Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 09:41 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
He said NO to a bill for insurance for children whos parents cannot afford private medical insurance. Going after libs is one thing, going after sick children is another.
that bill was an extension of pork welfare designed by democrats as a wedge issue to make republicans who want limited gov't look heartless. god forbid that this country actually has a national budget to decide what we can and cannot afford. the repugs and bush do a very poor job at explaining this to the general public. that's why they get so much bad press over it.

we need a 3rd party who will actually have a sense of budget and staying out of other countries' affairs. i am sick of the repugs and the demos buying up voting blocs with their lavish spending programs for those voter blocs.

Last edited by wehotex; 10-07-2007 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Happening in Dallas too. It really does suck.
yes, it DOES suck. the typical southern californian had to deal with a lot of issues over there. i don't blame them for wanting to get out as i did also. i just wish tht they had stuck to ariz, nevada and oregon and stop coming here.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:45 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
that bill was an extension of pork welfare designed by democrats as a wedge issue to make republicans who want limited gov't look heartless. god forbid that this country actually has a national budget to decide what we can and cannot afford. the repugs and bush do a very poor job at explaining this to the general public. that's why they get so much bad press over it.

we need a 3rd party who will actually have a sense of budget and staying out of other countries' affairs. i am sick of the repugs and the demos buying up voting blocs with their lavish spending programs for those voter blocs.
Im not voting for him, but I think your guy is Ron Paul

Old 10-07-2007, 11:18 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
that bill was an extension of pork welfare designed by democrats as a wedge issue to make republicans who want limited gov't look heartless. god forbid that this country actually has a national budget to decide what we can and cannot afford.
Well said, and exactly right. Had it been part of a more reasonable package it might have been up for consideration.

And sberdow...you're entitled to your opinion about the President. Likewise, I'm entitled to my opinion about your opinion. However, I'm a lady, and a Texan at that, so I'll just leave it be.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Well said, and exactly right. Had it been part of a more reasonable package it might have been up for consideration.

And sberdow...you're entitled to your opinion about the President. Likewise, I'm entitled to my opinion about your opinion. However, I'm a lady, and a Texan at that, so I'll just leave it be.

Once again Mom2Feebs: WHAT EVER, all that aside what exactly does your name mom2feebs mean?

Old 10-07-2007, 11:58 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Once again Mom2Feebs: WHAT EVER,
I'm not sure what you mean by "once again" or "what ever". That's really your response?

Quote:
all that aside what exactly does your name mom2feebs mean?
My daughter's name is Phoebe. Her nickname is Feebs. When Baby #2 gets here in March I will need to change my username.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I for one would like to turn Texas into California, first thing we can do is take down the Lone stare flags and shove that Bear flag everywhere. Lets hear it for the new Texafornia!!!!! hey either way I can still get a awesom fajita in either state.

where do you find "awesome" fajitas in california? i'd really like to know.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "once again" or "what ever". That's really your response?

My daughter's name is Phoebe. Her nickname is Feebs. When Baby #2 gets here in March I will need to change my username.
you have a history of arguing with my post. I think its a waste of time to post to you. With all due respect, this is my last response . Your welcome to write a last word because I am putting you on my ignore list. Or take the high road and comment on the subjects and not on personal attacks. Good Day.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 PM

294 posts, read 437,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
Why so rude? And diversity is great, that's what's so cool about great cosmopolitan cities such as Houston but if a certain area isn't as diverse as another I don't understand the thinking that it's bad somehow. I'll take Texas in all its variety, diverse or not!

What the hell is so good about diversity????
somebody answer that for me please

you know what i have seen come with diversity?
crime.
liberalism.
other assorted bullcrap.

you call that progress????? its a forward form of regression. look at rome they progressed so much it collapsed.

oh yeah, i can recognize somebody elses religion or practices or deal with crap i find annoying and strange. wow, oh yeah the food, i can suffer without it and if i really want some other food, i will go there where it originated.

before some of you dimwits (the ones who will fulfill the next part of the statement) start accusing me of being a racist or bigot i am not. i grew up in california and have been alot of places around the world. everywhere i have tried to live in texas was to be around people who are more similar to me. not to have some other person try and cram whatever they feel, think or believe up my backside and tell me its good.

and with that being said, is why alot of texans are sick of californians coming here and trying to turn it into california. if you want california go back.

california has alot of great stuff, but i have found i cannot stand to be there anymore because of the many facets of california make me disapointed it has turned into a over crowded, polluted, expensive land of self victimization and self rigthoeusness.
not the place i grew up in.

if that is what you want....move there or stay there, dont bring that crap here.

native californian now living in texas

Old 10-07-2007, 02:35 PM

294 posts, read 437,540 times
Quote:
well some of us never figured out what was so great about it. believe me I tried. Maybe you can tell me what makes you folks get up in the morning and thank your lucky lone star that you live there.
what is so great about it?....it still is what california was in the past, but has ruined since then....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas