Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 01:03 PM

50,808 posts, read 36,501,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
As has been pointed out, Amazon Prime does have delivery rates. And for your info, non-Prime customers also get free delivery. So that has nothing to do with it either. If you pay a delivery fee, it can be refunded. If you don't pay, it can't be refunded.

Amazon.com Help_ Same-Day Delivery Rates
Prime does not ever have shipping fees for two day delivery and the Prime 2 day guarantee is not the one being linked here, it is for Prime members only. You wouldn’t even see the two day delivery guarantee if you pull the item up and you dont have Prime. I dont know how else to drive it home but you’re just not correct.

The free shipping with $25 that non-Prime members get does not come with guaranteed 2 day delivery or any guaranteed delivery time. That is for Prime only, and again, never has shipping fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 01:14 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
I want you to understand something - shipping is "FREE" because YOU aren't paying UPS and don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to whether or not they honor the advertised shipping. It's negotiated with AMAZON as their customer (you are just the recipient of whatever they're carrying to you).

Amazon has negotiated hard with UPS to deliver MOST packages (ground) within 2 days, at a price where Amazon can absorb the shipping cost. You could buy a Rolex and while they might offer you free shipping, they're sure as day not going to offer you free 2-day air! That's around $70 for the smallest packages!

UPS Air products are the only ones that are guaranteed by UPS themselves. Other shipping methods provide a delivery WINDOW. UPS drivers drop off all of their Air deliveries first, before 10:30 AM, I believe.

At this point, you are able to work directly with Amazon to resolve your claim, and I believe fair compensation for this inconsistency in their product model is to waive that month of your Prime membership. This means the entire month of free shipping, on-demand shows, music, and e-books.

Not my fault if you don't choose to use all the above, and not Amazon's fault, either. If the Prime subscription isn't of much value to you, then I'd question why you subscribe to it in the first place.

Last edited by ddm2k; 11-17-2018 at 01:46 PM..

Old 11-17-2018, 01:22 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, they do. For me it was the principle. Stand behind what you promise. I couldn’t believe it as I asked what the guarantee was and they just danced around it. I didn’t know what it actually was but I was appalled to find it’s actually not one thing except they say sorry. And some shut up and go away “promo” money if you hammer them long enough.

What did you think the guarantee was? Isn't that something you should have asked before signing up, if it is that important to you?

What do you want the guarantee to be? What in this case would have satsified you? Anything?

One thing they cannot do is dial back time and have your package to you in 2 days.

Last edited by oceangaia; 11-17-2018 at 01:40 PM..

Old 11-17-2018, 01:56 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,134,122 times
I pay my Prime yearly so they would not refund a month of service if I had a problem.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I want you to understand something - shipping is "FREE" because YOU aren't paying UPS and don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to whether or not they honor the advertised shipping. It's negotiated with AMAZON as their customer (you are just the recipient of whatever they're carrying to you).

Amazon has negotiated hard with UPS to deliver MOST packages (ground) within 2 days, at a price where Amazon can absorb the shipping cost. You could buy a Rolex and while they might offer you free shipping, they're sure as day not going to offer you free 2-day air! That's around $70 for the smallest packages!

UPS Air products are the only ones that are guaranteed by UPS themselves. Other shipping methods provide a delivery WINDOW. UPS drivers drop off all of their Air deliveries first, before 10:30 AM, I believe.

At this point, you are able to work directly with Amazon to resolve your claim, and I believe fair compensation for this inconsistency in their product model is to waive that month of your Prime membership. This means the entire month of free shipping, on-demand shows, music, and e-books.

Not my fault if you don't choose to use all the above, and not Amazon's fault, either. If the Prime subscription isn't of much value to you, then I'd question why you subscribe to it in the first place.
My objection is purely that they use the term “guaranteed†but there is nothing behind that. I was never offered a free month, and if you read the transcript you will see regardless of how many times I asked what the guarantee meant, they wouldn’t/couldn’t answer that simple question. My objection is to false use of the word guarantee. I have never heard of any company that offers a guarantee, that can’t tell you what happens if they cant meet it.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
I pay my Prime yearly so they would not refund a month of service if I had a problem.
I pay mine yearly to, I think people were saying they extended it.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:11 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
My objection is purely that they use the term “guaranteed” but there is nothing behind that.
I get your frustration. I am sure it is in their fine print that the guaranteed is for Amazon "items", I have noticed when I order something from another seller it takes longer. I just went hunting on my account and found this:

Per Amazon Prime: "Not all shipping speeds are available for all items and all addresses."

It is a bit of false/twisted advertising.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:26 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I get your frustration. I am sure it is in their fine print that the guaranteed is for Amazon "items", I have noticed when I order something from another seller it takes longer. I just went hunting on my account and found this:

Per Amazon Prime: "Not all shipping speeds are available for all items and all addresses."

Kind of like how you can find things on Walmart.com that aren't found in ANY Walmart store. In Amazon's case, I wouldn't guarantee anything that's not shipping from my own warehouse, either.

Not only is it not practical, it's not POSSIBLE to screen these merchants and hold them to the same standards as Amazon's own in-stock items.

I wouldn't arrange my life around the shipping dates promised by any company, no matter how large or how highly recommended. If it takes me 30 minutes to get to work, I don't leave 30 minutes before I'm supposed to clock in, and write a scathing report about Norfolk Southern when a train makes me late one day.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post

Yes but the item I ordered was an Amazon Prime item and did say guaranteed delivery by Saturday as long as I ordered within 11 hours or whatever it was. I just feel like you can’t just use that word if it doesn’t mean anything. When I asked what it meant I honestly didn’t expect them to be unable to answer it I was shocked. Amazon admitted it was their error.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:23 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Never used Prime... a lot of people I know were very happy with it but now I hear grumblings.

Maybe it is better I never got involved.

Right Northern CA is inundated with smoke... worst air quality in the world this week.

N95 masks are in short supply... Amazon Prime is promising 2 day delivery... great if it really works but the Sacramento Hub is shut down due to smoke...

If it makes anyone feel better the USPS really screwed me up last year... sent 6 packages to business colleagues in Austria... paid $80 to ship ea.

What should have taken a few days took 5 weeks!!! The dumb Postal Employee... and this is not a word I use... coded each parcel for Australia instead of Austria... Austria was in block type as clear as a bell.

Those packages traveled half way around the world and the back to San Francisco to start their journey to Austria...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products