Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:10 PM

279 posts, read 508,613 times

Advertisements

Well we sold our home and are heading to the Palm Harbor/Dunedin area. Now the fun of finding a moving company, packing, getting rid of excess stuff and a place to live for a family of 4 starts. Gonna go through all previous posts on nice apartments and or homes to rent. I think it might be best to contact a reputable agent to help with the search.?The job part is secured for us since I will transfer to our Tampa office and the wife is an RN and is in the process of transferring her license to Florida.

I have posted here before and thank all who have helped to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo75 View Post
Well we sold our home and are heading to the Palm Harbor/Dunedin area. Now the fun of finding a moving company, packing, getting rid of excess stuff and a place to live for a family of 4 starts. Gonna go through all previous posts on nice apartments and or homes to rent. I think it might be best to contact a reputable agent to help with the search.?The job part is secured for us since I will transfer to our Tampa office and the wife is an RN and is in the process of transferring her license to Florida.

I have posted here before and thank all who have helped to this point.
We have used St Pete Moving & Storage (Mayflower) for moving and they have always done a great job.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker24 View Post
We have used St Pete Moving & Storage (Mayflower) for moving and they have always done a great job.

thanks for your info, I have a few moving companies coming next week for quotes. Will look at Mayflower also.

Steve

Old 05-13-2011, 05:56 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
I used Graebel moving. They were reasonable although I only had them move the 'big stuff' and we packed all my stuff and drove a uhaul to save $$$.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:06 AM

494 posts, read 1,677,095 times
Good luck on the move. I use PODs usually. I know, I'm wierd. I wish I had invented them. ;(

Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I used Graebel moving. They were reasonable although I only had them move the 'big stuff' and we packed all my stuff and drove a uhaul to save $$$.
thanks and will look into that company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innertuber View Post
Good luck on the move. I use PODs usually. I know, I'm wierd. I wish I had invented them. ;(
I have been looking into PODS myself and yes it is genius!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 AM

28 posts, read 82,120 times
YEA on your move. I am about 2 yrs out but have already started my extensive relocation portfolio! In Palm Harbor, I narrowed the apt down to Madison Oaks. Denmark « #1 Palm Harbor Rentals | Palm Harbor Apartments at Madison Oaks
The school is Lake St George Elementary, ranking 341/1890 in all FL grade schools. We are also looking at the Countryside area of Clearwater - because the Leila Davis School is really good too. Good luck and I look forward to hearing all about your move!!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,125,986 times
Stevo. If you are looking into PODS be sure to check ABF UPack as well. I have used them twice and will use them again. If you want to make things easier with PODS or ABF UPack, pack up all your stuff, really well and hire movers to load the container for you. Just be sure to keep an eye on them, they'll never load it up as good as you would have.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Stevo. If you are looking into PODS be sure to check ABF UPack as well. I have used them twice and will use them again. If you want to make things easier with PODS or ABF UPack, pack up all your stuff, really well and hire movers to load the container for you. Just be sure to keep an eye on them, they'll never load it up as good as you would have.
This ^^. GREAT, GREAT company, and very reasonable. they also have a pod-like system called "relo-cubes" which is what we used and they can even store them in a warehouse (for a fee) until you need them. I liked them much better than pods.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM

So far I am looking at Lansbrook Villa in Eastlake. We come down the 13-15 of next month to check it out as well as a few other potential places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay