Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 12:06 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,039,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
This is not a forum for intellectuals, metros, soy boys, pajama boys, or mall ninjas. Among the older crowd here, you'd be hard pressed to find one that does not own firearms, and multiples. It is understood among us that trespassers and ppl who can't read signs WILL be dealt with. Many of us have signs to that effect on our properties. We are farmers, ranchers, veterans, businessmen. Just because you "haven't read any posts here" on the subject, do not assume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2020, 12:30 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,528,669 times
Quote:
This is not a forum for intellectuals...
So, by your own admission, the folks on this forum are unlearned, ignorant, non-critical thinkers? You don't use your brain and mind?

Is that what you're say? Please clarify what you mean by not being intellectual?

Old 03-22-2020, 01:15 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,599,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
So I was thinking maybe it is Katy bar the door time. The flu can be very serious to us older folks. I have locked my gates to the farm. I have posted No Trespassing signs. I do live out in the country so it is a good place to make a stand. Lots of clean fresh air. I have done a lot of work in the gardens already, who knows how bad this pandemic will get. The pantry is fully stocked, the powder is high and dry.

The reaction to the pandemic looks like it may be just as destructive as getting the flu itself. In my life I have never seen entire states shut down. I do not agree with that. Sounds like government over-reach to me. I am so glad I live in a good state for firearms, God bless Missouri.

So in my humble opinion, yes it is KATY BAR THE DOOR TIME. Release the hounds, shoot all trespassers, all hands on deck. We will be in a better place come fall time, until then keep your head down and your eyes open. This is real folks, very real.

I am ready.
Jesus Christ you can’t just go around shooting people. What utter bs idiotic thinking. We’re still a country with laws.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:36 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,064,235 times
Quote:
This is not a forum for intellectuals, metros, soy boys, pajama boys, or mall ninjas. Among the older crowd here, you'd be hard pressed to find one that does not own firearms, and multiples.
Nor'Eastah, It is posts like this that foster clique-eshness, and a sense of a group of "regulars" dominating/controlling a forum. Many people have given up their C-D profiles and left Dodge due to not feeling/being welcome in a forum(s). Lurkers trying to build courage to finally jump in and post continue to remain indefinitely silent due to posts and attitudes like this.

Additionally, you have self appointed yourself as judge/jury/executioner/gatekeeper of who and who should not be welcome here.

Many people who live in more urban areas have a variety of useful skills that apply on this forum. They may be unable to harbor the tools/weaponry you or others have due to the restrictive laws of denser population and they survive/cope in an environment you may be unfamiliar/inexperienced in.

Iv'e actually brought this behavior to your attention in a post awhile back. I honestly do not think it is healthy for the forum...

Old 03-22-2020, 07:00 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,965,273 times
Quote:
OP here, I take offense to having my post moved, this was advice for other retired folks so I posted it in the retirement forum. What a bunch of chicken livers, I may not shoot a trespasser if just walks on my property I may just fire a warning shot. I am a old retired person who is just taking care of his own. Just because you believe the nonsense on tv does not mean that I do. It could go either way at this point.

These are rough times folks you better be prepared to do what it takes to protect your own. All my neighbors feel the same way I do, I would not shoot my neighbor if he was on my property. But if I do not know you or better yet if my one of my many big scary dogs does not know you, well lets just say I will not have to shoot you as my dogs will be fighting over your behind for a snack. We are prepared to protect ourselves out here in the country. Maybe you city folk or pretend rural folk better just shelter in place and listen to the tv. Oh yeah and stay off my property.

LOL - I got in my first shoot out when I was 15 with a crazy old farmer. My friend and I cut across his land where there was about a half mile curve in the road. We stopped part way and got some chicken legs we had in a pack and were eating them sitting on a tree. Crazy old coot yelled at us from about 200 yards off and fired a shotgun at us. We could hear the shot in the leaves. I had a .38 and popped a couple rounds back in his direction, and we took off like our pants were on fire!

Nowadays I'm a much better shot, so if you shoot at someone be sure they won't shoot back!

Old 03-22-2020, 08:14 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,599,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
LOL - I got in my first shoot out when I was 15 with a crazy old farmer. My friend and I cut across his land where there was about a half mile curve in the road. We stopped part way and got some chicken legs we had in a pack and were eating them sitting on a tree. Crazy old coot yelled at us from about 200 yards off and fired a shotgun at us. We could hear the shot in the leaves. I had a .38 and popped a couple rounds back in his direction, and we took off like our pants were on fire!

Nowadays I'm a much better shot, so if you shoot at someone be sure they won't shoot back!
You were shooting at a guy 200 yards away with a 38?

Old 03-22-2020, 08:28 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,801,542 times
200 yards with a shotgun, 200 yards with a .38; just a friendly conversation if you both hold off a bit...

Old 03-22-2020, 09:01 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,501,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Nor'Eastah, It is posts like this that foster clique-eshness, and a sense of a group of "regulars" dominating/controlling a forum. Many people have given up their C-D profiles and left Dodge due to not feeling/being welcome in a forum(s). Lurkers trying to build courage to finally jump in and post continue to remain indefinitely silent due to posts and attitudes like this.

Additionally, you have self appointed yourself as judge/jury/executioner/gatekeeper of who and who should not be welcome here.
I see you have not been paying attention. I actually announced my 'retirement' from this sub- forum a couple of years back. I had a lot of projects to complete, and got right to work on them. Once in awhile I stop in to read, don't respond much, but for sure I do not dominate anything here.

Any lurkers who give up on CD don't do so because of me. If they are so fearful of posting that they give up, perhaps they should look for a different forum. Any board on CD will have regulars and cliques - just look around. There are places here than I will not tread!

I have not appointed myself as anything. But maybe I should be flattered! If I have been gone this long and still seem a fixture in your mind, could I be a CD legend?? Haha, that's funny!

Old 03-22-2020, 09:11 PM

19,827 posts, read 22,734,712 times
Quote:
So in my humble opinion, yes it is KATY BAR THE DOOR TIME. Release the hounds, shoot all trespassers, all hands on deck. We will be in a better place come fall time, until then keep your head down and your eyes open. This is real folks, very real.

I am ready.
Missouri Revisor of Statutes - Revised Statutes of Missouri, RSMo Section 563.031

Quote:

563.031. Use of force in defense of persons. — 1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subsection 2 of this section, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he or she reasonably believes such force to be necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful force by such other person, unless:

  (1) The actor was the initial aggressor; except that in such case his or her use of force is nevertheless justifiable provided:

  (a) He or she has withdrawn from the encounter and effectively communicated such withdrawal to such other person but the latter persists in continuing the incident by the use or threatened use of unlawful force; or

  (b) He or she is a law enforcement officer and as such is an aggressor pursuant to section 563.046; or

  (c) The aggressor is justified under some other provision of this chapter or other provision of law;

  (2) Under the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be, the person whom he or she seeks to protect would not be justified in using such protective force;

  (3) The actor was attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of a forcible felony.

  2. A person shall not use deadly force upon another person under the circumstances specified in subsection 1 of this section unless:

  (1) He or she reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself, or herself or her unborn child, or another against death, serious physical injury, or any forcible felony;

  (2) Such force is used against a person who unlawfully enters, remains after unlawfully entering, or attempts to unlawfully enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle lawfully occupied by such person; or

  (3) Such force is used against a person who unlawfully enters, remains after unlawfully entering, or attempts to unlawfully enter private property that is owned or leased by an individual, or is occupied by an individual who has been given specific authority by the property owner to occupy the property, claiming a justification of using protective force under this section.

  3. A person does not have a duty to retreat:

  (1) From a dwelling, residence, or vehicle where the person is not unlawfully entering or unlawfully remaining;

  (2) From private property that is owned or leased by such individual; or

  (3) If the person is in any other location such person has the right to be.

  4. The justification afforded by this section extends to the use of physical restraint as protective force provided that the actor takes all reasonable measures to terminate the restraint as soon as it is reasonable to do so.

  5. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue of justification under this section. If a defendant asserts that his or her use of force is described under subdivision (2) of subsection 2 of this section, the burden shall then be on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did not reasonably believe that the use of such force was necessary to defend against what he or she reasonably believed was the use or imminent use of unlawful force.
Good luck shooting someone who merely trespasses on ground. Let us know how that works out for you in court.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:35 AM

305 posts, read 242,007 times
Default ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha

Good luck shooting someone who merely trespasses on ground. Let us know how that works out for you in court.[/quote]

Court you have got to be kidding me, no-one is going to court around here in this neck of the woods, besides it is better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6. (or fed to the hogs)

You are right I would not shoot a trespasser for just trespassing. The trespasser would have to be threatening me. So I will keep a close eye on that. Things are different out here in the country it would be wise for you city folk to remember that.

So for all you folks that do not think its KATY BAR THE DOOR TIME, I feel sorry for you. Just keep watching the tv and believe the nightly news. I will just keep doing what I do. Oh yeah, stay off my property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness