone, I just have to threaten the leader and the rest will fall in and salute me. The leader gets that paper, and a stern warning to make a an appointment just like everyone else.

It will be Fema who decides if things get violent not me.
You continue to miss my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 06:46 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
THat is why you have several baskets.

Better one empty (That you can refill in the dark) than to have your one basket empty and broken.

As to the Chip.... it's obvious and you admit to it ("Abrasive" etc.)
If you waltz with a woman and step on her toes enough, she will become abrasive.

If you stash stuff and the Govt has wanted it illegally you will be busted. At that point guilt may take over and your tuen will changed. I see my way as the legal way, telling it like it is up front face to face.

If then the Govt wants to waltz with me things could get dicey. It depends on who is most legal. I am a man of the LAW, meaning i will take to and adhear to the law and not a law made up as needed on the occasion.

A long time belief of mine is that the Govt wants 2 kinds of people. They want felony criminals and govt employee's, both easy to controll.

I have no intentions of being either one. The ammusing part of that is the Govt is made of of both. It's almost as if you must forst be a convicted felon to get a govt job at the highest levels.

I do not admire that a bit.

It isn't possible it is that I am the last American with ideals based on Freedom, honor, ethics, and morals is it? I hope not.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:58 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,130,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
If you waltz with a woman and step on her toes enough, she will become abrasive.

If you stash stuff and the Govt has wanted it illegally you will be busted. At that point guilt may take over and your tuen will changed. I see my way as the legal way, telling it like it is up front face to face.

If then the Govt wants to waltz with me things could get dicey. It depends on who is most legal. I am a man of the LAW, meaning i will take to and adhear to the law and not a law made up as needed on the occasion.

A long time belief of mine is that the Govt wants 2 kinds of people. They want felony criminals and govt employee's, both easy to controll.

I have no intentions of being either one. The ammusing part of that is the Govt is made of of both. It's almost as if you must forst be a convicted felon to get a govt job at the highest levels.

I do not admire that a bit.

It isn't possible it is that I am the last American with ideals based on Freedom, honor, ethics, and morals is it? I hope not.

I'm safe then, I don't dance.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I'm safe then, I don't dance.
Chicken

.................................................. ..................
For anyone that thinks papers may protect them against the govt, Well, why the Govt created the very such papers.

I would post a link, but then, all I would hear is I created a BS document, so it's best to google this up and print copies to have on hand.

The elite govt workers are not going to like filling this form out. Most will take it as beneath teir dignity, after all they believe themselves to be elite.
'Public Servant Questionaire" Public Law 93-597

I added the quore marks. I can be reasonable after all. I do belive in the CONS, Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independance.

No where in any of these documents does it state the Govt, any Govt has the authority to come STEAL FOODS.
In my debate, they are not arguments, the fact has always been some one has to be first to draw a line in the sand. If we never did the USA would still be under British Rule. I come from the rough area where that started, so perhaps this idea is ingrained in me more, or that I have been pushed one time to far.

I saw what has come, as of Oct 04, and I didn't go looking for a better place to be and fiond one, so thereafter what i did was create a way to have foods I KNOW where they came from, and I know what chems (almost none) are in them.

To me it is important to know no hormones of any kind are in the water, and no poisions are in the food, and I don't use mirical grow or weed killers. I compost the blasted weeds too.

One reason I feel threatend is each harvest season Govt choppers fly right over my garden. The sorta park up there takings infra-red pics probably. Then articals by the Govt, (FEMA) in this case tend to set me off, and last ear at this time under the Obama Admin, there was talk of OUTLAWING little gardens like mine completely. I just figure the Govt hasn't the man power to enforce such a fools work.

So far as I am concerned this current Admin is illegal.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Mac, given your albilities to forage I thought guerrilla gardening might have some appeal for you near your other camp sites and where you sugar.

I recall the discussion about outlawing/confiscation of gardens for hobby farmers. I read this as more of an attempt to do away with unorganized farmers markets and roadside produce stands. I'd have to re-read the most recent food act that was passed in 2010 again to see if it applied to backyard gardens for home use rather than profit. Regardless, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

More here in audio is anyone is interested: http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/gu...g-for-survival

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 05-23-2011 at 10:57 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 07:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Mac, given your albilities to forage I thought guerrilla gardening might have some appeal for you near your other camp sites and where you sugar.

I recall the discussion about outlawing/confiscation of gardens for hobby farmers. I read this as more of an attempt to do away with unorganized farmers markets and roadside produce stands. I'd have to re-read the most recent food act that was passed in 2010 again to see if it applied to backyard gardens for home use rather than profit. Regardless, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

More here in audio is anyone is interested: Guerrilla Gardeing for Survival | The Survival Podcast
Regarding the food act..Vislack got an exemption for small holders selling less than $500K per year. Although I wouldn't consider $500K exactly "small" but it is what it is.

Food safety bill passes with exemption for small farms | Ground Level | Minnesota Public Radio

Old 05-24-2011, 08:06 AM

I don't need mountian gardens, as I can forage as I please 9 months of the year. The 12 camps are just places up high where water is, and I stored items in ammo boxes well hidden. The boxes contain the same things pretty much, a few MRE's sewwing kits, wire, assorted small tools, .22's and 12ga shells.

These boxes are just redunancy, and if a few were to go missing it's no big deal. Each setting is far enough that I could spend a month in each one, leave not much trace anyone was there and more on to the next. Since there is 12 months in a year, I can stay out that long and not wipe out any one setting, and start all over for year 2 if I wish.

I don't really need that either.

A real garden as i labor at here, is just a luxury, filled with fussy little plants that wouldn't be here at all with out fussing. I use bic lighters too, but I sure don't have too.

I just don't like words as confiscate, exemption, and other paper work hassels. Not when I get no help and I have never once asked for, or recieved any help no matter how bad things got.

I don't want any help, but I also don't want man and his silly rules to be a bother to me.

I figure if I grow or create something, then I get to decide what to do with it, not some suit with soft hands and a fat gut.

I guess some people have the idea I have 'means' that I don't. I don't own much, certainly not this place i rent. I don't have any other places to go and I can't afford any other places to go.

Living off the land is in the forests and I don't own them either, just all my mountains.

All that means is I spend a lot of time thinking in the mt's, sometimes hunting game, sometimes hunting old logging camp trash heaps for resources that float my stick.

Over years of hunting I can tell when another man is near before I can see him. I can use that myself to assist in hunting game, or I can let him pass as I please with out him knowing I was there.

Leaving 'sign' as a garden or a camp with trails isn't my style. There is a big difference in a boot made trail from a deer made trail, and in mocs I make more of a deer made trail.

Tossing up a wikiup is no big deal either, so knocking it back down just leaves a place as it was pretty much. Bury the fire pit, and brush it out leaves almost no sign in 2 days.....

Moderns go around just about carving a sign Gumba was HERE Right HERE, and you can follow a litter trail right into his camp.

Doing the Buck Skinner things, and the 1750 / 1760 war games a long time I learned to not bother to carry food and very little water. I just trek around in either and eat as I go. All that is, is keeping an eye on what there is to eat, and eatting right there raw. I get water the same way, and maybe stop to make tea. I may carry items like sugar rock from the maple, but a hand full of those is good for 10+ days. I also carry salt and pepper in cow horns, cut down pretty small and seals on the side ends with local woods, mostly a swamp cherry wood because I like the red glow in the wood. Cow horn was the plastic of the 18th and 19th century.

Being light to me is important. I can beat the hell out of say SWAT, since they carry too much junk, and since it's all black junk, they loose time finding gear, and doing other wastefull things like carry too much junk.

Same thing goes for the Army and National Guard. My kid is humping so much junk around his knees will be blown out, his hips will be blown out and his lower back is already trashed. Modern tech has a ong way to go in terms of light weight IMO.

The Govt loads these guys up with over 100 pounds to as much as 180 pounds of pure junk. They can't move fast with that stuff. The point is chasing me around is a stupid thing to do with that kind of junk. There is a Freedom in that......

I used to play that game too, with the Forest Service Police. I would camp in a high use restricted area to see if they could find me, and they looked.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:18 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,276,819 times
Default Katrina survivor

I went thru Katrina in a small town on the opposite side of the lake from New Orleans. The area south of us flooded. We had some retired military people in town who organized us into a militia.

Couldn't say for certain if they were looters, but we had people turn back after they saw us patrolling. We also had some people show up and ask us where the refugee center was. We referred them to the nearest medium size town since we didn't have a center.

FEMA refused to come into our neighborhood when they saw the guns. We were reported to the local police (I guess by FEMA). Nothing came of it. By the time the police could handle such things, the guns had been put away and the worst of the crisis was over.

Nearly everyone had supplies. We did band together to obtain extra water and ice. The people with the most economical cars got the gas and went for supplies.

Our biggest problem was getting rid of human waste. Garbage we burned.

Following this, we did make a few changes. We needed more 'treats'. We now have a supply of hard candies. Although not absolutely necessary to live, the treats were something to look forward to.

Also, we will store more gas this hurricane season. We remembered to buy extra chains for the chain saws, but we ran out of gas. This was our first experience with cutting trees apart to clear a road. It takes a lot of gas!

Lastly, we bought some more solar powered landscape lights (the kind you stick in the ground). After Katrina, the houses were dark, the streets were dark, but these lights were still going! We took the lights indoors and used them to light rooms.

I do worry what would happen if another Katrina comes. The military took over just in time. They were very efficient at distributing supplies and keeping order.

FEMA was usless. Some of the people couldn't even read a map. I don't doubt that they could get local people to help them confiscate anything the government felt it needed to take. We heard a lot about the needs of the city people. I believe any part the government, not just FEMA, wouldn't hesitate to loot businesses, farms, etc and justify it later.

Katrina taught me to distrust the government, and to trust my neighbors.

Last edited by Countrysue; 05-29-2011 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-29-2011, 03:44 PM

Nice report from a first hand point of view.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Regarding the food act..Vislack got an exemption for small holders selling less than $500K per year. Although I wouldn't consider $500K exactly "small" but it is what it is.

Food safety bill passes with exemption for small farms | Ground Level | Minnesota Public Radio
That would cover most family farmers in my part of the country. Thanks for that info. .

Countrysue, that is good info. Thank you for sharing your experience. Great use of the solar landscaping lights and bringing them inside at night was smart as not to attract attention while providing interior light too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness