Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:17 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,571 times

Advertisements

Kerry, so glad to know you are alright. If you like I can make some phone calls or do whatever long distance I can help with since you are still under the weather. Just say the word. And also I will be driving right past Fall creek falls the day before, so if I need to stop by and check anything out let me know. I am so excited I can finally meet ya'll- Yes I am from Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 05:00 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,432 times
Smile YEAH!!!! Kerry's back - Let the Partying Begin!!!

Kerry, you sure had us all worried!!! Of course we were all imagining the worse - and I for one am thankful to hear that you are ok .....and that your girlfriend's surgery went well! Hubby and I had that 'crud' the first two weeks of January and it didn't seem like it would ever go away - but hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel

I'm also in FL - but heading to East TN PERMANENTLY on April 1st, so if there is anything I can do, count me in!

I bet your mailbox was overflowing yesterday........just consider all of the notes as GET WELL wishes!!

We can hardly wait till April 19th.......wooooooohoooooo

Hope you were able to get some rest last night and once again............

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Bette

Old 02-20-2008, 06:06 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,657,750 times
Hey Kerry, now that you have returned to the land of the living and all is relatively well I have just one little question...

Is your Mom coming with that kickin' Koolaid pie? hehe

Old 02-20-2008, 07:15 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
Could we nail down April 19 and if it has to be outdoors, so be it?

I'd love to at least have the date and general location in pen, then we could finalize details (catering vs. potluck vs. picnic) as time goes by.

This is awesome, I can't wait!

We could maybe make a sticky for this get together with a "definite" list of people who plan to be there? That might help with planning (numbers) as well at some point. Plus it'd be interesting to see who all's coming!

Glad all's well and hope you're feeling better, Kerry!

Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
Default Welcom back Klynt

So glad to hear from you Kerry!
Yes, I will put up a new sticky thread for a head count but first we need a bit more info. We know this is planed for April 19th and Fall Creek Falls, but a cost per person for the buffet is important. Can you post that info in this thread please Kerry? Also a time frame for starting would be good info.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
We could use the cost per person for the buffet, assuming it's a buffet (i.e. "worst case cost scenario" kwim?)

Awesome that we're actually pinning this down! yay!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 AM

315 posts, read 1,006,571 times
Also once we figure out how much we owe, then we need to figure out how we are going to pay for it. Whether we send it right to Fall Creek Falls or send it to one person and then they send it to Fall Creek Falls. I am so glad this is back on!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 AM

58 posts, read 149,612 times
COUNT US IN!
Where is this park? East TN ?
I'm new to this list and BONES just referred me to this thread; THANKS BONES!
I'm starting a newcomer club too, for anyone including natives. The moment I figure out how to start a thread. (Can't be that tough.)
Please let me know when this will happen! Actually Yahoo has calendars that can be made visible to anyone you invite to use them. Maybe you should use that and everyone should give you an email address? I'm at ddcortland@yahoo.com
Also, we are more than happy to pitch in. Sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
So glad to hear from you Kerry!
Yes, I will put up a new sticky thread for a head count but first we need a bit more info. We know this is planed for April 19th and Fall Creek Falls, but a cost per person for the buffet is important. Can you post that info in this thread please Kerry? Also a time frame for starting would be good info.
... what the heck is a sticky? Like a Yahoo calendar thing?
I feel like a moron...

Last edited by mbmouse; 02-24-2008 at 06:00 PM..

Old 02-24-2008, 11:32 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times
Default Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcortland View Post
... what the heck is a sticky? Like a Yahoo calendar thing?
I feel like a moron...
Sticky as in stuck in one place does not move......

I guess this is where every one is heading in April. ?

Tennessee State Parks: Fall Creek Falls

Old 02-24-2008, 12:19 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,137,125 times
Wink Sticky it up there, MB!

Ddcortland, the sticky will always be the top thread on the TN homepage no matter how many other threads are being posted on. Makes it really easy and convenient! Just like the "sticky: Tennessee Pictures" thread up there now.

Just look for the first thread. It will smack you right between the eyes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee