Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:22 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,074,139 times

Advertisements

Well if Gem is flexible, I am also......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 07:06 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,433,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklynnt View Post
My mom and I had such a wonderful time at this first get together that I thought I would try to host one at Fall Creek Falls.

I think I can get us either a conference room at the Inn or the group lodge.
If I hold my mouth just right I can get food catered to us at either place.

We can make this an all day thing and people can get out and explore the park.

There is swimming, hiking, golfing,all sorts of ball fields, fishing, if you have a camera then you will definitely want to grab some pictures of the waterfalls. (256 feet tall)

I'm pretty sure I heard "Bones" say he would personally guide anyone if they want to hike to the bottom of the big falls.

And we would definitely have to have a fishing tournament...

At any rate, I am so proud to see such nice people in our state and I'll pick up the tab for the meeting area, and pay to have the food brought to us.

This will be my way of saying welcome to Tennessee and giving others a chance to get in on the fun.

Let's toss this around and see if anyone is interested...spring would be a great time to do this. Kerry
Kerry, this is a great idea and I'll be there. No friends with emergencies this time. I refuse to allow it! I was so bummed that I missed the last one - I'd so been looking forward to meeting you!!

Old 12-31-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
I am still entertaining 13 holiday guests -WHEW- so I did not take the time to go back through the posts on this thread. However, if I recall, mid to late April was thrown around as a good time for most. (My boys & their families all go home on Jan.1, then I will be around much more often - so prepare yourselves.)

A weekend day (preferably Saturday to avoid Sunday worship service conflicts) would be the most logical.

I, for one, think that once that date is solidly set, we can get started on making a list of who will attend, bring what dishes or condiments, and what events we would like to include. (TriDad is very anxious to go into the drunk tank - er, dunk tank!) And, the egg toss is a given!

So, in April we have Saturday, April 12, 19, or 26. Does it make sense to have each attendee vote on a date and use the following Saturday as a rain date? Or have it on the most favored day no matter what the weather?

How about a little discussion from those who plan on attending to get the ball rolling. We retirees need lots of advance notice to accommodate our hectic schedules. lol.

I would vote for April 19 just for the sake of starting things off, but we are very flexible.

I'm good with the 19th. I'll be in Maine on the weekend of the 11th/12th. Please not that weekend. I couldn't bear to miss another forum get together!!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:56 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times
Maybe we can sticky thread this up next too photo's and see who wants what date and where. Last I knew it was Falls Creek State Park.....

Old 12-31-2007, 04:00 PM

390 posts, read 1,702,057 times
Anyone seen Kerry around lately? Oh Kerry......Where are you???

Old 12-31-2007, 04:30 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,684,899 times
kerry's getting married?!!!??!?!?!!?

let's crash the wedding and hold the reunion there

Old 01-01-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
kerry's getting married?!!!??!?!?!!?

let's crash the wedding and hold the reunion there
They're getting married???? How'd you find that out?? That's fabulous news!! He's such an awesome guy - he deserves happiness!!

I have the bottle of Jack to pour in the wedding punch.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:43 AM

94 posts, read 387,745 times
Default Still alive and kicking

Hey guys I'm still around...just haven't posted anything in a while.

As for an update on the get together...I'm waiting for the park to tell me what I can get as far as a shelter or conference room sometime in April. I may also be able to get the group lodge.

I'm actually going there today to eat lunch so I may find out something today.

Food wise, I personally would like to let the park prepare the food -- that way everyone can be free to get out and relax and explore the park. They can pretty much do anything we need...it will just be a matter of getting the numbers of who will be attending. We can just schedule a time to eat and then everyone can show up. Course, those that like to cook would be free to make whatever they wish to add to the vittles.

Right now...I'm waiting for to see which place I can get and when. Then we can work out what we want to do as far as the food.

I'm hoping we can schedule this so it works out for everyone. Can't wait.

Kerry

Old 01-01-2008, 08:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kklynnt View Post
Hey guys I'm still around...just haven't posted anything in a while.

As for an update on the get together...I'm waiting for the park to tell me what I can get as far as a shelter or conference room sometime in April. I may also be able to get the group lodge.

I'm actually going there today to eat lunch so I may find out something today.

Food wise, I personally would like to let the park prepare the food -- that way everyone can be free to get out and relax and explore the park. They can pretty much do anything we need...it will just be a matter of getting the numbers of who will be attending. We can just schedule a time to eat and then everyone can show up. Course, those that like to cook would be free to make whatever they wish to add to the vittles.

Right now...I'm waiting for to see which place I can get and when. Then we can work out what we want to do as far as the food.

I'm hoping we can schedule this so it works out for everyone. Can't wait.

Kerry
I don't know about anyone else but I'm really excited about this. It's less than 4 months away.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,074,139 times
Kerry, you avoided the getting married thingy......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee