Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM

25 posts, read 107,618 times

Advertisements

Speaking of funny pictures, did you see the one where a young man was holding a loaded GUN and his small child was in his arms for the school fall festival thing? Classic.....

Small town BIG IDEAS? what big ideas? Going green is one of the newest topics in the country, because if done right it saves MONEY in the long run. Which or any of our new school projects with their millions in cost is Green? Are they designed to use max amount of sun light for heating? How about geo thermal heating/cooling? How about recycled cotton insulation? Anything???

In Greensburg Kansas they are rebuilding the whole town green after it was destroyed by a tornado and the savings are already adding up instead of continuing to cost the town/tax payers money for years to come.

Hmmm kkk loving bigot after obama was elected. funny... I too know exactly what you mean. Just like one of the towns biggest African American drug lords (yes drug lords) married the white sheriff’s daughter and has reaped all the benefits. I continually laugh when I see he has been arrested YET again and bail is less than 2000. I can only imagine the conversation at the dinner table "But Daddy....he's my babies daddy, and he lives here with all of us, you just can't put him in jail." lmao

He knew the system in Milam County and played it to his advantage, can’t blame a fella for that. She’s probably the only one of the mix couples in this town that actually gets’s money for her many children. Guess it doesn't matter the many couples that have divorced because of drug abuse, and other things that come with dealing with this particular individual.

To Corrine’s momma… Funny how that tree wasn’t a school sponsored event when the Principle promoted it as such. My apologies. But still, What about Ben? He has become forgotten and that breaks my heart because what they (the students) did to Ben was so awful, and what was said to Ben’s mother after the fact was equally as horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 08:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,377 times
Default Rockdale

I grew up in Rockdale and I have nothing but fond memories. It is a safe place to raise your kids ( I wandered all over as a kid!) The schools were ok and there was always some kind of fair, rodeo, or picnic going on. If you are wanting to find a great job making tons of money, you might want to rethink your choice but all in in all Rockdale is a good place to make home.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 3,765 times
Default info about Rockdale

Rockdale is a great place to live. I have lived here for 34 years and I am so happy to be here. The people are nice although there are some different kinds of people (but that is anywhere you live) and of course there are some problems but again that is anywhere.

The town works together and anyone who wants to be involved can be. There have been some comments made about the Chamber in Rockdale. I don't understand where those comments came from because the Chamber works hard to make the town better.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 6,672 times
Default Time to Buy Land

The area between Rockdale and Milano Texas has some of the prettiest and most affordable land in Texas. It is going up in value very quickly too. I guess this is central Texas after all. My land has gone up 140% in 3 years and still climbing. I'm not looking to sell, but it looks like more and more people are coming this way despite any negative threads about Rockdale, Texas, the city. It has a great health care facility, and a brand new high school and middle school. Just like all small towns the old timers are trying to hold on to what they have small businesswise and can be pretty nasty about protecting their turf. If I was buying land again I would choose the east of Rockdale quadrant again. I am raising 2 kids here and they seem to love it. We moved from the Houston area and I can't say enough about the difference in our lives. We have great neighbors too, but I don't see them much across our 100 acres. The people here are good Christians and I've never seen some of the problems your read about in the previous threads. It sounds like malcontents to me who've had a patch of hard luck because, like I said, if you want some nice land, full of wildlife, close to the big city but far away enough to enjoy, Rockdale is your place.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:12 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,316,728 times
All I know a big power plant sits near there.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 6,672 times
Default time to buy land

There is a new clean power plant located between Rockdale and Austin opening next year. Nowhere near the area I am talking about. That old dirty Alcoa aluminum plant that was located in the same place has been completely shut down for years and land is being reclaimed as a County Park with fishing lake.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:22 PM

25 posts, read 107,618 times
BellWeather.......Ummm seriously? A county park with a fishing lake? Ever heard of a thing called ground water contamination? Got kids? How about your's goes first since you think that is soooo safe.
I got some old water bottles full of BPA you can have too.

Other than a city park in Cameron, a county park doesn't exist in Milam. Unlike other city's who have a parks and rec department, R-dale depends on volunteer's and donations to have any type of park in the city and donations to keep it up to date and serviced.

And it's not been "YEARS" since Alcoa was shut down, just a couple because Luminant (the people who bought the power plant piece of the plant out there, didn't keep their end of their deal with alcoa to sell power to the aluminum plant at reduced prices. The atomizer which makes rocket fuel is still up and running as is the power plant and sections of the mine.

So yeah, let's shuttle all the little country bumpkins out there to Bellweather's County Park and Fishing lake with the road pasing directly by the atomizer on one side and the power plant on the other. Don't think it would be a security risk or anything.... Maybe we could also turn the old mine into a off road track as well.........lol

Now what to do with all the R.V parks IN TOWN (aren't they so beautiful) and the motels.... hmmmm
Podunk get ya sum....lol

Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,988 times
WOW! Tx_Sweetheart! I just read all your posts! I can't understand why you still live in Rockdale, Texas? Perhaps this might help your sour mood. www.MATCH.com

Old 01-31-2010, 02:14 PM

252 posts, read 725,324 times
Just your typical small town in Texas.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 7,484 times
We have lived in Rockdale,tx for 5 years. When we first moved to rockdale it seemed the town was a really nice place to live. We have now learned differently,we moved about four blocks from where we did live and big mistake. The neighbors are doing everything they can to get us to move out for no reason. The police will not do anything to help us, we are considered the criminal even though I got threathened by the neighbor down the street. It is a constent struggle to live here. The rest of the town, well if they don't like you they will find a reason to make it impossible to work in that rockdale. If you are a alcoan then doors open but if not don't bother to get ahead. Hopefully in a few years we will have the finances to move out of this town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas