Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 AM

320 posts, read 611,006 times

Advertisements

^Nothing to do with STL. What does this have to do with STL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 05:56 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
You see a few of those flying or hanging from houses in the KC area as well. Seen them in Ohio and yes, even Connecticut as well. LOL As long as they are NOT flying at the same level as the American flag or any other national flag, then more power to them.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:13 AM

320 posts, read 611,006 times
Again, southern nationalists need to get the **** off this board. You aren't welcome here.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLviaMSP View Post
Again, southern nationalists need to get the **** off this board. You aren't welcome here.
I'm hardly a southern nationalist myself. But neither you nor I are the moderator of this board. It is up to the moderators to decide what is and is not appropriate to post on this board.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,748,863 times
I feel like the term "southern nationalist" gets thrown around very loosely around here. Seems like one poster in particular uses that term when anyone says anything that's not completely horrible about the South. A southern nationalist is someone who believes the South is currently being occupied by the US and thinks it needs to re-secede to form its own country. That is a rather extreme view that not very many people share (even in the South). Just because a person has a not-completely-negative view of the South does not make him/her a "southern nationalist."

Old 07-26-2013, 09:58 AM

506 posts, read 1,011,686 times
I've lived in both St. Louis (originally) and Memphis, and as others with the same experience said, St. Louis is definitely not a Southern city. The culture is completely different.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:56 PM

620 posts, read 1,233,221 times
Haha I didn't know being proud of being from the south makes you a southern nationalist...you learn something new every day!!!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:42 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I've found that some rural towns in MO have friendly people and others don't. To be honest I have a more favorable opinion of Lexington than the Kansas City area. Richmond, where I lived previously which is near Lexington was just as bad as Kansas City.

I've lived in ten different states over the years and in a variety of cities and towns. Some cities have been OK like Indianapolis and others like Kansas City have not. Just depends on the kind of people that live in these areas.

My initial impressions of St. Louis and its people, having only visited over the years is much better at least attitude wise than KC. I doubt I will have the trouble there that I've had in KC.
I personally don't have any problem with KC, but I do believe St. Louis is more midwestern, if that makes sense.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I don't believe in personally attacking another poster.

This is so terrible! You have to have a weapon to feel safe in St. Louis. I couldn't imagine what you go through as a individual to feel that way.
St. Louis has a very high crime rate. Some areas of the city are very unsafe and a person may have the need to defend his or herself.

Have you ever been bullied or attacked? I have. While I don't own a gun I respect the rights of those that do and understand why they own or carry them. I learned as a kid to fight back and defend myself. I used my fists and now keep a Louisville Slugger handy to use if someone tries to attack me. Just in the last few years that I lived in the KC area I had to deal with more than one threat against me and even someone that started to do a kick box routined against me during a road rage incident. Since I know how to fight I was able to block every kick and punch and the creep ran away as I was getting ready to clobber him. I could have taken him down with one punch.

Get my point? The police are NOT going to be there to defend you. They show up AFTER an incident has occurred. If you don't learn to defend yourself against thugs and bullies (that like to pick on people they perceive as weak and unable to defend themselves) you will become a victim.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
St. Louis has a very high crime rate. Some areas of the city are very unsafe and a person may have the need to defend his or herself.

Have you ever been bullied or attacked? I have. While I don't own a gun I respect the rights of those that do and understand why they own or carry them. I learned as a kid to fight back and defend myself. I used my fists and now keep a Louisville Slugger handy to use if someone tries to attack me. Just in the last few years that I lived in the KC area I had to deal with more than one threat against me and even someone that started to do a kick box routined against me during a road rage incident. Since I know how to fight I was able to block every kick and punch and the creep ran away as I was getting ready to clobber him. I could have taken him down with one punch.

Get my point? The police are NOT going to be there to defend you. They show up AFTER an incident has occurred. If you don't learn to defend yourself against thugs and bullies (that like to pick on people they perceive as weak and unable to defend themselves) you will become a victim.

I'm told crime in St. Louis is limited to the north side and black kids (unfortunately) involved in the drug trade.

Don't tell this guy:

'Senseless' shooting in Bevo area kills catering director who beat cancer : News

Or Megan Boken (CWE) or the Bosnian shopkeeper, to name a few non-black, non-gang, non-north side related victims of violent crime in the LOU the past year or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis