Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 09:35 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times

Advertisements

The best way to get back at Amazon is to cancel your Prime membership. To me, paying $120 a year for that membership is not even close to being worth it. Getting a 10% discount at Wholefoods means you pay the regular price everywhere else. Their shows, well I can find other ways of watching them. And their 2 day "guarantee" delivery, well I can wait or bundle to get the free shipping. For the few few times I could have used Prime the $120 was not justifiable. Save your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 10:56 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
That is against Amazon Prime policy; those sellers are illegally using their Amazon Prime accounts to drop-ship to customers.
Tell Amazon it is illegal, because they are promoting it.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:22 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Prices are somewhat lower with Prime. Plus Prime movies etc are free...

I don't have the trouble some of you have, in fact some of my orders are delivered earlier...
I think it’s the opposite. Most Prime items are more that I see. I always just accepted the shipping really isn’t “free” because of that.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:25 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As you can see by the transcript below.
Have you watched the movie, "Outsourced"? That transcript immediately reminded me of that movie.
Their responses are programed. Ugh--sad we have come to this in our society.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
OMG. NO Prime member pays for shipping, yet Prime items for Prime members only say “Guaranteed “ delivery in two days. So again, if iit refers to shipping fees being refunded, yet Prime members don’t pay shipping fees, then I am right, there is no guarantee in reality, they don’t stand behind the words at all.Good grief you are making my point for me and you don’t even see it.
That is what the Indian CSR tried to explain to you. You need to read the Terms and Conditions on what you buy. If you paid for delivery, you will get that delivery charge back. Since you didn't pay anything for delivery, you are obviously not entitled to get back what you didn't pay for.

Quote:
Guaranteed Delivery Terms and Conditions

If we provide a guaranteed delivery date on the checkout page, your shipping fees may be refunded if we miss our promised delivery date.
Amazon.com Help_ Guaranteed Delivery Terms and Conditions

Old 11-17-2018, 11:29 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Tell Amazon it is illegal, because they are promoting it.
This is something completely different. FBA is a service for Amazon sellers that have their items stored and shipped from Amazon fulfillment centers for sale on Amazon. Amazon also offers FBA for selling on channels outside of Amazon (known as Multi-Channel Fulfillment), but the two-day shipping benefit doesn't extend to websites outside Amazon.

Arbitrage, on the other hand is where an eBay seller uses their Amazon buyer account to purchase an item on Amazon and sell and drop ship it for a higher price on eBay. Using a Prime account for this purpose is prohibited. A sign that arbitrage was used for your eBay purchase if shipped from Amazon is if it includes a gift receipt.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 11-17-2018 at 11:47 AM..

Old 11-17-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Have you watched the movie, "Outsourced"? That transcript immediately reminded me of that movie.
Their responses are programed. Ugh--sad we have come to this in our society.
I know, I bet they have training course in India, The Philippines etc in how to do that!

Old 11-17-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That is what the Indian CSR tried to explain to you. You need to read the Terms and Conditions on what you buy. If you paid for delivery, you will get that delivery charge back. Since you didn't pay anything for delivery, you are obviously not entitled to get back what you didn't pay for.

Amazon.com Help_ Guaranteed Delivery Terms and Conditions
You are missing the point. No prime member pays shipping fees. So if the prime 2-day guarantee that applies ONLY to prime members, is that shipping fees are refunded, but in fact there are never shipping fees with Prime, then it is a sham and there is in fact nothing behind the Prime member 2-day guarantee. That is my point.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
You are missing the point. No prime member pays shipping fees. So if the prime 2-day guarantee that applies ONLY to prime members, is that shipping fees are refunded, but in fact there are never shipping fees with Prime, then it is a sham and there is in fact nothing behind the Prime member 2-day guarantee. That is my point.
As has been pointed out, Amazon Prime does have delivery rates. And for your info, non-Prime customers also get free delivery. So that has nothing to do with it either. If you pay a delivery fee, it can be refunded. If you don't pay, it can't be refunded.

Amazon.com Help_ Same-Day Delivery Rates

Old 11-17-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
This is something completely different. FBA is a service for Amazon sellers that have their items stored and shipped from Amazon fulfillment centers for sale on Amazon. Amazon also offers FBA for selling on channels outside of Amazon (known as Multi-Channel Fulfillment), but the two-day shipping benefit doesn't extend to websites outside Amazon.

Arbitrage, on the other hand is where an eBay seller uses their Amazon buyer account to purchase an item on Amazon and sell and drop ship it for a higher price on eBay. Using a Prime account for this purpose is prohibited. A sign that arbitrage was used for your eBay purchase if shipped from Amazon is if it includes a gift receipt.
It's an Amazon Prime service. You said it can't be done, but it is being done, and it is being promoted by Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products