Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 05:36 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,280,188 times

Advertisements

I guess the OP wanted no part of my bet.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times
Unlike yesterday where Pasco and Hernando Counties got the rain, almost no one had it today. And as I predicted, it will be drying out again and long range forecasts show very little hope of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will be extremely nice for those who do not like higher dew points and/or thunderstorms, but the storms and associated rains are incredibly important to our area. Here's hoping things get back to normal, but as I have said before.....we tend to bring drought with us wherever we go.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:00 PM

21 posts, read 51,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Unlike yesterday where Pasco and Hernando Counties got the rain, almost no one had it today. And as I predicted, it will be drying out again and long range forecasts show very little hope of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will be extremely nice for those who do not like higher dew points and/or thunderstorms, but the storms and associated rains are incredibly important to our area. Here's hoping things get back to normal, but as I have said before.....we tend to bring drought with us wherever we go.
You are a bit early in your quest for daily storms. It is generally quite hot and dry here near the bay til the end of June, sometimes even into July. You will notice, as others have said, that the early rainy season action takes place farther inland. We can even see the clouds in the distance! SE winds usually spell a bullseye over tampa for tstorms.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,910,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk33615 View Post
You are a bit early in your quest for daily storms. It is generally quite hot and dry here near the bay til the end of June, sometimes even into July. You will notice, as others have said, that the early rainy season action takes place farther inland. We can even see the clouds in the distance! SE winds usually spell a bullseye over tampa for tstorms.
I was not expecting the rainy season to start in full force in early May. By almost all records, the rainy season starts in June, with mid May being the uptick point. But, as I have posted, the forecast for the second half of May is not for it to start getting more humid and higher dew points....lending itself toward more rain and into the rainy season, but instead toward much drier than normal conditions and possible drought.

We shall see what happens, but other than Pasco and Hernando Counties the other day.....near miss for us in northern Pinellas County, it had been a bust when it comes to higher dew points and storms. Remember, the dry season does not mean zero rain. It is just less than the rainy season.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM

385 posts, read 1,113,387 times
I am conflicted. I want the rain, I don't want the heat or dew points that trigger it. I'm enjoying the weather lately but hoping there won't be a drought.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvidae View Post
I am conflicted. I want the rain, I don't want the heat or dew points that trigger it. I'm enjoying the weather lately but hoping there won't be a drought.
There has been one for months now. Still waiting on the OP to take me up on my bet.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:32 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
The guy knows nothing about reading radar or even knows where my other house in west Pasco is. I did offer him a $1k bet to come for himself to see how dry the dirt- dust is in my yard.

I can even take a pic with his name and post number to show everyone i got no rain.

Lets see he if is up to the challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
There has been one for months now. Still waiting on the OP to take me up on my bet.
And you know what?

You could get an inch of rain and the following day the dirt could feel the same as it did the day before the rain.

And how would you judge this bet? You would tell him the dirt is dry, he would say it's not as dry as it was, you would pull out your desk calendar that you supposedly wrote down how much rain you got that day.

And you are going to take a pic with his name and post number to prove you got no rain? In what world does this count as some sort of proof?

Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 PM

892 posts, read 1,578,260 times
I think the point here is......

A person said that they didn't get any rain at thier location......

Another person (who wasn't at or near that location at that time) says that rain fell in that location.....

......And that, in itself, is absolutely ridiculous.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:32 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I think the point here is......

A person said that they didn't get any rain at thier location......

Another person (who wasn't at or near that location at that time) says that rain fell in that location.....

......And that, in itself, is absolutely ridiculous.
Equally ridiculous for someone to claim they can prove it did not rain by feeling the soil the day after the rain. Keep in mind this is his other property so unless he is seriously OCD and drives an hour to and from Pasco every day then how does he know it rained? Is he going to produce another calendar with hand written notes on it?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Equally ridiculous for someone to claim they can prove it did not rain by feeling the soil the day after the rain. Keep in mind this is his other property so unless he is seriously OCD and drives an hour to and from Pasco every day then how does he know it rained? Is he going to produce another calendar with hand written notes on it?
I am back living here for a while as i am making good money renting out the other house. Shows what you know.

The only rain i got was .30" on the 1st, and i can bet the bank that is all i get for the whole month.

You have no clue about my soil, if you wanna call it soil. The next time we get a 1" or more of rain i will take a pic of it the next day and you can tell it had rained. May have to wait a few months before i get any real rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay