Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:28 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,074,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post

I guess this is where every one is heading in April. ?
We'll all be there. Even cows will be allowed just for Phyll......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklynnt View Post
Wow, I better check in before you get the cows saddled up and track me down

Sorry to leave everyone hanging, My girlfriend had back surgery (everything went great with that) and then I managed to catch the little cold/flu bug that seems to be going around everywhere here right now. I've been down and out for about 2 weeks and can't seem to shake this stuff.

Everybody has been sick around here to include the park workers. Schools have even been closed because of this.

Anyway...here's the deal on the get together. (If the CDC doesn't quarantine me)

Right now I am waiting for the park to tell me that April 19 is available for certain. Seems another group has the room I want locked up but they don't know for sure if they will be using it.

This is the only room that they do the private buffet for, and I wanted to get it for all day.

If I can't get the private buffet room I can still get another conference room and we can just eat in the main dining hall if that sounds OK to everyone.

Given the crazy weather we had last year, I'm shooting for something inside at this point...I can get a shelter but I'm afraid that it might be too cool --who knows...the ground was white with snow here this morning!!!!

I'm also open for suggestions...so you guys let me know what you might want to do and I'll see if I can get it done.

I realize that we are at the point where we need to get things locked in so everyone can make plans.

At some point I will need an approximate headcount of those that want to attend. Just a rough estimate will work. I just want to make sure we get a big enough place.

Any questions feel free to email me or DM me.

Thanks to all of you guys for checking on me...Kerry
I'm happy to hear that you are okay. I will definitely attend. If you solidify the date, I would like to stay overnight. Also, if I am there overnight I'd be happy to help with everything you need help with the morning of the day of the event. Just PM me and tell me what I can do for you.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:05 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
Any confirmed details there Kkylnnt? I am going to "stick" a new thread at the top with the link to the park, the day and ask for a head count but you will need to let us know if we can do the buffet thing and an approximate cost per person for that. Also if there seems to be like there are several interested in staying at the hotel/lodge or what ever it is, can you see if there is a group discount rate for rooms? If so, how many rooms will we need to book to get the discount?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee