Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 AM

7,542 posts, read 17,241,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
Gay Marriage (an oxymoron) should be a states rights issue.
If same-sex marriage is to be a theme of only state-level governments, then equally should heterosexual marriage, too.

Not sure it would change anything, but we should deal with these things equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
I reckon I wouldn't have a problem with that, jab--

Old 10-23-2007, 05:40 PM

74 posts, read 295,332 times
Default anyone catch the last GOP debate?

Fred Thompson has posted his "Boder Security and Immigration Reform plan"
3w.fred08.com/virtual/Immigration.aspx

3w = www (be sure to edit in you browser)

Old 10-23-2007, 06:15 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makupfool View Post
Fred Thompson has posted his "Boder Security and Immigration Reform plan"
3w.fred08.com/virtual/Immigration.aspx

3w = www (be sure to edit in you browser)
I read it, I like his plan, it makes sense. Wow a politician that has common sense, what a refreshing concept.

You can put links to public/non advertising sites, now worries there. By writing it that way were you trying to hide the fact it was a link or something? hhhehehehehe

Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 PM

Like anybody would get anything past you, mouse!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:06 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Like anybody would get anything past you, mouse!
Yea I am a sneaky little rodent, but sometimes I am off eating cheese and miss stuff hahahahahha

Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
You can put links to public/non advertising sites, now worries there. By writing it that way were you trying to hide the fact it was a link or something? hhhehehehehe

I didnt know that. I figured as long as it wasnt clickable then it would be ok.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Anybody catch the last GOP debate?

I kinda fell for the Huckabee. The Ron Paul guy has some really good thoughts on matters but his problem as he comes across whiney and not very articulate. Romney makes me think of the pretty boy guy that was on the Carol Burnett Show back in the 70's, and he always sounded like he was going for sounds bites and jabs at the Hill which makes it look like she has it in the bag, (whether she does or not) he should focus on his message and not other candidates so much.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:00 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,974,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
If same-sex marriage is to be a theme of only state-level governments, then equally should heterosexual marriage, too.

Not sure it would change anything, but we should deal with these things equally.
Who may or may not get married is already legislated at the state level. Some states allow cousins to marry, for example, while others forbid it. Some require a waiting period, others (like Nevada) don't. Some require blood tests, others don't.

So if a state like Tennessee decides that two people of the same sex can have a civil union but not be married, then I think Tennessee should be allowed that option. After all, the US is not a democracy, it's a republic.

I personally couldn't care less if two men or two women or four women and five men all wanted to get married. I just don't think it's one of the constitutional responsibilities of the federal government to determine that; it should be left up to the individual states.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:34 AM

I liked Huckabee too, but haven't really looked into him since I heard him saying that CEO's of companies make too much money (or something like that). In my mind, a CEO should make as much money as the market will pay them.

Like when you hear people complain about big corporation executives making too much money. Hey, isn't that American? To work your way up to make a lot of money? And if you can't, you can't. That's American too.

What's unamerican is laws that regulate our salaries and would somehow put a limit on what execs can make.

Hey, minimum wage I understand. But on the other end of it, why should there be a limit? Isn't our country built on incentives and motivation?

I think having a country that plays Robin Hood takes away the incentive for people to have some pride and work hard.

After all, if I can make the same money by sitting at home, why in the world would i go out and try to better myself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: