Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 03:36 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
exactly
the bottom line - old dude couldn't control his temper and killed someone and injured another person as a result. There were no real danger to his life. We will see the trail and what jury thinks. I really hope jury will consist of people with common sense.
When u r 71 your life is in great danger from minor falls and accidents. A hit in the face could easily cause death in a senior citizen. That is what Mr. Reeves was trying to avoid. After 2 he was not waiting for the third which according to the autopsy was well on its way.

Yes, common sense is needed here. I would like to see someone express some here.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:44 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Just the way Reeves talked to his wife in front of others gives a good indication of the type of person he is. Telling her to keep her f***** mouth shut.

And Reeves is a damn good shape for a 71yr old man, so let's stop playing the "frail old man" card.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 PM

The way he talked to his wife after the shooting was logical. She could have made statements that could legally impact him. Not in such good shape by the way. Nobody playing "the frail old man card". self defense is self defense.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:21 PM

56 posts, read 110,288 times
[QUOTE[list=1]

"If you werent so biased"

I've seen you make statements like this throughout this thread and I must admit I laugh everytime you accuse others of being biased...

Old 07-30-2014, 05:35 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Keep in mind:Autopsy report indicates movie theater shooting victim raised his hand before gun was fired (the knock out punch on its way)

The autopsy report also mentions unburned powder and debris found on the back of Oulson's right hand.
In order go get unburned gun powder on his hand that hand had to be pretty close to Reeves.

He was often praised for his problem solving abilities to manage stressful situations.
Your opinion only ... if someone aimed a gun at me, I would put up my hand as a natural defense mechanism. Doesn't mean I was trying to deliver the "knockout" blow as you call it.

I bet Reeves is getting lots of praise for solving this problem ... and someone can't explode for the 1st time in later life ? Once again, please review the Upton case in California or the Michael Dunn case in Jax. Some mass murderers don't kill anyone until later in life. We don't know if Reeves might have been under a tremendous amount of stress before he ever set foot in the theater.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:09 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
The way he talked to his wife after the shooting was logical. She could have made statements that could legally impact him. Not in such good shape by the way. Nobody playing "the frail old man card". self defense is self defense.
You can do that without telling someone to "shut the f**k up", if that is how he talks to her out in public imagine how he talks to her in the house.

And yes good shape, you could see he has a sturdy build after he was arrested in that outfit they had him in, he walks upright, had no problem getting in and out of the police car.

Trevor Dooley(another hothead) also tried to pull the scared old man card when he shot and killed the 42yr old Iraqi war veteran in front of his young daughter. He also felt threatened....LOL. So much so that he was sitting in his house and got annoyed looking out the window because some kid was skateboarding on a basketball court(oh the horror!). Something that was none of his business and didn't impact his life in anyway. He also tried to play the old man card, he looked about 10 yrs younger than he was and was also in good shape. In reality, like Reeves he was a hothead who got involved in something that wasn't any of his concern.

Now he is sitting in jail. Not exactly the retirement he planned on.

You're sitting in a nearly empty theater and the person in front of you is annoying you....YA MOVE!

Reeves if far from some frail old man.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:26 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
We don't know if Reeves might have been under a tremendous amount of stress before he ever set foot in the theater.
We don't know if Oulson was eager to find an old man to threaten, bully, and assault. We don't.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 PM

741 posts, read 915,185 times
Quote:
However, we know what happened in that theater. Oulson physically and felonously attacked Reeves.
The reason Spring Hillian doesn't respond to my posts is he suddenly put me on ignore when I proposed a loser-leaves-forever bet on whether or not the jury finds that credible.

Instead of taking the bet, he chose to 'ignore' and just keep repeating it like a mantra.

Deep down, even he knows it's bull****.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
We don't know if Oulson was eager to find an old man to threaten, bully, and assault. We don't.
But we do know that Reeves reported Oulson for texting when Reeves was texting in the theater as well. Oulson did not report Reeves for texting.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 AM

No, not a frail old man but an older man with common health issues for a person his age.
How someone speaks to their spouse is irrelevant. You can "imagine" but you will never know.

Dooley is a different case. I agree with your narration. Yes, he felt threatened but there wasnt any physical attack upon him. He could have turned and walked away without any problem.

Reeves did get involved in something that was his concern. Reeves did not escalate the matter to the use of physical attack.

Neither Dooley or Reeves are sitting in jail.

I am quite sure that no average family man ever thinks that he is going to need to ever use deadly force in his lifetime. Circumstances cause detours.

Yes, Reeves could have moved. He didnt want to. That is his prerogative. He bought a ticket and was entitled to sit where ever he wanted.

If some one tells you to "hush" during a movie you dont wind up physically attacking that person in a normal society. Mr. Oulson let his anger get the best of him and his anger built to the point where he felt physical assault was warranted. Physical assault is never warranted unless your well being is in jeopardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You can do that without telling someone to "shut the f**k up", if that is how he talks to her out in public imagine how he talks to her in the house.

And yes good shape, you could see he has a sturdy build after he was arrested in that outfit they had him in, he walks upright, had no problem getting in and out of the police car.

Trevor Dooley(another hothead) also tried to pull the scared old man card when he shot and killed the 42yr old Iraqi war veteran in front of his young daughter. He also felt threatened....LOL. So much so that he was sitting in his house and got annoyed looking out the window because some kid was skateboarding on a basketball court(oh the horror!). Something that was none of his business and didn't impact his life in anyway. He also tried to play the old man card, he looked about 10 yrs younger than he was and was also in good shape. In reality, like Reeves he was a hothead who got involved in something that wasn't any of his concern.

Now he is sitting in jail. Not exactly the retirement he planned on.

You're sitting in a nearly empty theater and the person in front of you is annoying you....YA MOVE!

Reeves if far from some frail old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay