Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:59 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,021,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenme View Post
The data is provided by the St Petersburg PD, if you are able, to formulate a rational question, perhaps you could address them with it.
What's the question?

I simply did the math for you.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:45 PM

747 posts, read 1,013,339 times
Why don't you hone in on where the preponderance of crime is located as opposed to stating general statistics about what is a fairly major metro area?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj23I8hgj28

Quote:
Did the question address which area or St Pete in general? Right
I answered the general question.

Pass-a-grille is a neighborhood in the city of St Pete Beach...not St. Petersburg

I fear that you may not know where you are.

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-25-2016 at 05:27 AM..

Old 07-14-2016, 01:09 AM

131 posts, read 139,885 times
City-Data's own crime stats.... //www.city-data.com/crime/crime...g-Florida.html

Take it up with them /.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:03 AM

163 posts, read 184,125 times
Leenme, you are seriously entertaining!Are you talking about the riots of 1996?? How is that possibly relevant now? Since I've lived here, there have been many peaceful protests and equality-driven events. This is actually the most racially and lifestyle tolerant place I've ever lived, including NYC.

Staying away from people like you is why I choose to live here. This isn't a bubble. I don't want it to be. Anyone who wants to live in a brand new, pristinely homogeneous community needs to stay far, far away from here and any other city with a population over 100k.

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-25-2016 at 05:26 AM..

Old 07-14-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
City-Data's own crime stats.... //www.city-data.com/crime/crime...g-Florida.html

Take it up with them /.
Once again, the crime stats aren't the issue. When the math is done, and assuming that 100% of those people arrested were found guilty, and assuming that 100% of those people were unique arrests and not people who get arrested every week, the crime rate is 6%.

Now, saying that 100% of those arrested were found guilty and saying that 100% of those arrested were individuals is laughable, so the crime rate would be under 6%. But, seeing as I don't have actual numbers, 6% it is.

That said, if 6% of St. Pete is full of criminals, that then means that 94% (AKA: The overwhelming majority) is full of respectable people.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:15 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,968,226 times
There is a ton of crime in St Pete just as there is in Tampa but you won't be living in those areas unless you are extremely low income or otherwise choose to. Its easy to learn what areas are bad then find a job that pays high enough where you dont have to live there, that's the basic formula for anywhere I would think. Sure there is spillover crime in the nicer neighborhoods but nowhere near the levels that make it scary or extremely dangerous.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:20 PM

blah, blah, blah
The riots in st petersburg were ignited by a police shooting. The most resent protests across the nation are inspired by the same.
Where you live, have lived, or why you live here, there or anywhere is irrelevant to me, but perhaps others are enamored by your extensive experience. Asking questions and stating facts shouldn't ignite your or others defenses, it's interesting to me that it does. Oh and yes, whenever civil unrest swells across the nation, communities with a history of violent uprisings and protest prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyb2013 View Post
Leenme, you are seriously entertaining! I log into this site every morning anxious to read what ridiculous comments will be added. Are you talking about the riots of 1996?? How is that possibly relevant now? Since I've lived here, there have been many peaceful protests and equality-driven events. This is actually the most racially and lifestyle tolerant place I've ever lived, including NYC.

Staying away from people like you is why I choose to live here. This isn't a bubble. I don't want it to be. Anyone who wants to live in a brand new, pristinely homogeneous community needs to stay far, far away from here and any other city with a population over 100k.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:40 PM

If you're able to read and comprehend (doubtful at this point) the FBI reports, which is where these statistics are derive from are based upon the likelihood of becoming a Victim. Crimes per 1000.
The likelihood of becoming a victim of crime in st petersburg fl is 97% higher than others cities in the nation. Again....I don't create the FBI data, I'm just using it as a relevant point of reference.

When someone asks if St Petersburg has a crime problem I can point to the FBI report without reservation. I can also point to the County Records report, the SPPD's own internal crime and performance report, Neighborhood-Watch, City-Data crime reports, nightly news broadcasts and articles in the local newspapers. What was it that you offered, your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Once again, the crime stats aren't the issue. When the math is done, and assuming that 100% of those people arrested were found guilty, and assuming that 100% of those people were unique arrests and not people who get arrested every week, the crime rate is 6%.

Now, saying that 100% of those arrested were found guilty and saying that 100% of those arrested were individuals is laughable, so the crime rate would be under 6%. But, seeing as I don't have actual numbers, 6% it is.

That said, if 6% of St. Pete is full of criminals, that then means that 94% (AKA: The overwhelming majority) is full of respectable people.

Old 07-14-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
What was it that you offered, your opinion?
It's called math. You clearly don't understand it.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:23 PM

Would I recommend to a young lady of 25 years move to St Petersburg NO

Warning...to those in need of an Air-head refueling station.
The following data requires a working comprehension of basic arithmetic.
Higher numbers are better than lower numbers

FBI Crime Index
St Petersburg Floirda Crime Data
Value 3
(100 is safest)
Safer than 3% of
the cities in the US.

> comparative analysis<

Tampa Crime Data
Value 19
(100 is safest)
Safer than 19% of
the cities in the US.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 08-04-2016 at 07:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay