Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,325,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Instead of hammering 13 years of US history into our kids' heads I wish that we instead taught them how to really pick a candidate for president that matches their viewpoints.
Here Here! Very good point! So many people look so hard at the president elect but don't look at all who they will choose as cabinet members, which party has control over house and senate,the effects and ramifications of that and so forth. Not that every, or even a huge percentage of registered voters vote, but the highest number of voters turn out for president elections verses those for the other branches of government which in a lot of cases can cause more damage and or effect that presidential elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,241,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Well, I believe that in your efforts to prove yourself "righteous" you will donate an additional half a vote to Hillary. I think that's dopey but I'm weird like that.
I actually like Hillary and wouldn't mind at all having her as president, so...

Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,380,141 times
Default Shrillary

Is it just me, or is Shrillary's voice as irritating as fingernails on a chalkboard?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:16 PM

119 posts, read 396,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I actually like Hillary and wouldn't mind at all having her as president, so...
Ahhhhhhhhhh...NOW I understand.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:59 PM

59 posts, read 219,190 times
her voice could never be as nauseating as bushes and the sounds that come out make more sense....

Old 10-14-2007, 08:32 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
ha! let's keep this about tennessee and fred thompson shall we, so it doesn't get moved to the mire over in the politics forum?

Old 10-18-2007, 07:15 AM

113 posts, read 333,225 times
Fred: I like him on film, he appears to be like Reagan but I question what did he ever do for Tennessee. !!??

On voting for people who don't stand a chance of winning even though I might totally approve of them...right - This is too serious to set up someone I don't want "running" the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguillot View Post
GA boy,

I'll second that! Thank you for your service to our country!

Thank you, American, Georgia Man. Thank you for serving and for your sacrifice...God be with you.

Last edited by mbmouse; 10-18-2007 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-18-2007, 08:40 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
Me, I like that while I don't agree with everything Thompson says, at least he says the same thing from one week to the next. He's not giving in to the pressure to act hysterical and backstab. He's a grownup.

And he has a chance of winning, unlike my alleged "perfect match" who is supposed to be Huckabee (although I didn't think I agreed with him as much lol).

I refuse to dig my heels in and vote for someone who doesn't stand a chance--which would give a half a vote to Hillary; I would sooner vote for my 2-year-old son who has a better grip on reality.

Oh, and he reminds me--a lot--of my grandfather who was a very, very wise man. Irrelevant but it feels good lol

Old 10-19-2007, 06:11 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,805,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makupfool View Post
As a conservative, I have little love for The Shrub!
Being a woman, I see your point, but not THAT woman!
AMEN TO THAT! Our country is already going to heck in a handbasket, and IF that woman gets back into the White House - SHAME, SHAME. SHAME on us for letting it happen, and Goodnight and Goodbye to the Constitution!

I've been busy lately - my daughter got married on Oct 13th. Just now getting back into the forums. I also changed jobs, am no longer with LM. The one I'm with now is a bit too far to travel, but I'm hoping to get hired by a company much closer.

I haven't read all the way thru all the messages in this thread, but had to jump in.

So far, I am for Fred Thompson. He's the only candidate that I've actually sent a donation to. I really like Ron Paul on the domestic issues - he is a strict Constitutionalist - and has the absolute right view on the government. But, when it comes to Iraq, I totally disagree with him.

BTW: Ga-inIraq - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! I'll keep you in my prayers, along with all of our other service-men and women doing their Patriotic duty. God Bless All Of You!

Fred Thompson, as far as I'm concerned, has the right viewpoint also on the role of government - hands off - the less you see and hear, the better - and that's the way our Founding Fathers wanted and intended it to be.

Totally revise the tax code. Get rid of the IRS. So far, FT is looking positively on the Fair Tax HR 25.

Protect our borders.

Gay Marriage (an oxymoron) should be a states rights issue.

blessings, Shen

Old 10-19-2007, 08:01 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,860 times
Fred, absolutely!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: