Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:59 AM

59 posts, read 219,190 times

Advertisements

wordy I would like to think your right since the world has become a cess pool and I am not sure americans are putting all of their energy into the proper issues, and the economy could suffer harm because of issues like immigration, terrorism etc. it will not crumble however because the gays are getting married thats just pure ignorance lol have a good weekend all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 08:11 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
I would imagine, to get the thread back on the subject of Tennessee, someone from TN might have some insight into things Thompson has done while a Senator?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 AM

74 posts, read 295,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1156 View Post
I think your to late ! alot of gay people are moving to tn including myself , shame on you this is 2007 and you can,t change that why don,t you worry about more important things such as global warming or whats gonna happen with terrorists! people have their backs up about gay marriage well let me say I have been with the same person 15 yrs so what makes you an expert on the subject?

I live in Colorado but was born/raised in Nashville and still feel it is home. Also am a 'died in the wool' conservative, BUT am liberal when it comes to some social issues. Gay marriage? Why not? It would do nothing toward my marriage; no change; it has no bearing on mine at all. Marriage is both a legal issue and a religious one. On the legal side one size should fit all. On the religious side, totally personal.

As for global warming, ok yeah, well I choose to believe the scientist who say it is the natural chain of events that has happened more than once on this great earth. Yes, we humans may be contributing the on the greater scheme of things mother natural will takes it course.

Further, I dont believe one iota out of Al Gore's mouth! I don't like him, his wife, his family and in my mind he has no redeaming qualities. Let him take his tobacco raising $$ and Tipper's stance on music back to the country clubs they came from!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
I have no problem with gays, sir. I just believe that a marriage takes place between two people of different genders. I'm sorry you disagree. Have a great day.

Isnt this confusing reproduction with marriage?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:15 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
Umm, no.

Back to the topic:

Any Tennesseeans have any info on Fred Thompson and his Tennessee history in the Senate?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I guess this far into my post it's needless to say it, but you asked what I thought of Fred Thompson - what a joke. I wish he would circulate his resume. Please, at least elect someone who's had some experience!

Experience?
Although Fred Thompson has been a senator only a few years, he comes with lots of experience!
How about...

"While he might be new to Congress, however, he is not a new face in politics. His first experience began more than two decades ago as chief Republican counsel to the Senate Watergate Committee. It was there that Thompson asked the question that led to public disclosure of the infamous "Watergate tapes": "Mr. Butterfield, are you aware of the installation of any listening devices in the Oval Office of the president?"

cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/gen/resources/players/thompson/

Also although Wikipedia is not necessarily the best source but lots of info on him there.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:14 AM

59 posts, read 219,190 times
umm,yes .... politics and religion ! we are breaking the golden rule here folks after all I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some people just don,t get it, you can,t run other peoples lives just to satisfy your own beliefs... period. and on the subject of thompson c,mon guys the reality of it is it ain,t gonna happen

Old 10-07-2007, 10:59 AM

104 posts, read 452,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch1156 View Post
umm,yes .... politics and religion ! we are breaking the golden rule here folks after all I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some people just don,t get it, you can,t run other peoples lives just to satisfy your own beliefs... period. and on the subject of thompson c,mon guys the reality of it is it ain,t gonna happen
[SIZE=3]Why do you say aint gonna happen, you obviously don’t follow politics, or either you are a psychic and can see a year in to the future, how much can change in one year? Thompson is barely below Giuliani in the polls for the primaries.[/SIZE]

Old 10-07-2007, 11:35 AM

104 posts, read 452,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Have made contributions to 2 Republican candidates. They have to be strong on National Security and Taxes. The one that addresses illegal immigration beyond border security (visa overstays, anchor babies, punishing businesses) in addition to the issue of suburban crime related to drugs (which none of them talk about) will get my vote.

Incidently, if you want to see which candidate you match up with on the issues, try this presidential campaign calculator:

Find Your Candidate for the 2008 Election – VAJoe.com – Where the Military Matters Most

It asks you if you support a list of issues and you respond yes, no or unsure and then it does something unique --- it asks you if the issue is of high, low or medium importance to you.

It does not ask for any personal information.
Thanks that was great calculator, I put I was going to vote for Thompson (I have been torn between Thompson and Huckabee) and it said I was most like Huckabee

Old 10-07-2007, 11:56 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That calculator is fantastic!

It gave me Ron Paul. That doesn't surprise me.
Was it a 100% match?

Because I actually got a 100% match on a particular candidate which surprised me. I did it 3 times because I couldn't believe it. I have to believe that candidate isn't articulating his positions all that well since I still consider myself undecided.

By the way, Fred Thompson, Tennessee's own, will make his debate debut this Tuesday in a debate sponsored by the Wall Street Journal and MSNBC/CNBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: