Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 08:42 PM

330 posts, read 1,084,930 times

Advertisements

[quote=
We spent whole weekends snowed in up north. Missed work because roads were impassable. -20 degrees - 40 mph winds - 6 to 10 foot high drifts. Yuck. Dig out the driveway to get out, dig it out again to get back in.

I was just up there last week for a funeral, couldn't wait to get back. The roads suck as soon as you get north of Kentucky. They still have deep pot holes and it's July. The roads are all patches on patches.

If you haven't lived in it, you don't have a clue.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Im from Syracuse, 120 something inches of the white stuff every year! Just going down to the store is a dangerous adventure on some days. Driving in the whiteouts is about as dangerous drive as it gets. Not a chance in he$# I would every complain about the heat. Like you said, People who haven't lived in it dont have a clue. Bring on the heat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 11:42 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo's Garage View Post

If you haven't lived in it, you don't have a clue.
Oh...I've lived it. Hell on earth in summer. Great in winter. One summer in Sarasota was all I needed.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:16 PM

Well I got here today staying on st Pete beach. At least as far as today goes it’s not any hotter than I’ve seen it in Atlanta. No big deal. I expect to sweat a little when I’m in Florida.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:22 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc19694339 View Post
Well I got here today staying on st Pete beach. At least as far as today goes it’s not any hotter than I’ve seen it in Atlanta. No big deal. I expect to sweat a little when I’m in Florida.
It was cloudy a good part of the day ray. Atlanta was much worse than anything here back in June of 1986. Now that was real heat pete. 98 to 99f everyday we were on that job bob on Peach tree street.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:56 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Well at the beach is the place to be I guess...although I would stick to the pool...gulf is like swimming in urine...true if you from Atlanta your heat/humidity tolerance will be greater than most...Have fun and stay cool!!!

Old 07-09-2018, 07:00 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Beautiful weekend we just had. It was wifey's birthday weekend so we were able to host a grill and chill for family and friends. So relaxing outside in the florida sunshine. Built a water table for my grandson it was a hit! We had two blenders mixing drinks for everyone, helps to have a bartender in the family. Used my "vortex" inside my weber grill to make some crispy chicken wings to start. Our "cool" tub was in use thank god for eight seats. Margarita's, corona and street tacos filled the afternoon. Thanks to the Sun Gods we didn't get washed out by rain all weekend.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:20 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
ATL had a cold front move through over the weekend and the high temp was 78. IN JULY.
You will never see that in Florida unless it's January.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Beautiful weekend we just had. It was wifey's birthday weekend so we were able to host a grill and chill for family and friends. So relaxing outside in the florida sunshine. Built a water table for my grandson it was a hit! We had two blenders mixing drinks for everyone, helps to have a bartender in the family. Used my "vortex" inside my weber grill to make some crispy chicken wings to start. Our "cool" tub was in use thank god for eight seats. Margarita's, corona and street tacos filled the afternoon. Thanks to the Sun Gods we didn't get washed out by rain all weekend.
And some people call this hell? Weather has been great here for our stay so far.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:55 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:
And some people call this hell? Weather has been great here for our stay so far.
The past couple of days have felt cooler to me. And my car, instead of it showing an exterior temp of 89-91 it has been showing 87.

So I think it's been cooler.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:07 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
My tomatoes were doing great until these last three weeks of constant rain. Sure is nice to have some sunshine back. Anytime you can spend the day in a bathing suit its a good day! Unless of course your backyard makes it optional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay