Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 09:38 AM

741 posts, read 915,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Intelligent responses? Sure if you just disregard FL law and basic human rights.
Neither Florida law nor 'basic human rights' imbue anyone with the unilateral authority to shoot another human being on the basis of what occurred in the theater that day. We've seen the spectacular contortions of logic, perversion of facts and abandonment of reason that's required to arrive at that position (per your posts in this thread).

Again, just a reminder: there's video of what actually happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Rly-Qohu4

You keep chanting this stuff as if it's still an open-ended question.
It isn't.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:06 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
[quote=Spring Hillian;35914888]One incident has nothing to do with the other. Reeves spent his life involved in law enforcement and took that bull by the horns. He is a blessing to the law enforcement community as far as his accomplishments in law enforcement. You are looking at "tough" as a bully or the guy who kicks sand in your face at the beach. That is not my description of tough. For me tough is a person who can perform well under difficult conditions consistently. The guys who hit the beach at Omaha are tough. Those who serve in the military today are tough. Firemen are tough. Law enforcement folks are tough. Every day they are risking their lives for the good of others.

There is a huge difference between feeling "threatened" and being in fear for your life or well being.

Like a million other Floridians, I carry a weapon to avoid being a victim of crime. A way to have either an upper and or a equal hand as an attacker. Simple as that. It is also useful when you are in a situation where your life or well being is at risk. Otherwise it sits quietly at my side bothering nobody.

Yeah, it's real tough to tell your elderly wife to "shut the f**k up", a real man.

FL must not be the paradise you make it out to be, if you feel so unsafe that you must be armed at all times. Granted you see more lowlifes there than do you in other places, but it still doesn't mean you need to be armed at all times either.

And certainly not when you're a hothead, and think others need to act in the same manner that you do.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I have never stated that FL is a "paradise". I have said I think its a great place to live with wonderful natural attributes. I never feel "unsafe" anywhere. However, I do know that there are many people out in this world that have no qualms about harming me, robbing me, attacking me for no reason at all.
Those are the people I desire to protect myself from. I cant make myself victim-proof but I can save myself from being a helpless victim.

Ya know, it always seems to rain when I dont carry an umbrella but I have never been a victim while carrying a weapon. I hope it stays that way.

You're right. People who have low tolerances for aggravation should not own or be near weapons of any kind.

As I stated, there are over 1 million people in FL licensed to carry a concealed weapon. How many times in the course of a year do you hear where one of them used their weapon in an illegal way, killed someone intentionally or even wounded someone. It sure seems that a lot of misconceptions about people who exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and who are willing to exercise their rights under law.

If you or anyone else has no problem being a victim of crime that is your choice. I have chosen otherwise. So have more than a million other Floridians and millions more U.S. Citizens who
have state issued weapons permits.

I cant speak for all of us, but out of the concealed weapons holders that I have met, none of them
wish that the day would come when they would have to use deadly force against another person.
All the talk about concealed weapons permit holders being "emboldened" "looking for a reason" etc
is talk from people who have decided for one reason or another not to exercise their right to do so but are quick to admonish those who do.

[quote=seain dublin;35916532]
Quote:
One incident has nothing to do with the other. Reeves spent his life involved in law enforcement and took that bull by the horns. He is a blessing to the law enforcement community as far as his accomplishments in law enforcement. You are looking at "tough" as a bully or the guy who kicks sand in your face at the beach. That is not my description of tough. For me tough is a person who can perform well under difficult conditions consistently. The guys who hit the beach at Omaha are tough. Those who serve in the military today are tough. Firemen are tough. Law enforcement folks are tough. Every day they are risking their lives for the good of others.

There is a huge difference between feeling "threatened" and being in fear for your life or well being.

Like a million other Floridians, I carry a weapon to avoid being a victim of crime. A way to have either an upper and or a equal hand as an attacker. Simple as that. It is also useful when you are in a situation where your life or well being is at risk. Otherwise it sits quietly at my side bothering nobody.

Yeah, it's real tough to tell your elderly wife to "shut the f**k up", a real man.

FL must not be the paradise you make it out to be, if you feel so unsafe that you must be armed at all times. Granted you see more lowlifes there than do you in other places, but it still doesn't mean you need to be armed at all times either.

And certainly not when you're a hothead, and think others need to act in the same manner that you do.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
All the talk about concealed weapons permit holders being "emboldened" "looking for a reason" etc
is talk from people who have decided for one reason or another not to exercise their right to do so but are quick to admonish those who do.
What makes you think I don't have a carry permit?

I also have 9 years doing Muay Thai and BJJ so 'the last option' isn't my only option to deal with a hostile situation, unlike the Zimmermans, Dunns and Jurotavac's (and I'd bet Spring Hillians) of the world who get themselves into situations they would've otherwise avoided because they know that if anyone disrespects them, THEY CAN SHOW 'EM WHO'S BOSS YOU OUGHT NOT HAVE TALKED BACK... UH, I MEAN... VICTIMIZED ME LIKE THAT!

Such losers. Weak, fearful losers who fancy themselves 'men' because they carry to go get the mail yet wouldn't be able to settle a situation 'man to man' against any given ornery adolescent.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:15 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Are y'all tired of bickering back-and-forth, when there is no way you're going to change each others minds? 57 pages? Really?

Old 08-02-2014, 01:06 PM

People with morally repugnant beliefs must be confronted every step of the way, a light must be constantly shone upon their stupid ideas and appalling narratives at all times.

Its important that people understand Florida is not defined by the Michael Dunns and Spring Hillians of the state.
Yes, they unfortunately exist but they do not stand for what most people in this state stand for and here shortly, a jury will demonstrate that.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:09 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Are y'all tired of bickering back-and-forth, when there is no way you're going to change each others minds? 57 pages? Really?
Frankly I enjoy watching them come up with everything but the kitchen sink. If one angle doesnt fly they will try another and another. They berate Reeves, they berate CWP holders, they berate me. They seem to have very little regard for a persons safety and would rather see a victim injured instead of a victim fighting back. It seems most of them do not think very clearly. They seem to believe that it is OK to attack another person, grab their stuff from them and throw it and to launch missiles at others. They believe what they see on the video tape is gospel but none of them realize that camera is motion activated. A sensor detects the motion and send a signal to begin recording. Those sensors don't wake up right away. Like any other motion detector it needs to Observe an object moving at a generally low speed before it triggers. A person walking into the range of the detector would do it but a bird flying by it would not cause the detector to trigger. Those sensors cant detect moving objects unless the object crosses the field of view and moves within that field of view. If movement continues in the field of view it will not trigger to the off mode until the motion stops. So, the recording is not exactly accurate as far as recording the beginning of the action and may have stopped and again started during the incident.

The facts are:

Oulson was angry that he was told to stop texting and even angrier after Reeves went out of the theater and came back. That angrier response led Oulson to face Reeves while carrying out his verbal attack.
Shortly after he threw an object at Reeves, most likely the cell phone found at Reeves' feet by deputies responding to the scene. Getting even more riled Oulson grabbed a bag of popcorn from Reeves' hands and threw that at him. It was shortly (very shortly) after that when Reeves brought his weapon to level and pulled the trigger once. The question is was Oulson about to throw a punch at Reeves and Reeves detected that about to happen and prevented it from happening by leveling his weapon and pulling the trigger.

My opponents do not want to consider that scenario just as they didnt want to consider that Zimmerman was on the ground face up with Martin on top of him facing him getting his head hit on the concrete. Once the autopsy results showed that Martin's shirt was away from his body at the time the bullet entered the shirt their campaign shifted direction.

The fact that Reeves told his wife to shut the f##% up has been raised. This was AFTER the shooting.
But what is not mentioned is that Oulson began using foul language and that was when Reeves went to get assistance.

Nobody has a problem with Oulson saying, "I am trying to text my f**king daughter, if you don't mind"
as testified to by Deputy Hamilton, a witness. It was that lgraphic language suggested Oulson was angry and threatening.

Why didnt Deputy Hamilton intervene at this point in this argument? He saw and heard what was going on but did nothing but act as a spectator.

What was Oulsen's wife holding him back from when she told him to stop, "its not worth it'. Seems Oulson must have been intent on delivering further harm to Reeves for her to find the need to physically restrain her husband.

Again, my opponents do not want to hold Oulson responsible for his own actions and only look at what Reeves did and said.

To that I say BALONEY.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:12 PM

^ That's what he has to support his position^.

We have what's seen on the video.

Curtis Reeves Shooting - Video from Security Camera - Florida Movie Theater Murder - YouTube

It would be laughable were the matter not so sad.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:23 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaba View Post
^ That's what he has to support his position^.

We have what's seen on the video.

Curtis Reeves Shooting - Video from Security Camera - Florida Movie Theater Murder - YouTube

It would be laughable were the matter not so sad.
I watched the video and I cannot see how you have come to all the conclusions you did. It is not a smooth, nor crystal clear video. It skips along. It does not show Oulson, except for his repeated attacks upon Reeves, when Reeves was completely seated back against his own chair. It appears to me that you are filling in an awful lot of blanks with your own narrative. I think it is going to take the full prosecution and defense presentations to be sure we all understand what actually went down.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I watched the video and I cannot see how you have come to all the conclusions you did. It is not a smooth, nor crystal clear video. It skips along. It does not show Oulson, except for his repeated attacks upon Reeves, when Reeves was completely seated back against his own chair. It appears to me that you are filling in an awful lot of blanks with your own narrative. I think it is going to take the full prosecution and defense presentations to be sure we all understand what actually went down.
I'm not filling in any blanks.
I'm resting my entire position on the same video you just watched.
Nothing there justified shooting and killing a man except in the perverted minds of hyper-authoritarian *******s, cowards and uncivilized Wild West deluded kooks who believe that shooting people is an acceptable response to any altercation because maybe-might-what-if.

Anyway, the question still goes unanswered: If Reeves wife had smacked him upside the head after he told her to 'shut the **** up' (or whatever the variant was), per the position of the pro-shoot crowd, he would've been within his rights to shoot her too, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay