Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 06:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Hush! Am loving open windows all the time, pool water is 86 degrees w solar panels, what more could I ask for
Me too!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 03:27 PM

663 posts, read 1,144,223 times
This cold weather has been killing me. All I do is look forward to the 90 degree days. Every friggin time I think we are on our way to summer, another cold front comes through.

If anyone sees Al Gore, kick him in the balls for me. That jerk had me all excited thinking the climate was getting warmer!

Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,896,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
This cold weather has been killing me. All I do is look forward to the 90 degree days. Every friggin time I think we are on our way to summer, another cold front comes through.

If anyone sees Al Gore, kick him in the balls for me. That jerk had me all excited thinking the climate was getting warmer!

This is pretty good "winter" weather, but I am looking forward to more typical weather. Six weeks ago people were telling me to just wait a month. Well that came and went and I'm still waiting. Don't get me wrong....the weather beats the crap out of the weather in the north, IMO, but I am and have been ready for what we came here for weatherwise..........nice and warm and higher dew points.......which are some of the main ingredients for creating mother nature's fireworks.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,889 times
Tony I have the perfect solution, one in which we both win. We could share a duplex type of apartment. On the dividing wall, I'll mount a big wall unit AC. My side will have the cold air coming out, you're side will have the fins with the heat coming off. And since I like keeping my house like an icebox, it will ensure that your side will stay plenty warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post

Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,121,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
If things don't pick up soon, we could miss out on some great Florida Gulf Coast weather activity. We really need, IMO, for things to heat up and especially for the dew points to increase. Otherwise we are going to miss prime opportunities for some of nature's great weather events. Here's hoping the weather light switch gets flipped soon and we can enjoy mother nature at her finest.

Oh... you silly rabbit. I used to think the same thing.. the first 2 years I lived here. I do enjoy the thunderstorms and do look forward to them. But the weather we have had in the month of May has been perfect. 80's but low humidity. I really do think the best weather here is April - May.. maybe early June.

Soon we will have heat indexes in the high 9090's and low 100's (possibly hotter). It's nice for awhile but when you have it for four months you are ready for the cool down.

Now, don't get me wrong.... I am not saying it's terrible weather... I'll take it over my old Alaskan winters anytime. It's just not our best weather and it is part of the weather cycle here that gives us glorious times of the year.

Those hot summer days are a great time to get out and enjoy the water though. Whether it be tubing Rainbow River, hitting a beach, playing at Adventure Island, enjoying your own pool or hitting a local splash park.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Oh... you silly rabbit. I used to think the same thing.. the first 2 years I lived here. I do enjoy the thunderstorms and do look forward to them. But the weather we have had in the month of May has been perfect. 80's but low humidity. I really do think the best weather here is April - May.. maybe early June.

Soon we will have heat indexes in the high 9090's and low 100's (possibly hotter). It's nice for awhile but when you have it for four months you are ready for the cool down.

Now, don't get me wrong.... I am not saying it's terrible weather... I'll take it over my old Alaskan winters anytime. It's just not our best weather and it is part of the weather cycle here that gives us glorious times of the year.

Those hot summer days are a great time to get out and enjoy the water though. Whether it be tubing Rainbow River, hitting a beach, playing at Adventure Island, enjoying your own pool or hitting a local splash park.
Well, I am used to summer heat indexes of 105-115 with high dew points, so this will actually feel cooler. Plus being located so close to the coast we always have a breeze. Every day we have lived here so far has had a nice breeze. Where we lived before, we had 105-115 heat indexes with zero breeze.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the summer time temps all year. I do enjoy the change of seasons here......except for the cool/cold days we can have here and there in winter.....and I definitely don't like when it is super dry.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:56 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
I just read today's expected high is 91 and it's at 99% humidity at 9am. Now that's steamy IMO.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I just read today's expected high is 91 and it's at 99% humidity at 9am. Now that's steamy IMO.
LOL! I guess that shows the difference of what I am used to. That would be a relief day from where we used to live. I guess it really does depend on where you come from and what you are accustomed to. I'm willing to bet someone moving from Maine to this would be shocked, yet for me that is on the lighter side of heat.......actually darn near perfect.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Tony I have the perfect solution, one in which we both win. We could share a duplex type of apartment. On the dividing wall, I'll mount a big wall unit AC. My side will have the cold air coming out, you're side will have the fins with the heat coming off. And since I like keeping my house like an icebox, it will ensure that your side will stay plenty warm.
I would be fine with that, although as much as I love the heat when I'm up and about, I can't lie, I need low humidity to sleep.
I keep the AC at about 78 at night. Maybe I'll spend all day on my side, but at night come sleep over on your side.

That wouldn't be gay, would it? Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:42 PM

30,424 posts, read 21,228,470 times
I was out for about 10 mins around 11am and i hated it. The OP got his wish as the temps and dewpoints sure sucked in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay