Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 PM

15 posts, read 44,404 times

Advertisements

Any new updates on moonlake or waters edge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,099 times
Default Update on watersedge

hi
just to let you know my wife and I live in ireland and are currently having a townhome built at Venatna at Watersedge. The community is beautiful.facilities are great within the community. Building progress slow but homes are still selling. Our home is due to be ready aug/sept 2009. We have a publix supermarket and other small shops close by and within 3 minutes drive is the beautiful starkey wilderness park.The main shopping areas are also accessable by car within 5/6 minutes (state road 54). There are other communities being built close by and there are plans to extend moonlake road and ridge road in the future. Although we know nothing about the local schools we have found out that they are very close to the Watersedge community. The nearest beach is robert rees park which is 15 minutes drive. We last visited Watersedge in November 2008, it has well kept lawn areas and the pools are amazing as the large pool overlooks the large boating/fishing lake, to which we have private access within the community. The clubhouse has a cinema area and a well equipped gym and tennis/basketball court.

Hope this helps.

davyireland

Old 04-28-2009, 11:25 AM

15 posts, read 44,404 times
Thank-you. It does help. We just put our house for sale. If it sells we are moving to Waters Edge. We were there in April.It is beautiful. Good Luck to you

Old 04-28-2009, 02:41 PM

232 posts, read 886,536 times
We recently moved here in the fall of 2008. We are on state rd 52 in a new subdivision. We looked into waters edge and came really close to buying a house in the subdivision. It is really nice but the CDD fees and HOA fees are killer. We found a subdivision with no CDD fees and IMO the homes are nicer. Send me a private message if you would like to know more. Anyway I have a kids at River Ridge and it is a nice school. They seem to be adjusting well. Traffic in the mornings getting to the school can be nightmarish but the staff are usually out directing so it makes it a little easier. We love the area and for the most part feel safe. Of course, just like anyplace there are places to avoid after dark and you just have to use your head. I like the country feel but convience of being near to everything beaches, shopping etc. Pinellas is way overcrowded and the price for a house compared to here you cant touch. We go to clearwater beach every weekend....hit the exprssway and its just a hop skip and a jump.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 PM

2 posts, read 7,465 times
If you are looking to move to Waters Edge I have a house for sale in the neighborhood. The reason we bought the house was the open floor plan, the clubhouse for our kids and the gated community. We do pay HOA fees but like one person said it includes basic cable, garbage pick-up and lawn water. The Lake is beautiful and when we first moved there we went alot and caught alot of fish. The only reason we stopped was my dad, who lives with us and is 85, had a stroke and at first it was hard for him to walk to the dock and stuff. The homeowners are now really starting to unite and get different neighborhood clubs together. We bought the house with the intention of staying for a very long time., but my husband accepted a job in NC and that is why we moved. My house is great and open with 4bedrooms, and 3 baths. Many house in neighborhood are shortsales and taking a LONG time to be accepted if at all, Our house is ready to move in NOW. If you are interested please email me at farrarhouse@gmail.com I would be glad to talk to anyone about my beautiful house!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,752 times
Default Waters Edge

Water Edge is a great place to live. I wouldn't let some of what you read bother you. You could find that kind of stuff anywhere in the country. There are some great prices on the new homes and when the area matures it's going to be the place to live. Keep in mind that these homes are built to the latest standards and homeowners insurance is usually cheaper on a new home. As far as the schools, I've lived in NPR for the last 20 years and the schools that service this area are better than most.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,733 times
I also live in Waters Edge and we are VERY happy. Our kids go to Cypress and River Ridge Middle. I have had no problems with the schools or social issues that people have mentioned. The neighborhood is very divers in culture from Asian, Hispanic, Black, whites, Italian, Irish, you name it. I move here from the Trinity area due to the prices and value. The homes are new, beautiful, very well built and the community activities, clubs and facilities are what we really love. My family and I have made some great friends and feel very safe about our kids being active with their friends in the neighborhood. This is a great place to raise kids and keep them busy. We are very active in Pasco soccer and other activities and feel that this luxury oasis is just far enough from the hustle and under developed parts of New Port Richey. That being said, I travel a lot and the 45 min trip to down town Tampa, the Airport, etc. are only a nice ride down the sun coast parkway. My take on the rules are this. We need to keep the community nice, clean and safe. These rules do just that. The market will turn around and our values will be up before you know it. It will take much longer if we have to go back and play clean up to get the community back in shape. I have not hear of the garage door rule and keep mine open all the time. The rules are simple, keep your property clean, presentable and well maintained (safe). A reasonable request from such a beautiful community.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,665 times
What are the fencing or pet restrictions in th Waters Edge subdivisions?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,465 times
fencing you just have to have approved by HOA, like type of fence. I don't think you can have chain-link but the the white fencing or I have even seen rod iron. The only Pet stuff I know is keep them on a leash and pick up after them. We had a dog and no problem.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 9,042 times
Its on the west side near the gulf, no recent crime reports. The new port richey area is a clam ,low pressure town.
For schools there are many. My kids go to Kiddie Ranch Preeschool,cause i drive to Tampa, and its on the way off sr. 54, black lake rd. odessa. ([URL="http://www.kiddieranchpreschool.com"]www.kiddieranchpreschool.com[/URL]), sorry for the shameless plug, but they have been so nice to my kids.

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay