Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM

45 posts, read 79,120 times

Advertisements

Oh and one more thing I miss is publix and b1g1 sales mixed with coupons.

Basically I miss that it is just about free to live well, dress well, and eat well in fl compared to up north! If you have Champagne taste and a beer budget (as We do) FL is the place to be.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
I miss Publix, Good Cuban food, and St. Pete Beach.

That's it.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,759,472 times
LOL I love the people who leave reps and leave rude comments. You realize when you rep someone from the thread, you're giving them "props" for their post here right? Dont worry anon, I'd love to leave. 1.5 years left in the military here.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
The thing is nowhere is perfect.
Too hot,too cold,too wet,too dry,too flat,too hilly,too this ,too that,blah,blah,blah,yadda,yadda,yadda.
If Florida is so crap why do so many people want to move here ?
Year in,year out Florida ticks most of their boxes.
They certainly ain't moving to Alaska in their droves.
Florida rocks.
End of.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
I am leaving Tampa, but I will definitely miss Publix and the TIA airport. I don't like this weather, though.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 PM

472 posts, read 548,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SULAW2015 View Post
Florida Oranges.
Cane syrup.
Boiled peanuts.
Beaches and water you can swim in.
Wearing shorts to Christmas and New Years.
No state income tax.
Publix.
Sun 365 days per year.
No snow.
Did I mention oranges $5/gallon bucket?
I'm a newbie here, where/when do I get those $5/gallon bucket of oranges? And cane syrup? Good thread for new stuffs I should get acquainted with since I just got settled here.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:59 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiepoke View Post
I'm a newbie here, where/when do I get those $5/gallon bucket of oranges? And cane syrup? Good thread for new stuffs I should get acquainted with since I just got settled here.
Parkers farms in plant city.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
I won't miss anything here other than my sisters. The rest of the family is coming out west with me. The thing is, anything I'd miss here I can have in many other areas. Palm trees, sunshine, pretty sunsets and a relaxed lifestyle? There are PLENTY of cities out west that offer that. Not to mention low humidity and no mosquitoes. Oh...but no ocean I haven't actually been in the water in over 3 years. So for me it's like paying a big HOA fee for a community pool I never use. And if I did want to go the beach, I'd rather put on a wetsuit and enjoy some exciting 8' glassy waves than basking on the gulf beaches like some old pickled lizard.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
LOL I love the people who leave reps and leave rude comments. You realize when you rep someone from the thread, you're giving them "props" for their post here right? Dont worry anon, I'd love to leave. 1.5 years left in the military here.
Thank you for your service.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM

485 posts, read 1,012,415 times
1. Low cost of living (from the price of parking at the airport, to the price of a lemon, to the price of a 1-bedroom apartment) compared with other desirable large regions of the country (LA, NYC, Seattle, Chicago, etc.)
2. Low density of population (you won't have to wait in line at the grocery store, you won't have to wait in line at the dry cleaners, you won't have to wait in line ever unless you go to Wright's Deli at lunch time)
3. Great airports with lots of flexibility in terms of flights and pricing
4. A city with a little bit of the Old South, a little bit of Latin America, a little bit of the Northeast and a little bit of Europe all mixed in
5. Excellent roads
6. Excellent public services (including libraries, police, etc.)
7. Low sales, property, income taxes (compared with other large desirable regions mentioned above)
8. Proximity to wonderful local farms and produce, and all manner of high-end or low-end grocery stores and restaurants, from Publix to Mazzarros to Sanwa Market to Mustang Flea Market
9. Excellent museums, theater, concert venues (which do not get mobbed with people, are not overly expensive nor do they charge 30 bucks for parking like in DC, for example)
10. Traffic is virtually not an issue if you live in the urban core (South Tampa) or if you compare traffic here to traffic in other desirable regions
11. Pro sports teams, sports teams for all shapes and ages and sizes, outdoor sports year-round
12. Gorgeous beaches, and if you hate the beach, pristine springs and rivers
13. Southern hospitality (also known as, not being treated like CRAP at the deli counter at the grocery store, which is what happens at Ralph's grocery store in LA, for example)
14. Gorgeous weather 6 months of the year, sunshine is really key to avoiding depression, and frequent, lush, delicious rain (which much of the midwest, and the whole western portion of the country is severely lacking in, so much so that they are draining the Colorado River just to hydrate California, a travesty)
15. Going somewhere else, and then realizing how much you love it back home, and how you hope nobody finds out about your secret: that Tampa Bay is one of the best places to live in in the world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay