Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
The economy wasn't that bad three years ago when the organization promised Ballpark Village. Granted the economy is bad right now, but look at all of the time they have had to produce. Three years ago, they promised that it would be complete by the All-Star Game, all of this time and they have done absolutely nothing. So many promises and proposals, so little progress.
Exactly correct, and what I was thinking too. For a bit of time travel - the following is quite interesting reading...

Memo Re: Cardinals ballpark - St. Louis Business Journal:
Cardinals ballpark - St. Louis Business Journal:
A new ballpark: Risks and Rewards - St. Louis Business Journal:
Cardinals, state move ahead on new ballpark deal - St. Louis Business Journal:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 12:49 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,833,209 times
Is it time to rethink Ballpark Village? | Building Blocks | STLtoday (http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/building-blocks/residential-real-estate/2010/04/is-it-time-to-rethink-ballpark-village/ - broken link)

What Does It Take To Get A Village? - KMOX.com (http://www.kmox.com/What-does-it-take-to-get-a-Village-/6783628 - broken link)

Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
It's finally happening! There is a ground breaking ceremony this morning!

Ballpark Village groundbreaking set for Friday : Stltoday

Check out the awesome artist renderings of what this place is going to look like. It's going to be very cool.

Busch Stadium Ballpark Village Information | cardinals.com: Ballpark

I almost want to skip the 2013 season just to get to 2014.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM

136 posts, read 265,197 times
There is a lot of things I hate about the new ballpark village, but the one thing that pisses me off the most is the abundant parking included in the plan. There is plenty of parking to the South, West and East of the stadium not to metion a metrolink station right across the street. Downtown does not need anymore parking!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:31 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,749,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwood89 View Post
There is a lot of things I hate about the new ballpark village, but the one thing that pisses me off the most is the abundant parking included in the plan. There is plenty of parking to the South, West and East of the stadium not to metion a metrolink station right across the street. Downtown does not need anymore parking!
NO. Downtown is a sea of parking. There's more parking down there than we could ever possibly use, yet people complain that there's "nowhere to park" and we keep building more. I think it stems from the mistaken belief that parking should be (a) free, and (b) close to wherever you're going. That works in the suburbs but that's not how a downtown area should operate. People need to start taking the Metrolink down there or learn to sacrifice a few bucks and 5 minutes of their time to park in a garage and walk a few blocks.

However, I think most of that surface parking is eventually going to be used for later phases of the development, which I really hope are more impressive than phase I.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,019,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
...People need to start taking the Metrolink down there or learn to sacrifice a few bucks and 5 minutes of their time to park in a garage and walk a few blocks....

Have you taking the Metrolink after a game recently? I'm willing to say it's not underutilized. Trying to hop on at the stadium has often been a madhouse, giving us the idea to walk up one station further East and board there...then smile at all the folks at the stadium fighting for a seat...Never seems to work in my favor however, since I've always given up my seat to whichever lady was left standing...especially an older one. Call it parental imposed manners that just have worn off yet.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Have you taking the Metrolink after a game recently? I'm willing to say it's not underutilized. Trying to hop on at the stadium has often been a madhouse, giving us the idea to walk up one station further East and board there...then smile at all the folks at the stadium fighting for a seat...Never seems to work in my favor however, since I've always given up my seat to whichever lady was left standing...especially an older one. Call it parental imposed manners that just have worn off yet.
I do this all the time as well. There are never enough seats during rush hour, and if I happen to get one I always give it to a woman. Half the time they look absolutely shocked

Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,564,959 times
Ballpark Village is being developed on the site of the original Busch Stadium, which was built on the former site of a Chinese neighborhood known as Hop Alley. That neighborhood was leveled to build the old stadium. Part of the Ballpark Village plan is to restore the area's original street configuration. It would be nice to take that a step further in Phase II of the plan by paying homage to the Chinese heritage of the area. Maybe the design of the street-level buildings could be Asian influenced. Just a thought.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 PM

80 posts, read 222,045 times
I hereby dub this project "Parking Village". It really is a disappointment that so little land area is being used and what is being built is absurdly cheesy. It just doesn't seem very classy. The best thing that can happen at this point is for the other parcels to be sold to a developer that is capable of doing residential or office development.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:49 AM

I don't think all the parking is needed as I've never driven to a Cardinals game (Since the Metrolink) and don't know anyone else that does either. I actually like the artist renderings of the bar though. I mean it's a bar in a ballpark, and it looks nicer than what I've seen at most ballparks I've been to across the country. Also, it's sure to look nicer in reality than it does in an artist's renderings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis