Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:11 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Anyone who thinks having dogs near open food should think about where there is smoking near open food. Dogs dont polute the food, peoples disgusting habits do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
No smoking in most public buildings here - including restaurants. But again, this post is about animals, not bratty kids or smoking or whatever.....

Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
As long as they don't bark, crap on the floor, or bite me, I don't care how many dogs are in the store.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:15 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
As long as they don't bark, crap on the floor, or bite me, I don't care how many dogs are in the store.
Do you like purchasing items rife with dog hair?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I'm a big dog lover but when I think of already too small aisles and crowded stores, can't imagine having dogs making navigating even worse.
I haven't seen any that walk single file with their owners and can only visualize a person, dog and leash inbetween making an entire aisle unpassable.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:21 AM

518 posts, read 2,532,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
i don't mind dog hair. i do not think its gonna hurt anything as long as its not in food. I do not think dogs should be allowed in grocery stores or stores that sell food, but in other stores such as a hardware store, i do not think its a big deal.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
I was grocery shopping with my youngest son about 3 months ago at Food City and while waiting for some lunch meat being sliced I noticed this women's seeing eye dog was chowing down on some corn muffins that were located on a bottom shelf in the deli, it was hysterical. I'm not sure if the women was aware of what was going on or not.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:48 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I was grocery shopping with my youngest son about 3 months ago at Food City and while waiting for some lunch meat being sliced I noticed this women's seeing eye dog was chowing down on some corn muffins that were located on a bottom shelf in the deli, it was hysterical. I'm not sure if the women was aware of what was going on or not.
Awesome !!!!!!

Good doogie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 AM

657 posts, read 1,600,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
what exactly is it about dog hair, other than the "gross" factor of the societal belief that "if i can see it, it MUST be worse"? Are there lethal pathogens? Ebola? Swine flu?

nope.

What do you know about the people who handled those items before you? what about the customer who looked at the label, or the snot-nosed kid with chicken pox that grabbed it and demanded that mommy buy it?

Sure, hair of any kind is disturbing in certain products.. but you act as though it would be a veritable "floor of the hair salon", which is about as far from the truth as it can get.. simple everyday cleaning would get rid of most stray hairs (as it does from humans as well now).

for that matter.. i'm not a dog person at all, but i don't mind, as long as the dogs are well behaved and the owner cleans up after them.. same as children.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Are you sure that was a seeing eye dog? Those dogs are always well trained and wouldn't do something like that. Are you sure the woman was even really blind? Some people do weird stuff ya know...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products