Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami or Tampa side is better for Justin in Florida?
Miami side 2 20.00%
Tampa side 4 40.00%
Some other part of Florida 0 0%
Nowhere in Florida! 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:15 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

Better go west. When we are stuck in a reverse west wind flow from late May till mid Sept you will think you are about to die. Just think of the wind blowing off of 91 degree gulf temps and lows around 82 and highs around 90 to 96 for many months without a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 04:10 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Ft Lauderdale baby!! ---If I had a choice....

Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,193 times
How about Savannah Ga? I was very surprised when I visted there on a layover from a flight? It's a mid size city and has tons of history and has a vibebrant gay scene.... I like tamps and Florida too,but if it's humidity you hate well then Florida is not for you!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
How about Savannah Ga? I was very surprised when I visted there on a layover from a flight? It's a mid size city and has tons of history and has a vibebrant gay scene.... I like tamps and Florida too,but if it's humidity you hate well then Florida is not for you!
Well, neither would be Savannah - LOL!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, neither would be Savannah - LOL!
LOL yeah it took me a minute to realize Savannah has humidity too... but honestly the hottest place I have been was orlando Fl in the middle of August..It is only 200 miles south of where I live but the humidity made it feel at least 110F,although it is hot and humid in the south I think central Fl is the hottest!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:32 AM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
Miami South Beach. Forget the Gulf coast.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 PM

84 posts, read 226,878 times
Default here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmjb View Post
I'm somewhat of a nomad. I'm almost 38 and I've lived in quite a few places. I've gotten the moving bug once again and am trying to see where I might like/fit in the best in Florida or if at all. I plan to stop moving at 40 and at that age I will pick the best place out of all the places I've lived and not move again. Florida is one of the last spots and one of the places on my list that I've always wanted to try. I'd committ to at least 1 year as I do at least 1 year to find out what I really think of a place/city. I'm from Portland Oregon. I've lived in Los Angeles for 5 years, Scottsdale AZ, Seattle WA, Dallas TX, San Francisco CA, and even a small stint in upstate NY. I have liked L.A. area the best so far. The least was Texas as I found it a cultural shock and the mentality just WAY to different than the west coast. But I did have fun in Texas and people were nice, jus felt ALOT different than people there and the vibe was not really me.

I'm almost 38 but feel 31. I'm not a fan of humidity. I am well aware that this is something in Florida that I won't get away from at least half the year. I'm hoping that living right by the water on the beach might help a lil. But pros and cons to every place I've read alot on the forums and the more I read about the Miami side the more I feel I'd best be suited on the Tampa side. So I'm looking to find a nice beach town close to the Tampa area. I'm not totally sure on this and am open to hearing why or why not to live on the Miami side versus Tampa side.

Some things I've read and the questions I have. Miami seems to be put down alot educationally. Being from Portland I'd like to be around people that are somewhat like minded. I'm not an elitist by any means lol. Is Tampa and it's people anymore educated and not as superficial? I still want to look good but material and looks as I age are not as important. But being gay I do still like to look good and enjoy people watching and seeing attractive people too. Also I'm independent but lean republican and go to church. So also I've read that Tampa area is also more this way compare to Miami. I also get the feeling Miami is more dangerous and from what I've read it sounds like people are pretty rude? Is Tampa side this way too or better more relaxed easy going? I'm from the West coast remember

What is a nice beach town close to Tampa that is not full of old people or is this a myth that everyone in Florida is old? I'm fine with some. I'm not spring chicken myself but... Also not looking for party central and teens and kids, but some of that's cool. I like a good mix? I'd like a safe area as well. Also I'm really into the beach and water and I've heard the better prettier beaches are on the Tampa side. From what I can tell the Tampa side also doesn't deal as much with hurricanes or evil weather ya? And is the Tampa side any less humid by chance than the Miami side? And can someone REALLY break it down as to when the humidity starts and when it ends? Like mid May to Oct or? And are there days in the summer here and there that you get a break and it's NOT humid? And is there an beach city within Tampa that is cooler, breezier, less humid than other spots within the Tampa/beach cities area? Also any tornadoes or? And lightning? I heard there's alot?

Just looking for a clean, safe beachy area with blue water with a nice mix of people. Gay, straight, 20's, 30's, 40's. And a few older and younger is fine too. Of course I know I can't have it all and this might not even exsist anywhere in Florida but jus trying to find the closest match for me I know Tampa is not as gay as Miami but that's fine. I'm not totally all about being gay. It's just a small part of who I am but I'm not looking for redneck mean people either. I'm more libertarian. I'd like to be close to Tampa as I'd prolly be working somewhere IN Tampa. So not sure what traffic is like as in what the commute would be if I lived in say St. Petersburg or are there lot's of jobs in St. Petersburg area too?... But so if that's to far jus trying to find the closest nicest beach with all I stated that WOULD be within daily commute to downtown Tampa and work. I'm jus middle class at most and would be renting a condo or apt. Studio or 1 bed. As long as it's blocks to the beach or even right on it. Under $1000 would be best. Is this doeable? Any ideas, thoughts, on ALL issues would be appreciated!

Here are two lists about tampa I copied and pasted-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on paper that may be true but I have lived in both cities and miami is the fast paced, young, hip trendy cousin of tampa-the slow paced, cute, small country bumpkin

even in 2012 tampa is extremely slow paced, which is not a bad thing it all depends on what people like
on paper tampa's average population age may be lower than miami's but in REAL LIFE, you see SO many more q-tips in the tampa bay, clearwater, st. pete area than southeast florida aka miami
even most of tampa bay's tourists seem to all be 40years or older I asked someone why that is and this is the answer they gave me:
"It depends. Miami is a little much for older people who want to bask in the nice weather and just golf or check out Spring Training, and also a bit much for underage kids who do want to go to Orlando. Miami is more for single 20-30 somethings, and better if you are well off financially than not. Tampa is cheaper and has less crime, and is a less socially and racially stratified place than Miami.
Source(s):

been to both many times over three diff. decades"

and I completely agree with that person

I don't know why people in central and north florida feel like they need to "prove" that their cities are as good as miami when there is just no comparison...miami is the hot spot city in the entire state of florida hands down- when it comes to vacations, young sexy people, movie shoots, models, south beach, nightlife and the fast paced lifestyle miami will always be #1 in the state of FL.
Now does that mean places like Orlando and Tampa aren't great? No, they both have their own unique charm and amusement parks galore but it just all depends on who you are, how old you are, what you want in life and what kind of lifestyle you are used to

Central Florida-Tampa and Orlando
Pros-
Great for families
Much less crime than south florida
Cheaper than S.FL
More places to rent than S.FL
More "Green" than s.FL such as pastures, "woods" cattle, pine trees and such
Drivers arent as crazy as south florida
People are friendlier than south florida
Schools are better in terms of size and less problems than the ones in miami
Everything a person "needs" is available without the crazy fast paced lifestyle
Definitely more jobs available than miami and you dont have to speak spanish
Clearwater beach is very clean and pretty but thats not in tampa obviously its about a 40 minute drive to get there from tampa
Weather is more mild than South Florida, it does get colder for longer in tampa/st.pete than south florida but if you have experienced northern winters the cold is absolutely nothing

Cons:
Dead nightlife compared to miami/south beach
If you are from somewhere like LA, SD OR NYC you will get tired of tampa/orlando very quickly
This is just my opinion but south florida native (miami, fort laud, boca raton, palm beach) women are the hottest in the state, and other than a few transplants you wont find a lot of them in central and north florida unless they are attending college
Beaches arent as pretty and tourist friendly as miami beach, fort laud beach, palm beach etc, the best beach in tampa isnt even in tampa its in clearwater-however the view from the bridge from clearwater to clearwater beach is gorgeous it looks like a postcard, the first time you see it, especially if you have never been to FL, it will take your breath away, I definitely recommend a drive from clearwater beach down to st.pete beach, if you look on a map it looks like a long skinny peninsula near the side of clearwater, it has a cute oahu/island type vibe to it, very pretty drive
More rednecks and hillbillies than south florida, think confederate flags, pickup trucks with huge tires, and lots of bumper stickers- this seems to be a common observation from people who are from big cities like miami, nyc, and la that visit places like tampa or even orlando
Lots of q tip tourists from places like north carolina, virginia, texas, south carolina ALL year round so instead of those hot, cute college girl tourists coming down from California for spring break you will have to deal with 40 year old+ tourists, and families from the north visiting all year round especially during the winter time, and they tend to stay closer to clearwater beach but it spills over to tampa and some people visit tampa for families and relatives so expect to see cars with northern state license plates all year
SINKHOLES
tampa is known as the lightning city- guess why? rain rain rain and lightning. Some people like that so it could be a pro but I think most people dont so I put it in con

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HERES THE SECOND LIST BELOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tampa

*Lower cost of living than Miami
*Lots more places to rent than miami, there are many more apartments and homes to rent in tampa than miami and theyre definitely cheaper than miami
*Less crime than Miami
*If you are white you are not a minority in tampa unlike miami
*Quiet, slower paced lifestyle -this could be a con depending on what you like
*People are less aggressive and much friendlier than miami
*Most days in the summer the temperature doesn't get higher than 89 degrees
*Lots of "natural" beauty, pine trees, forests, cattle, horses, even some ranches
*possibly more jobs than miami depending on what you do
*Drivers aren't as bad as miami, but still not excellent, you'll see a lot of umm "crushed" cars driving around with dents and bumps in various spots but still not as angry and aggressive as miami drivers
*Lots of golf courses if you like that kind of thing
*Has a seminole hard rock just like the one in hollywood, fl8
*Has a colder and longer winter...depending on what you like this can be a con
*Peninsula next to clearwater is gorgeous especially when you see it for the first time, it has a hawaii island vibe that is very appealing, if you visit tampa definitely drive to clearwater beach, indian rocks beach and all the way down to treasure island and st. pete beach its a very pretty drive

Cons:
*Tampa is known as lightning city..wanna guess why? Lots of rain and lightning I personally love both so doesnt bother me but I think for most people this is a con
*The population from my observation consists more of older people than miami, lots of Q-tips
*Little to no nightlife compared to miami/south beach, a lot of people will tell you to go to hyde park The Hyde Park Cafe - Providing the Best Nightlife in Tampa Bay heres the link...they have a gallery where you can see pictures of the type of crowd that hangs out there, you might like it
*Quiet slower paced lifestyle I put this in pro and con because depending on how you feel it could be either one, and the slower paced lifestyle affects all things from how many bars there are to how many malls there are, just to give you an idea Tampa does not have a Costco you have to go all the way to clearwater just to get to a costco and imho tampa only has one mall that is worth going to its called the International plaza
*LOTS OF TOURISTS all year round and although most of the tourists visit and stay near clearwater, a lot of tourists stay in tampa and its just annoying, and tampa attracts a lot of older, retirees as a vacation spot so its not like miami where you get hot sexy 20 yr olds from san diego coming down for spring break its almost always 40yrs old+ people and families coming from states like North carolina, ohio, texas and virginia in their SUVs, it gets annoying after awhile -there are a lot of good opinions on this website as to why tampa attracts mostly older retirees as tourists and the main point that everyone agrees on is this "Miami is a little much for older people who want to bask in the nice weather and just golf or check out Spring Training, and also a bit much for underage kids who do want to go to Orlando. Miami is more for single 20-30 somethings, and better if you are well off financially than not. Tampa is cheaper and has less crime, and is a less socially and racially stratified place than Miami."
*Some people who move from miami to tampa complain all day that the city is dead and there is nothing to do
*No beach...well the only beach worth going to is in clearwater and imo its not as great as fort lauderdale beach, miami beach, palm beach etc but thats my opinion, clearwater beach is quite pretty when you're going over the bridge to get to it the view is fantastic it was breathtaking the first time I saw it
*Lots of people on here who moved to Tampa from more developed cities such as LA, NY or SD complain that some of the people in tampa are too "redneck" and hillbilly, and in some areas of tampa and clearwater it is true, think lots of bumper stickers on 1 out of every 10 cars, some cars even have 10 or more bumper stickers, I remember one that read "My other car is a broom" possible Harry potter joke? idk (a lot of people here make jokes about people in certain areas of pinellas and pasco county marrying their cousins and only going as high as the 7th grade etc theyre definitely exaggerating but there are more "rednecks" in tampa than miami, this isnt meant to offend anyone, just look at all of the threads on here Im not making it up)
*Lots of trailer parks, funny thing is some of them are gated communities
*SINKHOLES, miami has hurricanes well so does tampa but also SINKHOLES
*Tampa was voted one of the worst dressed cities not that long ago which only matters if you care about flashy or fashionable clothes, if not then you can walk out the door in the shirt you slept in, some shorts and flip flops, run all the errands you want and no one would bat an eye

Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 PM

84 posts, read 226,878 times
Default hey hey hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmjb View Post
I'm somewhat of a nomad. I'm almost 38 and I've lived in quite a few places. I've gotten the moving bug once again and am trying to see where I might like/fit in the best in Florida or if at all. I plan to stop moving at 40 and at that age I will pick the best place out of all the places I've lived and not move again. Florida is one of the last spots and one of the places on my list that I've always wanted to try. I'd committ to at least 1 year as I do at least 1 year to find out what I really think of a place/city. I'm from Portland Oregon. I've lived in Los Angeles for 5 years, Scottsdale AZ, Seattle WA, Dallas TX, San Francisco CA, and even a small stint in upstate NY. I have liked L.A. area the best so far. The least was Texas as I found it a cultural shock and the mentality just WAY to different than the west coast. But I did have fun in Texas and people were nice, jus felt ALOT different than people there and the vibe was not really me.

I'm almost 38 but feel 31. I'm not a fan of humidity. I am well aware that this is something in Florida that I won't get away from at least half the year. I'm hoping that living right by the water on the beach might help a lil. But pros and cons to every place I've read alot on the forums and the more I read about the Miami side the more I feel I'd best be suited on the Tampa side. So I'm looking to find a nice beach town close to the Tampa area. I'm not totally sure on this and am open to hearing why or why not to live on the Miami side versus Tampa side.

Some things I've read and the questions I have. Miami seems to be put down alot educationally. Being from Portland I'd like to be around people that are somewhat like minded. I'm not an elitist by any means lol. Is Tampa and it's people anymore educated and not as superficial? I still want to look good but material and looks as I age are not as important. But being gay I do still like to look good and enjoy people watching and seeing attractive people too. Also I'm independent but lean republican and go to church. So also I've read that Tampa area is also more this way compare to Miami. I also get the feeling Miami is more dangerous and from what I've read it sounds like people are pretty rude? Is Tampa side this way too or better more relaxed easy going? I'm from the West coast remember

What is a nice beach town close to Tampa that is not full of old people or is this a myth that everyone in Florida is old? I'm fine with some. I'm not spring chicken myself but... Also not looking for party central and teens and kids, but some of that's cool. I like a good mix? I'd like a safe area as well. Also I'm really into the beach and water and I've heard the better prettier beaches are on the Tampa side. From what I can tell the Tampa side also doesn't deal as much with hurricanes or evil weather ya? And is the Tampa side any less humid by chance than the Miami side? And can someone REALLY break it down as to when the humidity starts and when it ends? Like mid May to Oct or? And are there days in the summer here and there that you get a break and it's NOT humid? And is there an beach city within Tampa that is cooler, breezier, less humid than other spots within the Tampa/beach cities area? Also any tornadoes or? And lightning? I heard there's alot?

Just looking for a clean, safe beachy area with blue water with a nice mix of people. Gay, straight, 20's, 30's, 40's. And a few older and younger is fine too. Of course I know I can't have it all and this might not even exsist anywhere in Florida but jus trying to find the closest match for me I know Tampa is not as gay as Miami but that's fine. I'm not totally all about being gay. It's just a small part of who I am but I'm not looking for redneck mean people either. I'm more libertarian. I'd like to be close to Tampa as I'd prolly be working somewhere IN Tampa. So not sure what traffic is like as in what the commute would be if I lived in say St. Petersburg or are there lot's of jobs in St. Petersburg area too?... But so if that's to far jus trying to find the closest nicest beach with all I stated that WOULD be within daily commute to downtown Tampa and work. I'm jus middle class at most and would be renting a condo or apt. Studio or 1 bed. As long as it's blocks to the beach or even right on it. Under $1000 would be best. Is this doeable? Any ideas, thoughts, on ALL issues would be appreciated!

alright im a south florida native, Ive lived all over the U.S., my closest friend of 7 years is gay, and I have also lived in tampa so I can give you some insight, ill try my best to give un-biased answers to your questions (im very in love with south florida/ocean drive-the glitz and glamour of it all, very cosmopolitan)

First of all-You want to live close to the beach then tampa is not for you, the closest REAL beach in tampa is actually in clearwater, a good 40 minute drive so you should really be asking clearwater vs miami not tampa.
Humidity is bad in south florida, its 98 degrees all the time, you get in your car thats been out in the sun all day and you feel like you stepped into a sauna central florida is actually much better when it comes to humidity, its practically not there compared to south florida if you hate humidity south florida unfortunately is not for you
Miami educationally is....well :/ lets say there is a reason home schooling is becoming SO popular in south florida, but the entire state of FL has recently dropped the state test's passing grade by half.... its a shame really such a beautiful tropical state filled with uncultured, rude people (native floridians don't get mad I am also a native Floridian and love south Florida but lets be honest about the state)
Tampa is not more educated than south florida (by "miami" im just assuming you mean south florida) if anything tampa is behind south florida by A LOT, lots of rednecks, hillbillies and old northern transplants, tampa is not the place to go to be around refined, cultured, well-traveled, well-educated people that's more SoCal, NYC- tampa, clearwater and st pete is very redneck (but the people are honest and they mean well, they're not out to hustle you or kill you for drugs like miami)
If you like to look good dont move to tampa or anywhere on the west coast of FL- it is all retirees, its not even that big of an exaggeration, especially in cities like Naples (80% Q-tips) tampa was voted one of the worst dressed cities in the U.S. a few years ago, Im probably exaggerating but lets just say 98% of tampanians have never heard of ferragamo, varvatos, or yigal azrouel also lots of overweight people in Tampa- in south florida people go to GREAT lengths to look good
Once again you keep saying a beach town in tampa, there are no real beaches in tampa, there is only clearwater and st pete beach, different cities and different counties than tampa
Humidity in tampa is not that bad I really cant break it down for you because after living so long in south florida-tampa to me feels like its not humid at all, the hottest it will get in the summer is probably 90 degrees, other days its low to mid 80s in the "winter" its 60s to 40s
Once again no beach city in tampa-all in clearwater
If you are liberal, central florida is not for you, south florida is for you, in soflo no one cares if youre gay, straight, black, white, european, asian, hispanic....because the people in soflo are all different and its a big melting pot so everyone is open minded, used to seeing topless europeans on south beach, gangster types, yuppies, snotty people, humble people, people from all over the world live in south florida and visit south florida so its a bit like NYC in that way, youll just be 1 person surrounded by 6 million people in the south florida area, some people adore that and others hate it but that all depends on what you like
Traffic in tampa seems to be non existent in my opinion... but Im comparing the traffic to places like ATL, Oahu, and Dallas where traffic can literally turn a 30 minute drive into a 2 hour anger fest
in the wintertime bunch of tourists go to clearwater/tampa- very annoying, they're apparently rude to the native tampanians and it gets on their nerves BUT most FL cities make most of their $$ from tourism so...
I don't know if you will find something right on the beach or near the beach for $1000, even if its a single bedroom but Im not too sure on that because I lived in Tampa not clearwater (where the actual beach, and beach condos are) but look up apartment rates online and youll get the gist of it
apartments.com

Whats "Do-able" is all in your mind, you might love tampa/clearwater or you might ending up hating it and moving out asap, why dont you visit and stay in tampa for a week or two, in that amount of time youll learn all you need to know about the area first hand, the city is not that big you can see and visit everything in a month or two

Okay hope that helps

Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,322,865 times
Conservative gay republican? Seriously?

Why would you align yourself with a political party very active against your lifestyle?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 AM

11 posts, read 25,485 times
Conservative gay republican? Seriously?

Why would you align yourself with a political party very active against your lifestyle?

You obviously don't know the party very well or people behind it nor your own party. I lean Republican. I have no interest in marriage. Just as many dems including most black people who are dems are against gay marriage. Many republicans are very accepting of gays. I don't promote my lifestyle. I have no interest in marriage. Even if I was straight. I find marriage a thing of the past. I have many gay friends in NY where gay marriage is legal. I know of NONE that have gotten married there. I am socially somewhat more liberal but I like the policies of libertarian or republican FAR more than Demorcrat nanny state. I'd rather have a job and future than gay marriage. I don't walk down the street and ask people if they accept me or not. Laura Bush btw is for gay marriage. I'm gay. I don't really care. I'm sick of hearing about anything gay in the media to be honest. I preffered the 90's. When we were gay and accepted but still a lil bit underground. It felt more special and I was happy NOT to be the center of every f-ing debate online or in the media DAILY. I was raised Christian. I still am. You act MORE judgemental in your question actually if you read it right as in something is WRONG with being gay and God or conservative or republican? Really stop and read what you wrote. It's FAR more judgemental than ANY republican has asked me.

It's YOU who assume in what you post that EVERYONE Republican is against me or judges me yet YOU are the one telling me that PEOPLE ARE judging me and are active! Gee thanks! And do you KNOW of them personally! Cuz some republicans are NOT for gay marriage and some are just as democrats. I don't vote or belong to a party becuz of just ONE issue. Try and think outside the box. YOU judge me and try and pigeon hole what YOU think all gays must vote? So a black person can't be republican I bet to you either? I bet YOU are they type that holds their purse when a black person walks by.... I bet YOU are the one that assumes based on what you said that all gays do is have sex parties, and go shopping and wear pink... THAT's how YOU come accross to me as what YOU said is EXACTLY what the problem is. Sorry I'm not an idiot and would never vote or be democratic becuz I have WAY to much common sense. Many gays I am friends with feel the same way. GET used to it. Think OUTSIDE the box! We just aren't as vocal and IN your face like the democratic gays that scream and picket. We have manners. I am sorry if I offend you in that I was born gay and grew up and looked at both political parties and found out one made NO sense and the other one did. Yes it would be way easier for me to be democratic maybe... But I know a lot of democrats and they are NOT into men being with men. TRUST me. And I know several republican people who love gays. And vice versa. If you want to generalize and put people into a 2 party system based on sexual preferance, or race, etc. then you are JUST hypocritical when saying what you did as THAT was WAY more judgemental than anything ANYONE has asked me or put on me in recent memory.

I am conservative and LEAN republican. Becuz politics and way of life and government have NOTHING to do with me being gay now do they? No they don't. So take your preconcieved notion of what you think gay people should be or what you think republicans ALL think like or that the party is very active against my lifestyle. They aren't. I was born in 1974. I've never felt like I wasn't good enough or that a certain party was against me. Maybe in the media YOU by into this from what is written. But I bet deep down in ALL politicians from BOTH sides they do NOT match up to what YOU think in if they like or do not like the gay lifestyle. It's a VERY individual thing. I don't need special rights. I grew up just fine without a bully law, seatbelt laws, helmet laws, etc etc... laws laws laws... we need less of them NOT more. Less government NOT more. PERIOD. And I'd rather restore LIFE and dreams and AMERICA than get MORE laws and BIGGER government from the dems than I would to get gay marriage from the Republicans to agree... I'm more worried about the economy and jobs than I am gay marriage. But even if I was as I stated earlier, it's what YOU project on each party more than what is reality. If I don't have a job what good is being able to get married? I'm not interested in becoming Greece or California... You only have to look at them to see what Obama and dems end up like... A mess.

Are all republicans ideas perfect? No. Are all dems idea's bad? no. You project HATE from a total party and you project hate and division and speak for others when it's NOT true. I'd apologize if I were you. I'm sorry, I was raised and I still DO belive in GOD. I'm sorry I still struggle with weather MARRIAGE is correct for ME as a gay man! If others have already come to peace with that, great for them. I'm not so sure yet and I don't have the awnsers to everything... My earthly life and what is asked for me on earth is NOT as important as eternal life. So I'm still debating HOW liberal one should go. I'm many different things. I think different on all things politics... Over all yes I lean Republican. But I'm FAR from being able to be put in a box. Just like most people. Including many republicans who are NOT against gay people that would find what you wrote offensive. Including my parents and MANY other people I know of all ages and races. Sometimes in life is more than who you are... THAT's why I align myself with that party. I have MORE in common with them overall becuz I have common sense.
Good day-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay