Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 06:04 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,515,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenme View Post
Bracing for another riot MAniacTHW...I would suspect some are.
I don't compile the statistical data on St Pete, I'm just passing it along.
Welcome to St Pete....don't ask...don't smell.
Hey...up in the sky, its a bird, its a plane, it's another police helicopter.

You can fool some unsuspecting young lady with the flavor of the month nightclub and restaurant lure, but you can't fool and old fool. St Pete is a painted stinky powder keg with too many people with nothing constructive to do, and a natural disaster waiting to happen. Have fun!
That's not the St Petersburg I recognise from the afternoon I spent in it yesterday.
Like most places I know my city is as good or as bad as the hue of the rose-tinted spectacles you wear when visiting it.
But a scene from Blade Runner it ain't.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:17 AM

163 posts, read 184,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
That's not the St Petersburg I recognise from the afternoon I spent in it yesterday.
Like most places I know my city is as good or as bad as the hue of the rose-tinted spectacles you wear when visiting it.
Some people on this forum are truly just bitter stick-in-the-muds who complain about everything. They are either miserable and bitter, or they just don't want anyone else to move to this area. I think they have nothing better to do with their time than burst people's bubbles and/or complain on this forum. I would take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:04 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Ha I was thinking Escape from New York !!!!

Old 07-10-2016, 02:16 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Looks like crime is rampant throughout the Pinellas area, perhaps our op should look elsewhere=
Pinellas County Crime Viewer

Old 07-10-2016, 02:23 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,151,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Looks like crime is rampant throughout the Pinellas area, perhaps our op should look elsewhere=
Pinellas County Crime Viewer
You're kidding, right?

Old 07-10-2016, 02:26 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,701,283 times
oh em gee... The crime in St. pete is nothing to prevent one from moving there. Don't be so scared....St. pete is like the best area in the Tampa bay area IMO. Especially for younger people. Dunedin sounds like snoresville, USA.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:02 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,167,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
oh em gee... The crime in St. pete is nothing to prevent one from moving there. Don't be so scared....St. pete is like the best area in the Tampa bay area IMO. Especially for younger people. Dunedin sounds like snoresville, USA.

Shhhhhh it's getting crowded. ;0

Old 07-11-2016, 06:38 AM

747 posts, read 1,013,339 times
Wow, you're a bright ray of sunshine.

Take a break from your fortified safe-room basement with self-contained sewage macerator and water & air filtration, and give this a whirl: on a nice night, take your significant other to Birch & Vine (the restaurant at the Birchwood in downtown St. Pete), sit yourself down at the bar, order a nice cocktail or cold draft beer and share an order or two of the sous vide St. Louis style babyback ribs. The grilled iceberg wedge is tasty too, and I'd recommend the delicious dressing on the side though, if only because I prefer to put on as much or as little dressing on a salad as fits my taste buds at the moment.

Side note, be sure to dress it up a little bit, it's a classy place and not the dumpy picture you paint of St. Pete. That'll also keep with the theme of those who are in the restaurant, not to mention with the thousands of other people out & about and enjoying life with friends & family. Shockingly, some of them actually live here, as well as nearby in St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Tierra Verde, etc.

While there, wrap it up with a cocktail up on the rooftop Canopy and enjoy the view, and if still hungry, maybe enjoy a nibble or two. I'd recommend the grilled chili-hoisin filet kabobs or the coconut rum shrimp lettuce wrap.

Assuming you don't go for a stroll afterward to enjoy the people watching or poke into one of many stores/boutiques open late, there's a good chance that you won't get mugged while walking 20' to the valet attendant in front of the building. Be sure to text them about 15 minutes before you expect to leave, so they'll have your car waiting right there for you.

Yes it's a terrible life, I don't know how people put up with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenme View Post
I reside in the Urban environment while pointing out many of the real issues that face the St Pete urban dweller. While I understand your maligned view I could just as easily conclude that it's a defensive posture. You've provided no actual factual information on why St Pete could be considered a safe place to reside. For the most part I'm discovering that people like to market their area, perhaps to support the choice to live there. But is it safe, not in comparison to 97% of the American Cities that have less crime.
Is it a clean environment? Not when the City neglects it's 100 year old sewer system for 50 years. Is it a good investment? Not in the face of the high weather risk factors. Does it have good schools, not according the measurement reports. What makes St Pete attractive, it doesn't have snow banks. Though they will provide you with sand bags free of charge. They have booze and food galore, but they don't have the sewer system capable of handling the endless nights of gluttony while its raining.

And tonight our main attraction iiiissss..Bread & Circuses...can you feel the excitement?
Can you smell last night's diner percolating from underground?

Old 07-11-2016, 07:10 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNE17 View Post
Wow, you're a bright ray of sunshine.

Take a break from your fortified safe-room basement with self-contained sewage macerator and water & air filtration, and give this a whirl: on a nice night, take your significant other to Birch & Vine (the restaurant at the Birchwood in downtown St. Pete), sit yourself down at the bar, order a nice cocktail or cold draft beer and share an order or two of the sous vide St. Louis style babyback ribs. The grilled iceberg wedge is tasty too, and I'd recommend the delicious dressing on the side though, if only because I prefer to put on as much or as little dressing on a salad as fits my taste buds at the moment.

Side note, be sure to dress it up a little bit, it's a classy place and not the dumpy picture you paint of St. Pete. That'll also keep with the theme of those who are in the restaurant, not to mention with the thousands of other people out & about and enjoying life with friends & family. Shockingly, some of them actually live here, as well as nearby in St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, Tierra Verde, etc.

While there, wrap it up with a cocktail up on the rooftop Canopy and enjoy the view, and if still hungry, maybe enjoy a nibble or two. I'd recommend the grilled chili-hoisin filet kabobs or the coconut rum shrimp lettuce wrap.

Assuming you don't go for a stroll afterward to enjoy the people watching or poke into one of many stores/boutiques open late, there's a good chance that you won't get mugged while walking 20' to the valet attendant in front of the building. Be sure to text them about 15 minutes before you expect to leave, so they'll have your car waiting right there for you.

Yes it's a terrible life, I don't know how people put up with this.
Birch & Vine also our fave in DTSP.....their soft-shell crab BLT can't be beat! Though I will also give a shout-out to our local fave in Gulfport that we walk to at least once a week (and do not fear being mugged in the dark on our 7 minute walk home)...Pia's Trattoria. Their bi-weekly specials are wonderfully inventive.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 AM

747 posts, read 1,013,339 times
Thanks dothetwist, we haven't had a chance to explore Gulfport yet but friends have recommended several places to eat and go see, we're looking forward to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay