Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:46 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have been to both,, small beach areas, since they closed F. Howard to fix the road havent been back, Sunset never found I think, maybe drove by- it's tiny. Just like the one in Springhill - 30 cars n it's over. Algia what's with the X's??
I don't like big beach crowds! Sand thrown at me etc.

The x's are "stay away" areas...not family safe etc IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 05:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I don't like big beach crowds! Sand thrown at me etc.

The x's are "stay away" areas...not family safe etc IMO
I feel the same way about the beach. I do Clearwater beach when I want to people watch or do some of the other stuff there. I do the other beaches when I want to enjoy the actual beach.

Your map with the X's and Checks looks very good.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I feel the same way about the beach. I do Clearwater beach when I want to people watch or do some of the other stuff there. I do the other beaches when I want to enjoy the actual beach.

Your map with the X's and Checks looks very good.
Thanks!

Yeah, I like peace & quiet at the beach, and to let the kids run around without getting lost! We had a blast today!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
One thing about Fred Howard beach and Sunset Beach is that they are man made and are not located on a natural barrier island.......

This matters because, when you enter the water to swim, ect.....you almost immediately are walking in thick sea grass beds that cover almost every square inch of bottom inside the barrier islands.

The natural, barrier island beaches are just that......natural, regular beaches where the bottom underneath the water is all hard packed sand from the natural wave/tide/current action of the Gulf.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 PM

294 posts, read 542,738 times
Quote:
But of course! that is the ONLY way to do it! hahahahahahaha

BTW whenever you guys come down (and I highly recommend you visit at least once before moving), do the red square on two days, and the blue on another two days, so you have time to go up and down and truly explore the area. From the airport (you can find a hotel there and be central to everything), take Veterans up to Lutz, Odessa, Citrus Park, Carrollwood, (exit 9 & 14). Take the Gunn Hwy exit (exit 9), and go west to Citrus Park and check it out, and then from there you can go back towards Ehlrich Rd and go all the way to Dale Mabry/Bearss. Then take Dale Mabry up to Van Dyke, explore that, and then go up one more exit to Lutz Lake Fern and explore that as well...all the good schools are on that road. Then next day take Courtney Campbell to Gulf to Bay and then make a right on Mc Mullen Booth, and then go all the way up to East Lake with Tarpon Rd, and then from Tarpon Rd go west towards US19 and take that all the way down (or until you had enough...LOLOL)...Leave two extra days to explore the beaches, and see which one you like best. From the airport you can also take Dale Mabry north (in blue on the map) and see what that's like.
I of course was supposed to say BOOZE laced hot cocoa tehehe...I was wondering about the x's too but I read your response sounds like a good plan of attack..I can't wait to finally make the first trip..

Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM

Right! LOL

The area might seem small on the map, but when u add stop lights etc you'll never know when the day is over!
Also, do look for the things you are used to buy daily because I couldn't find fresh bread in PGH for example which was very annoying!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Right! LOL

The area might seem small on the map, but when u add stop lights etc you'll never know when the day is over!
Also, do look for the things you are used to buy daily because I couldn't find fresh bread in PGH for example which was very annoying!
Yes, that is huge to me..not fresh bread but being able to get all the things I am used to getting up here number #1 being Dunkin Donuts Iced coffee it's literally a deal breaker if I couldn't get that lmaooo

Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM

500 posts, read 1,174,066 times
Egret's Landing Apartments | Egret's Landing Apartments in Palm Harbor, FL 34685

Here is your perfect apartment in Palm Harbor.

I work for the company that manages it, in another state, and it's a good company to deal with.

I'm actually (fingers crossed), hoping that in about 3 years, there's an opening in the office of this property so I can live and work there when I have the ability to finally get out of the midwest!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
Egret's Landing Apartments | Egret's Landing Apartments in Palm Harbor, FL 34685

Here is your perfect apartment in Palm Harbor.

I work for the company that manages it, in another state, and it's a good company to deal with.

I'm actually (fingers crossed), hoping that in about 3 years, there's an opening in the office of this property so I can live and work there when I have the ability to finally get out of the midwest!
I think I actually saw this place in Craigslist..don't know if I want to live in that type of setting though..like I'm trying to envision me having to carry all my groceries from my car with my 2 kids..if I didn't get a first floor especially...idk..I really would like more of a town home..where if they are connected it's more side by side then multiple floors..it would still have the feel of a single family seeing I am used to that..

Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
one thing to watch is some neighborhods have NO KIDS,,, my family had an aful time with that here, no one to play with in the sidewalks,,, just older folks looking down on them,,, maybe that's why I dont like em so much,,, that's why I won't move to another 55+ community,,, oh yes they can visit!!,,,they tell you-- then you have to hide them== guess they were spawned s adults. ugh

OHH cool just got my tax refund wow... fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay