Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times

Advertisements

Just got a job in Sunny Florida, we're out.

Florida: No state or city income tax. New York: Both. Florida wins.
Florida: $0.25 tolls on a handful of roads. New York: $6-$11 tolls on many roads. Florida wins.
Florida: All day parking: $6. New York: $50. Florida wins.
Florida: Sunny and 80 today. New York: Buried in snow and ice. Florida wins.
Florida: Flat roads with visible lane markers. NY: Potholes the size of small cars and no lane markers to speak of. Florida wins.
Florida: Shall Issue CCW. NY: Requires a (very expensive) permit to simply acquire a gun of any kind, frequently denied for no justifiable reason. Florida wins.
Florida: Hot chicks in bikinis who flash for beads. New York: Hot chicks in so many layers you can't tell they're chicks. Florida wins.

Hell, that's enough. We're out. Attn Florida: Hide your wives and daughters, here we come!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 AM

436 posts, read 1,120,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post

Florida: $0.25 tolls on a handful of roads. New York: $6-$11 tolls on many roads. Florida wins.
Florida: Flat roads with visible lane markers. NY: Potholes the size of small cars and no lane markers to speak of. Florida wins.
Florida: Shall Issue CCW. NY: Requires a (very expensive) permit to simply acquire a gun of any kind, frequently denied for no justifiable reason. Florida wins.
Florida: Hot chicks in bikinis who flash for beads. New York: Hot chicks in so many layers you can't tell they're chicks. Florida wins.

Hell, that's enough. We're out. Attn Florida: Hide your wives and daughters, here we come!
I'm sure I'll get flamed but many consider the Shall Issue CCW to be a con. (My opinion is) Florida loses on that one.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy our beautiful state!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:07 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,762 times
Good luck with the move, i'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Quote:

Haha, wait for it... wait for it.... someone will post in this thread the things that make Florida so terrible (nonsense, IMO).

As long as you understand that Florida is not New York you'll be very happy. Prepare to drive everywhere, things are spread out and summer is hot (I like hot weather). Congrats on landing a job!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Kash, I am actually (or will be soon) a 'Florida Fullback', meaning I've lived there before. Spent the first 27 years, more or less, of my life in the Tampa area. Wanted to experience other things, so left about 12 years ago. But I experienced other things, and I'm over it. My wife, OTOH, is 115 lbs of flaming hot Brooklyn boriqua, so it'll be new for her.

Anyone on the market for a dining room set?

Old 02-03-2011, 09:08 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
Quote:
Hot chicks in bikinis who flash for beads.
No wonder this state is so far behind civilization with the "quality" of ppl we attract! mostly interested in "hot chicks" and "guns"!!!!!!!

I am sure your wife will appreciate you looking for "hot chicks" all the time"!!!!!!!!!
but beware...you may find more of this kind of "hot chicks" around here.....than the other!!!!! not sure if you want to be flashed by THAT Thing!

I think you have "Tampa" confused with either Vegas or Miami! hahahahahahaha

Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 09:22 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
As long as you understand that Florida is not New York you'll be very happy. !

That is EXACTLY why they are leaving NYC.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Are you driving down? Do you beat the Verrazano toll on the way out at least?

Where do you find $50 all day parking in Manhattan? That's a deal.

I thought I was the only one that cared about lane markers.

We bailed out 23 years ago. Never regretted it especially after a few visits back.

Good luck with the relocation!

Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Nothing more pleasing to the male eye that a bikini'ed hottie if you ask me!.
Nothing wrong with looking especially if its a married guy.
Nothing wrong with firearms ownership either. Its a right granted to American citizens.

Far behind in civilization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
No wonder this state is so far behind civilization with the "quality" of ppl we attract! mostly interested in "hot chicks" and "guns"!!!!!!!

I am sure your wife will appreciate you looking for "hot chicks" all the time"!!!!!!!!!
but beware...you may find more of this kind of "hot chicks" around here.....than the other!!!!! not sure if you want to be flashed by THAT Thing!

I think you have "Tampa" confused with either Vegas or Miami! hahahahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay