Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
And what's that supposed to mean? Did you just call me fat?
No. I'm saying we like pie!

And barbeque . . . and potato salad . . . and ribs . . . and hash browns . . . and baked beans . . . and cole slaw . . . and chocolate cake . . . and fried chicken . . . and macaroni and cheese . . . and, well, just about everything (except those ramps and grits).

;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Are ramps in at that time?.......

Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
I LOVE grits!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Arrow I second it !

O'yes!! need too set a place and a date........

Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,314,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
so what about all the people who jumped on the "Forum Get-together" band wagon earlier this year only to no-show. You know who you are!

What can be done to get everyone to follow through? Should we have a dunking booth with some moderators in the tank? How about a pie throwing contest? Take that mbmouse for cutting my post! hehe

you know I love you M-B
Hey hey hey! Some way to show the love there TriDad, chucking pies at me and dunking me??? Geesh.
umm.....I think I am busy that weekend, guess you'll have to be my substitute, stand in pie catcher and above tank sitter LOL!!!
But I do know what you mean, it takes a lot of time and even money to arrange a get together like this. It would be nice to get true confirmation of those who will be there so it can be planed properly.

I know you were just kidding about the dunk tank (man I hope so anyway!) but that gives me an idea. Back when I was a kid where I grew up we had something called "Lake Hayward Days" (the community was called Lake Hayward) at the end of every summer season and there were all kinds of cool games that everyone, of any age, could get involved with like egg toss, water balloon toss, egg on a spoon race and other such fun games. If anyone is interested, I could arrange and bring the stuff for these fun little activities and we could rename it from "Forum Get Together" to "City-Data Day" hehehehe. What do y'all think? Or would everyone prefer to just sit, eat and chat, which also makes for a good day?

Old 10-05-2007, 05:09 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,067,837 times
MB, don't forget the "dunk tank" ......

Old 10-05-2007, 05:24 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
MB, don't forget the "dunk tank" ......
Or the drunk tank . . .

Old 10-05-2007, 05:57 PM

390 posts, read 1,701,229 times
That sounds like fun, MB!

As far as TriDad goes, all I can say is, I'm so sorry .....Can you imagine living with that all the time? Just kidding, he's the best, even when the fun is at my expense

Old 10-05-2007, 06:28 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,132,290 times
Smile Sounds like a lot of fun to us, y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Hey hey hey! Some way to show the love there TriDad, chucking pies at me and dunking me??? Geesh.
umm.....I think I am busy that weekend, guess you'll have to be my substitute, stand in pie catcher and above tank sitter LOL!!!
But I do know what you mean, it takes a lot of time and even money to arrange a get together like this. It would be nice to get true confirmation of those who will be there so it can be planed properly.

I know you were just kidding about the dunk tank (man I hope so anyway!) but that gives me an idea. Back when I was a kid where I grew up we had something called "Lake Hayward Days" (the community was called Lake Hayward) at the end of every summer season and there were all kinds of cool games that everyone, of any age, could get involved with like egg toss, water balloon toss, egg on a spoon race and other such fun games. If anyone is interested, I could arrange and bring the stuff for these fun little activities and we could rename it from "Forum Get Together" to "City-Data Day" hehehehe. What do y'all think? Or would everyone prefer to just sit, eat and chat, which also makes for a good day?
The egg toss, egg/spoon race, 3 legged race, peanut toss (for the kids), paper plate frisby contest, et al, are all fun group things that we did when I was a kid at our huge family get-togethers and reunion. Guess what, we're still doing them and loving them just as much (although, I am no longer included in the kids' peanut toss! Drat!).

I think that is a great idea, mbmouse. Hopefully, hubby and I will be relocated, to a rental to start with, by then and I will be glad to help. If we aren't physically moved to E. TN by then, we will still be there (can't wait to see TriDad go in the drunk tank, or excuse me, dunk tank). I will be glad to help long-distance as much as I can. It's only 200 miles for us.

Cannot wait. Sure hope that everyone else can make it. Just think, Spring, flowers in bloom, long dreary winter over, lots of fun. Everybody who can - join in.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Arrow The Dunking Drunking Tank

Is this a before and after thing.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee