Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 11:09 PM

82 posts, read 416,458 times

Advertisements

Hawk - I tried to "rep" you on the picture, but I haven't given enough other people "reps" lately. But - NICE fish!

Lisa - the driveway is looking so good! Will you increase the size of your pond? You mentioned that some of the fish Mike caught were "too big" for your pond.

Love the pics of Nikki - she is so cute!

Thanks again for sharing your life!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I see you two are just lazing around, as usual! HA!
You're so funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When i was about 10, i bought my first Mitchell 300 spinning reel. From the pic Mikes reel looks kinda like a Mitchell reel...
I still use mine sometimes. works fine.

I catch (usually c&r)quite a few fish using Rapala or Rebel shallow diving lures in spring, in earthtone colors. Also use some Kastmaster spinners in gold or silver. Bobber & nightcrawler works good too.

Have a Beautiful Evening Y'all...
I love your picture. That was some fish. Thanks for sharing, Where was that? Mike's lucky lure is a Rebel but I can't remember the model.

jlrbhjmnc- I hope the fish are happy in their new home.

JEANNE61- Lucky you. I have a few more weeks at least before I can pick tomatoes but I do have ones just starting. I also have some really tiny beans and the squash us already growing.

Sorry, I haven't heard anything from FB. Check her contact info and send her an e-mail. Maybe Chris will answer if she can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Sweet Pea View Post
Lisa - the driveway is looking so good! Will you increase the size of your pond? You mentioned that some of the fish Mike caught were "too big" for your pond.

Love the pics of Nikki - she is so cute!

Thanks again for sharing your life!
I would love a big pond like we had but we didn't want to "dig" one out so we just added a wall. It goes with the natural lay of the land. Mike is happy with it so that's what counts. We need to plant a shade tree down there and put some kind of bench.....now to keep the cows away.

Poor Niki girl is getting old. She comes up to check the garden with me but she won't follow me back down to the house. She doesn't trust that I won't turn around and go up top again She gets tired.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:36 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,218,757 times
I admire you both so very much. You both are dedicated and are not afraid of hard work. You both work nicely together.

Hawk, that is a beautiful bass fish.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 PM

182 posts, read 780,353 times
i dont know her email . .and i've never been able to post on her blog .. an American Homestead , ???

Old 06-23-2010, 11:00 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Poor Niki girl is getting old. She comes up to check the garden with me but she won't follow me back down to the house. She doesn't trust that I won't turn around and go up top again She gets tired.
Lisa, I think the time is coming when you're going to have to carry Niki at least one way.

I love the pond. All you need there are a few shade trees and a nice chair to relax on.

Thanks for another nice installment.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:43 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,615,838 times
Loving the new pond Lisa! Keep catching more fish!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,146,025 times
I got my Nikki fix with these pics! What a cutie!

Looks like fun fishing! Love all the pics! What a pretty rainbow over your very own pot of gold!

Old 06-25-2010, 10:14 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
I got my Nikki fix with these pics! What a cutie!

Looks like fun fishing! Love all the pics! What a pretty rainbow over your very own pot of gold!
I couldn't have said it any better I've caught up on your thread Lisa. Keep up the good job but take some breaks and enjoy a cold one!!

Old 06-25-2010, 10:54 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,752,858 times
Hi
Again I am sorry if you have already discussed this but, in the beginning, how did you go about finding your property. Were there any special criteria you were searching for? Was it luck or your careful planing that brought you there? As I am sure you probably know, many are following your work out of more then just curiosity. Many want to follow in your footsteps to some degree or another. Also, do you have a website? Are you compiling a book of any kind?
Thanks and look forward to your response.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-26-2010 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Thank you everyone for writing in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Hi, how did you go about finding your property Were there any special criteria you were searching for? Was it luck or your careful planing that brought you there? As I am sure you probably know, many are following your work out of more then just curiosity. Many want to follow in your footsteps to some degree or another. Also, do you have a website? Are you compiling a book of any kind?
Thanks and look forward to your response.
It took us years of searching in this area to find this property. Yes we had certain criteria. There is very limited "good" mountain land.
1. We wanted to be off a main road for easy access to towns. A lot of times in rural areas you have to go through some rougher places to get to land.
2. We also wanted "ridge to ridge" land which is almost impossible to find. We found one other but it wasn't off a main road. We like to own from the top of the property all around it and the valley in the middle.
3. We also wanted privacy which for the most part we have...can't do anything about the people across the mountain.

We lucked out because we weren't really looking for views...but the first time we walked the property we "knew" where we wanted to build.

No book plans right now. Maybe some day when life itself isn't so busy, lol.

BTW, you can scroll to the bottom of the thread and click on either "quick reply" or "post reply" to respond and ask questions. I will find your question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee