Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM

294 posts, read 542,516 times

Advertisements

I also want to know what part of Tampa is best for raising a young family, yet also close to everything..I don't want to 'commute' more than 10-15 minutes for things like gas,grocery,Target, Lowes, etc. yet still within a half hour ride to the gulf beaches in Clearwater/St Pete etc. I know you get these questions all the time but I have scoured the posts and haven't seen one that answers my question...I want to rent a town house also not buy..any suggestions of areas I should look into would help profusely..and if you can think of any other areas that would fit this description and be closer to the beach than Tampa is that would help too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 03:18 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,487 times
Depending on the time of day, you'll be pushing the time limits over by Citrus Park and Town and Country but for weekends when work traffic is not there, you'll make it. Anything closer than that like Safety Harbor, Palm Harbor or even North towards Tarpon Springs can still work.
There are some nice areas and some not so nice areas, so I would suggest some research with the crime listings, school ratings, etc...

Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,298,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuda1 View Post
I also want to know what part of Tampa is best for raising a young family, yet also close to everything..I don't want to 'commute' more than 10-15 minutes for things like gas,grocery,Target, Lowes, etc. yet still within a half hour ride to the gulf beaches in Clearwater/St Pete etc. I know you get these questions all the time but I have scoured the posts and haven't seen one that answers my question...I want to rent a town house also not buy..any suggestions of areas I should look into would help profusely..and if you can think of any other areas that would fit this description and be closer to the beach than Tampa is that would help too.
The best areas to raise kids in Tampa are its suburbs.

You're probably going to look into Carrollwood if you want nice area "close to everything"!

But again, what's good for me, may not be for you...so "best areas in Tampa" really depends on your personal preference, activities of interest, and budget.

Rent here: can't get anymore central than this!
The Arbors at Carrollwood Tampa Apartments - Apartments in Tampa, FL

Attached Thumbnails
Maybe choosing Tampa over Clearwater but wanted to know what part of Tampa has the easiest/fastest commute to the beach-tampa.jpg  

Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Danashores is about the closest you can get to Clearwater beach.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,454 times
many areas in South Tampa give quick access. We live a little north of Gandy and by taking the bridge to 275 south...we can be way down at Pass-A-Grille in about 30 minutes. None of that crazy traffic you experience either like going into Clearwater.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Ha really? I work near International mall and live on Belcher/60 Clearwater,,, in dead summer it is 45 min from mall to beach, in winter months with snow birds add one hour++- and if it's a Holiday 2 hrs on the causeway alone. PLEASE note -there really are no beaches north of Clearwater except Honey moon island.. one way in one way out. I lived in Carrolwood Waters n Dale Mabry,,, horrible ride to the beach specially on way back -sun burned etc ughhh. We moved to Clearwater as we are from Miami Beach n enjoy going regularly. I am considering moving some where in Town N Country, closer to work, and I can catch the causeway toward the beach with ease,,,, but that beach trip better be at 8 am or its NOT happening. there are not enough roads to accomodate traffic. and I consider the arbors-- northdale,, or very north carrolwood,,, everything else is there but beaches.-- PS the veterans is a toll hwy...

Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 AM

Hmmm....I am just trying to make sure we find an area that can 'have it all' meaning good schools, quick access to stores etc., more opportunities for work while not being far from the beaches...but 45 minutes is just too long...even 30 is too long but do-able...this is tough...and so hard to try and do from Massachusetts lol...we will be visiting in the next few months but want to have some solid areas in mind so we don't just drive mindlessly looking around...I do hear of the awful 19 traffic?? So I get a little nervous, not sure how it compares to Boston/ Cape traffic...then I could gage it better...I am used to leaving for the beach around that time because in the summer here if you want to go to the Cape we have to leave at 6 am or be ready to be stuck in stand still traffic for 2+ hours!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
many areas in South Tampa give quick access. We live a little north of Gandy and by taking the bridge to 275 south...we can be way down at Pass-A-Grille in about 30 minutes. None of that crazy traffic you experience either like going into Clearwater.
So where in South Tampa would I look to rent a town house?? I always scan Craigslist but it is tough because when I find something I like it is wayyyyyy far from the beaches so I never know what 'area' to put in for a search??? Can you give me some names of places I could look into renting a townhouse?? I notice every place seems to have a name like 'The Hammocks' or something...so if you could give me some names of places that rent out townhouse type places that would be great, it is so hard to do without knowing names etc. and Tampa is a really big area so without knowing names of certain neighborhoods it's hard to narrow it down.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,896,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
PLEASE note -there really are no beaches north of Clearwater except Honey moon island.. one way in one way out.
This is simply not correct.

Tarpon Springs itself has two beaches. Sunset Beach and Fred Howard Park Beach.

Pinellas County, Florida, Park & Conservation Resources - Fred Howard Park
"The white sandy beach is a very popular north county swim area and also provides a perfect location for visitors to enjoy many spectacular sunsets"

Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
This is simply not correct.

Tarpon Springs itself has two beaches. Sunset Beach and Fred Howard Park Beach.

Pinellas County, Florida, Park & Conservation Resources - Fred Howard Park
"The white sandy beach is a very popular north county swim area and also provides a perfect location for visitors to enjoy many spectacular sunsets"
Very nice area! Aghhhh, this is so hard to decide...what looks like it would be close isn't close at all maybe stay in Pinellas County/Clearwater...just hoping he will get as much work...we already have a possible 'in' with him maybe being able to sub contract out of Lowes for flooring but are there any Lowes around Clearwater??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay