Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 02:28 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’m not stupid, I needed it in two days, of course I picked an item that said “guaranteed delivery Saturday Nov 10th if you order by...”. I ordered well in advance of that time, and both agents acknowledged it was late. The first one told me it was UPS fault, then UPS told me Amazon mid/shipped it, then the second agent confirmed that.
Are you ever going to make the mistake again, of counting on them to come through on time, when it's really important?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 05:50 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
my husband and I are Prime Members because I am a student and for the most part we get everything within two business days, and typically when we order it, it is shipped within two days of when we order it. we've had difficulties with some packages but we've either gotten a refund on the products or they've extended our Prime for another month. we're happy with Amazon Prime. I can even rent some of my school books which is cool. With Prime, you get your order shipped within two days whereas without prime you get it within 5-10 business days and the shipper doesn't care how you get the order.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:52 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
that entire chat log was a fiasco!

What a bunch of cookie cutter responses delivered to you...sad really.

I cannot justify getting in a dander when its logistics of delivery....

We recently incurred a storm....and packages were halted for the safety of the drivers. Did I chose that Guarantee as the hill I wanted to die on? Nah. Life and the planning are open to change.

Plan and prepare....
Weather is different. It didn’t start out anything more than a complaint, but as it went on and I couldn’t get an answer about what the guarantee was, it became more about wanting an answer to that for the principle of it.Not the first time I’ve gotten late things but the first time I complained about it and tested the “guarantee”.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Are you ever going to make the mistake again, of counting on them to come through on time, when it's really important?
Probably, lol, because I’m sure there will be other occasions where I go “oh crap, so and sos birthday is Sunday!”.

As an aside, I have had prime for years and I can’t believe I’m apparently the only person who doesn’t know you can get free months, LOL. Do you ask or do they just offer in the course of resolving a dispute?

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 11-17-2018 at 07:01 AM..

Old 11-17-2018, 07:22 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.
I don't either. It is such a rip-off. Many other companies offer free shipping without any membership fee, and there are many strings attached to their supposed free shipping: Add-On Item Program, Prime Pantry, no 3rd party sellers are included, and the 3rd party sellers are usually cheaper, many Prime videos are not included with the membership, etc.

And the more powerful Amazon gets, the more they swallow the competition. But people buy it anyway. A lot of sellers on Ebay are actually Amazon sellers in disguise who will send you the item in two days for free, no Amazon membership required. I got many items in two days with free shipping in Amazon boxes that I ordered on Ebay without knowing they were Amazon sellers as well.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:50 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

And the more powerful Amazon gets, the more they swallow the competition. But people buy it anyway. A lot of sellers on Ebay are actually Amazon sellers in disguise who will send you the item in two days for free, no Amazon membership required. I got many items in two days with free shipping in Amazon boxes that I ordered on Ebay without knowing they were Amazon sellers as well.
That is against Amazon Prime policy; those sellers are illegally using their Amazon Prime accounts to drop-ship to customers.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:00 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
I don't either. It is such a rip-off. Many other companies offer free shipping without any membership fee, and there are many strings attached to their supposed free shipping: Add-On Item Program, Prime Pantry, no 3rd party sellers are included, and the 3rd party sellers are usually cheaper, many Prime videos are not included with the membership, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
That is against Amazon Prime policy; those sellers are illegally using their Amazon Prime accounts to drop-ship to customers.
Wow. I didn't know that. I understand why they do it though. Amazon is the only company that directly competes against its own sellers, and with so many people being Prime customers, Prime customers automatically eliminate 3rd party sellers from consideration, leaving 3rd party sellers with much less business than Fulfilled by Amazon sellers. It's a very unfair policy, IMO. Additionally, Amazon takes a big cut from 3rd party sellers even when they successfully make a sale. But that's how Amazon operates and these 3rd party sellers should follow the rules as other sellers do.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Wow. I didn't know that. I understand why they do it though. Amazon is the only company that directly competes against its own sellers, and with so many people being Prime customers, Prime customers automatically eliminate 3rd party sellers from consideration, leaving 3rd party sellers with much less business than Fulfilled by Amazon sellers. It's a very unfair policy, IMO. Additionally, Amazon takes a big cut from 3rd party sellers even when they successfully make a sale. But that's how Amazon operates and these 3rd party sellers should follow the rules as other sellers do.
I just want to say I don’t think they’re the only one. There are third party sellers on Walmart.com too, and their goods are not included in Walmarts free shipping.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:02 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
Quote:
I think you are confusing Fulfillment by Amazon with Arbitrage. Fulfillment by Amazon is a service used by Amazon sellers that items are stored and shipped from Amazon fulfillment centers. This is not against Amazon policy. However, using an Amazon Prime buyer account to drop-ship to other websites (aka Arbitrage) is against Amazon policy. One sign of this is if your item includes a gift receipt.

Note that some eBay sellers use Fulfillment by Amazon using Multi-Channel Fulfillment, but those who actually use that service and not use Arbitrage do not get two-day shipping.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 11-17-2018 at 09:15 AM..

Old 11-17-2018, 09:25 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I just can't understand why someone would pay for Prime - in all the yrs. I've ordered things (granted not daily like some apparently) - I get things 99% of the time with a couple days.
Prices are somewhat lower with Prime. Plus Prime movies etc are free...

I don't have the trouble some of you have, in fact some of my orders are delivered earlier...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products