Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 PM

42 posts, read 83,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseG View Post
What an interesting thread...thank you for starting this. I just read all 12 pages and now I know a lot more about the town I just moved to....what to avoid, what's good, etc.

I have a couple of questions if any of the locals might want to chime in:

1) What happened to Christopher Taylor, the Rockdale HS asst. football coach who got arrested last Dec. for an improper relationship with a student? Last I heard he posted bond but still no word in the local paper about whether he's been convicted, sentenced, or anything like that. That was four months ago - surely the guy has had a court date by now? I know his family's supposedly got "connections" around these parts and probably had the pull to make the whole thing "go away." If all he got was a slap on the wrist or a fine, that sends a bad message to parents and kids at RHS.

2) What's up with the WATER????????? I'm not joking, this is a serious question! My commode always looks like it has peewater in it, what comes out of my tap is so brown I wouldn't dare drink it or feed it to my pets, and ohmygawd you do NOT want to see what the water looks like in the bathtub. The water is like, brown when I take a shower. GROSS!!!! Why is the water this weird yellow-brown color? Is it because the municipal pipes are old and rusted, or is the cause something else? And is it SAFE to drink or bathe in???? Does anybody know?

3) Is W. Cameron near Brookshire Bros. a safe area? I've been house-shopping in that neck of the woods and was a little concerned about all those little rundown shacks on Travis St. by the tracks; they would be really close to my house if I buy this one. Is it safe for the elderly and small kids?

some input from the locals would help. Thanks in advance for your insight and help to a newbie.
Try looking towards Thorndale or Taylor if you will, Rockdale has gone down with the morality. The citizens are not what they are out to be. Listen to TX_sweatheart, she has insights on how the town is ran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wussdale View Post
stoneofrefuge,
Yes we plan to move from rockdale someday, and yes Thorndale is a very good town to raise a family in, but until then I will keep folks that are planning to move to rockdale informed about the ways of this town so they wouldn't make the expensive mistake we did... MOVE HERE!!! I find your attitude about the suicides as cold hearted in nature as the rest of some these people around here! Its not about how long ago its happened, its to make sure it doesn't happen again. I will say this, you are right the "ole ways" will collapse this town.
After reading my own post, I decline to move to Rockdale for crime issues. I am looking at Temple or Belton area. I know that living there, I probably would not be in harms way. I refuse to live in Taylor, because of the drug runners there. Hutto, is another Rockdale in williamson county. They know how to play with the rent prices, no wonder people are going to scram when it comes to leasing. Unfortunately the US companies has offshored our jobs overseas. and outsourced our business and office work to save bux. I think the globalize system will come crashing down. I see it in the near future.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:10 AM

Default Local add in the station radio tower

(ROCKDALE)--UNITED STEEL WORKERS LOCAL 4895 HAS PUT

ITS UNION HALL UP FOR SALE. THE HALL, LOCATED AT 1529 WEST

CAMERON IN ROCKDALE SITS ON 2 ACRES OF LAND. THE HALL

HAS BEEN PLACED WITH 2 LOCAL REALTORS AND HAS BEEN ON

THE SALE BLOCK FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS. THE UNION INTENDS TO STAY

AND REPRESENT CURRENT ALCOA WORKERS WHILE DOWNSIZING TO

A SMALLER FACILITY.

Is it a coincodence that union has to relocate to a smaller less fee area to represent workers? City of Rockdale charges high taxes for small guys. No wonder why people are moving out faster thank staying put. I would relocate to a city where I can get to know everyone on a slow scale.

this is odd though.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,106 times
Default Got out and will stay out

Go ahead and crater Rockdale. You strangle all the good out of everyone and waste time on nothing but making sure the people who sweat blood to have a small business won't make it to prove you got some kind of warped and bizarre power trip. Even when it does nothing but hurt you. What do you want? Oh yeah, a bigoted, hateful town full of bullies and ignorant uneducated toothless mouth breathing right wing *******s. But wait! You already have that. F**k you Rockdale. At least I didn't have to kill myself to get out of there like so many have. Goodbye and good riddance..yuck..what a s**thole..

Old 01-25-2012, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,939 times
A vulture and a hummingbird were flying over a desert. The hummingbird found a beautiful flower and the vulture found a dead decaying animal. They both found what they were looking for.......

Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 PM

4 posts, read 7,331 times
rockdale is cheap & grosss. cheap=gross. its math(: i live here. the drugs are everywhere, the cops know but they are too crooked to do anything about it and everyone is ****ed off. 23 year olds do drugs live out of the budgette inn and think they are cool. as well as some live with their parents still at 30 and think they are bad ass.
if you ask anyone in rockdale what there is to do, their first response is "DRUGSSS" thats it. the end, move away from here or your kid will have 6million tattoos, they will be living with you at age 79 and be addicted to crack, and shooting up in your bathroom with their other looser friends.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 PM

Terminator 36" .40 Cal. Camo Blowgun

Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 PM

dont click on that.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
oopsie...

Old 06-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Alcoa will mutate your children!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,312 times
Default gonna be new to rockdale

Does anyone have any good things to say about rockdale these days? I know this thread is old, but I'm just wondering cuz I'm moving there in 2 weeks! Please any updated info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas