Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,171,941 times

Advertisements

Balance in life is important. A lot of people see only dollar signs in their lives. Life is too short to be living for the dollar. Quality of life is more important than money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Perhaps. All kidding aside, we decided to do this in search of more balance in our lives.

Two hour one way commutes, just barely getting by on 150k (or more), and being pretty much stuck indoors for 5 months out of the year has led to our lives being out of balance. We have many wonderful friends, but we're all so far apart from each other if we see them once a month, we're lucky. Arriving to work on time requires such early wake up times, that even once we get home we lack the energy to do anything. And summers here are beautiful, but so very brief!

Again, in all seriousness, I'm not bashing NY. I love NY. We will visit often. And if I have a rich uncle that I don't know about leave me a large fortune, we'll get a place on Central Park West.

Sometimes you don't know what you got until it's gone, and for me, perhaps my time away from Florida has given me the perspective to really appreciate and value it. But different strokes for different folks, just because some people like brussel sprouts doesn't mean I'm gonna get within a country mile of them lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,028,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuanaso View Post
northerners have to start lookign for new places to migrate too. Florida/ North Carolina are not the only states in the U.S.
This. First thought when opening the thread: "Great, more New Yawkas"

Thoughts after reading "Hide your daughters and wives"

Old 02-04-2011, 05:21 AM

794 posts, read 1,863,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
a major problem that florida has is it attracts people that couldnt make it in other parts of the country. When people cant afford to live in bigtime relevant cities they often run to florida thus florida is not exactly getting the cream of the crop. You dont see young people at the top of their game halting their life to move to florida, its the opposite usually
What are you talking about???? Another idiotic statment.

It's a life choice, not a career choice...

Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,330,593 times
Congrats on the job and moving from a tax from birth the death state like NY.

Florida and all of it's beauty, people and huge list of wonderful things to do awaits you.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:39 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,330,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
a major problem that florida has is it attracts people that couldnt make it in other parts of the country. When people cant afford to live in bigtime relevant cities they often run to florida thus florida is not exactly getting the cream of the crop. You dont see young people at the top of their game halting their life to move to florida, its the opposite usually
Let me remind you that Florida is back and forth the 3rd and 4th most populist state in America.

Let me remind you that Florida is the home to several of the most wealthy people in America. ( Hardly running from anything )

Let me remind you that Florida has 3 of the top colleges in America.

Let me remind you that young people who can secure a job will better their lives if they are the active fun loving people who will enjoy a mix of job, life and pleasure in Florida that NY does not offer.

Oh yea, lets go to the Statue of Liberty, the states only tourist attraction other then Cooperstown.

The bashers are having a hard time dealing with someone who landed a job and is going to improve their life.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:50 AM

357 posts, read 801,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
I hate the fact that you associate NYS with NYC. You could have posted Attn: NYC were out.. ever try living in a different part of NYS?

Ill take my part of NYS over NYC and Florida anyday.
Exactly. The rest of New York state is almost nothing like NYC.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:05 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,616,631 times
Congratulations and good luck as you turn the page to a new chapter in the book of life. I hope you and your family will enjoy Tampa as much as we have. We moved from a beautiful place over 25 years ago and like you, we still visit, but Tampa is our home.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:45 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,398,441 times
just kidding its not that bad, its more like this in Miami

http://blog.whocanisue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/traffic.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Keeper; 04-10-2011 at 04:02 PM..

Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 PM

130 posts, read 426,829 times
Ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Balance in life is important. A lot of people see only dollar signs in their lives. Life is too short to be living for the dollar. Quality of life is more important than money.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:09 PM

707 posts, read 1,468,551 times
These are the types of people in tampa:

http://www.mtv.com/shows/16_and_preg...isodeID=173720
This girl is from riverview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay