Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 06:10 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
It's all over the coast and heavy, heavy, heavy just south of Sarasota. According to WFLA, the sea-breeze IS the reason for the storms.
First of all you need to understand how our seabreeze works and how our summertime patterns vary from day to day, plus how the outflow from other T storms effect and cause others to pop up. You got a long way to go before you even get close to what i know. As i said up above, the seabreez was the main reason the T-storms YOU THOUGHT were headed for YOU ended up missing you and backed up more toward the southeast.

Way down to the south the seabreeze is weaker plus we had some outflow from the main group of T- storms that helped kick off some small storms. Even i got a outflow rush with some clouds, wind and cooler temps over the last 40 mins.

As i said a while back, i am still betting the bank i do not get any real rain this whole month.

Study up and live here for near 50 years before you even get close to me on the weather.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Right along the coast, nice and heavy.

Palm Harbor, FL Interactive Weather Radar Map - AccuWeather.com

Plus one is blowing up in Springhill as I copied and pasted.
heavy? What is heavy to you?

Old 05-20-2013, 06:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,896,649 times
Great video of the storm in Pasco County today.

Can you say HAIL.....to the video.

WFLA.com Videos - WFLA-TV Newschannel 8

Old 05-20-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
First of all you need to understand how our seabreeze works and how our summertime patterns vary from day to day, plus how the outflow from other T storms effect and cause others to pop up. You got a long way to go before you even get close to what i know. As i said up above, the seabreez was the main reason the T-storms YOU THOUGHT were headed for YOU ended up missing you and backed up more toward the southeast.

Way down to the south the seabreeze is weaker plus we had some outflow from the main group of T- storms that helped kick off some small storms. Even i got a outflow rush with some clouds, wind and cooler temps over the last 40 mins.

As i said a while back, i am still betting the bank i do not get any real rain this whole month.

Study up and live here for near 50 years before you even get close to me on the weather.
All I have to do is watch Steve Jerve. I think he understands how it works. He actually has gone to school for it and does it for a living. I just posted a great Pasco County hail storm from today, that he just had on the news.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
All I have to do is watch Steve Jerve. I think he understands how it works. He actually has gone to school for it and does it for a living. I just posted a great Pasco County hail storm from today, that he just had on the news.
None of that does me any good if i don't get the rain. I see it every summer in west Pasco, i can have rain headed my way and it will split apart just like God split the Red sea and it rains within a half mile around my house time after time, and when we are in a reverse west windflow i have nothing but 24/7 sunshine and can't even buy a cloud. And how many times are these so called weather people dead wrong?

I don't need to look at the news to know i'm not gonna get any ran.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM

Cool!

It's now raining in Bayonet Point...on the coast, Pinellas Park....not far from the coast, Dundedin.....on the coast, Clearwater......on the coast, Palm Harbor......on the coast. Cells are now popping good. Dark clouds are blowing up all around me know. I hope it continues.

I'm headed outside in hopes of hearing the storms.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:51 PM

Are you drunk jack? Here is a pic of my area and there is no rain anywhere near the coast. You sure you can even read radar? Nothing even close to my house i am dead on the gulf.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Are you drunk jack? Here is a pic of my area and there is no rain anywhere near the coast. You sure you can even read radar? Nothing even close to my house i am dead on the gulf.
First off, I have ZERO idea where exactly you live.

Secondly, look at your own screenshot. See Lake Tarpon? That is the area I live. See just southwest of Lake Tarpon? That is the Palm Harbor/Dunedin line.....under all that rain....right ON the coast.......on your own radar picture.

And on your OWN radar picture....you can see rain under the 19 symbol.....on the coasts.....and heavier rain bands to the north and south.

Are you looking at your own radar picture? Is it dark in your room? Did your monitor get unplugged?

Not quite sure how you can post a picture showing rain everywhere I said it was, and then claim there is no rain.....except that you made sure not to show the part I was talking about around Clearwater and surrounding areas......for some reason.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
First off, I have ZERO idea where exactly you live.

Secondly, look at your own screenshot. See Lake Tarpon? That is the area I live. See just southwest of Lake Tarpon? That is the Palm Harbor/Dunedin line.....under all that rain....right ON the coast.......on your own radar picture.

And on your OWN radar picture....you can see rain under the 19 symbol.....on the coasts.....and heavier rain bands to the north and south.

Are you looking at your own radar picture? Is it dark in your room? Did your monitor get unplugged?

Not quite sure how you can post a picture showing rain everywhere I said it was, and then claim there is no rain.....except that you made sure not to show the part I was talking about around Clearwater and surrounding areas......for some reason.
It was a screen shot of the radar just showing Pasco county WHERE I LIVE. I don't care what it's doing well south or north of my area. I live just north of the Gulfview mall on the gulf west of US19. You just don't have a clue how our weather works, the fact that YOU SAID i go by what Steve says on Chan 8 proves my point.

The fact is, i got no rain and the fact is i won't get any real rain this whole month unless something really freaky happens.

Just a few days ago YOU SAID i did get heavy rain, not knowing where i live, and up above you again proved that you had no clue where i lived but in fact swore up and down that i got heavy rain a few days ago.

You gots lots to learn, i'm off to bed LOL all the way.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
It was a screen shot of the radar just showing Pasco county WHERE I LIVE. I don't care what it's doing well south or north of my area. I live just north of the Gulfview mall on the gulf west of US19. You just don't have a clue how our weather works, the fact that YOU SAID i go by what Steve says on Chan 8 proves my point.

The fact is, i got no rain and the fact is i won't get any real rain this whole month unless something really freaky happens.

Just a few days ago YOU SAID i did get heavy rain, not knowing where i live, and up above you again proved that you had no clue where i lived but in fact swore up and down that i got heavy rain a few days ago.

You gots lots to learn, i'm off to bed LOL all the way.
You may want to calm down there a bit partner.....LOL!

Regarding what I said before....he is my post:

Quote:
Have a total clue. Watched the radar. All except the far east side of Pasco and Hernando got rain early evening. It is what it is. Now I believe you have mentioned you lived on the west side. If that is correct, your area did in fact get rain. No two ways about it. It may not have been a ton, but it was there. We even got the tail end of it in northern Pinellas, even though it was only a quick downpour.
Now notice the uncertainty about where "exactly" you live. Also, in that particular event, a solid rain band landed on the coast of Pasco County and moved inland......therefore IF you are on the west Pasco coast, you would have received rain.

Besides, I got a calendar and wrote on it that you got rain.....therefore you did.

Now regarding the rain tonight, it was NOT a solid band....therefore without knowing the PRECISE location that you live....I have no clue if you got rain or not. See the difference there?

Regarding my knowledge of weather.....it is much more than you want to believe.....but nothing compared to a pro. Regarding your weather knowledge....it appears less and less impressive as time goes on. Basically had to stop taking it seriously after the calendar dealio.

You made a statement tonight saying RAIN DOES NOT GET CLOSE TO THE COAST this time of year. Actually, here is your quote:

Quote:
Not a drop within 15 miles of my house. Never gets close to the coast this time of year. You can thank the seabreeze for kicking more to the east.
Well, I showed you radar proving that inaccurate.....then you changed locations....then I showed you updated radar showing your more refined selective area actually getting rain......then you posted more radar claiming no rain was near the coast, yet it showed there WAS rain near the coast.

I think it is clear who needs a weather refresher course here.....LOL!

Have a nice night my friend. A good nights sleep will make things clearer in the morn'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay